Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract idea has been created. Let me know if you want to see it

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

can you pm me

WINTER IS COMING
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Yup
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Don't expect the Hawks to pick up anyone big. Their method of FA is to wait and see which players don't develop a market. That's how we got Zach Miller (a market didn't develop for him), Alan Branch, Robert Gallery, Sidney Rice (OK maybe not Rice, but we really needed him), ect. Our FO love to save money so we aren't gonna sign some guy to a mega deal on FA, thank god. I'd rather use that money to extend guys like Earl, Sherm, Russell (both of them), and Kam.

You signed Miller to elite TE money. He should have come way cheaper if there was no market for him.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no on Moffitt for a 5th, that's a disrespectful offer.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Don't expect the Hawks to pick up anyone big. Their method of FA is to wait and see which players don't develop a market. That's how we got Zach Miller (a market didn't develop for him), Alan Branch, Robert Gallery, Sidney Rice (OK maybe not Rice, but we really needed him), ect. Our FO love to save money so we aren't gonna sign some guy to a mega deal on FA, thank god. I'd rather use that money to extend guys like Earl, Sherm, Russell (both of them), and Kam.

You signed Miller to elite TE money. He should have come way cheaper if there was no market for him.

How long did Miller sit around for though? Last I remember it was around a week or so, and PC and JS stated they were incredulous he got no offers yet. He did not develop the market he expected, so we picked him up.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

How long did Miller sit around for though? Last I remember it was around a week or so, and PC and JS stated they were incredulous he got no offers yet. He did not develop the market he expected, so we picked him up.
have you seen the contract we gave him? It's not a contract you give to someone who didn't have other options.

He's the 5th highest paid TE

ram29jackson wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

have you seen the contract we gave him? It's not a contract you give to someone who didn't have other options.

Well my point was we wait to see if a market develops. How much money we pay them is a different story. We let Matt Flynn sit in the market for a while before offering him a deal, and it was a pretty good one at around 18 million.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29639/what-about-zach-miller

Quote:
Miller’s foray into free agency has been interesting. He is one of the better offensive players available and there hasn’t been any legitimate reports of any interest. ESPN’s John Clayton described the lack of reported interest in the pass-catching machine as “baffling.”

The market didn't develop for him like he thought it would. Now, the only argument left is did we really save money by letting him sit? I think we did, because Miller probably went into FA hoping to become the highest to 2nd or 3rd highest payed TE in the NFL, and right now he's 5th. Not much of a difference, but it's something.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

Well my point was we wait to see if a market develops. How much money we pay them is a different story. We let Matt Flynn sit in the market for a while before offering him a deal, and it was a pretty good one at around 18 million.

Quote:
Miller’s foray into free agency has been interesting. He is one of the better offensive players available and there hasn’t been any legitimate reports of any interest. ESPN’s John Clayton described the lack of reported interest in the pass-catching machine as “baffling.”

The market didn't develop for him like he thought it would. Now, the only argument left is did we really save money by letting him sit? I think we did, because Miller probably went into FA hoping to become the highest to 2nd or 3rd highest payed TE in the NFL, and right now he's 5th. Not much of a difference, but it's something.
or he just isn't the kind of guy to make noise about this sort of stuff.

There may not have been as much of a market for Flynn as was originally expected, but we were at the front of the race.

Same with Sidney.

Same with Jason Jones.

When we want a guy, we go after him.

ram29jackson wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

Quote:

or he just isn't the kind of guy to make noise about this sort of stuff.

There may not have been as much of a market for Flynn as was originally expected, but we were at the front of the race.

Same with Sidney.

Same with Jason Jones.

When we want a guy, we go after him

I kinda agree with this. I think we are willing to shell out the cash necessary to get them, but we are not the team to go out on day 1 and offer the mega deal.

Anyways, with the bolded statement, the good thing is we mostly build through the draft. That's why the D-line is worrying me, as players from there are notorious for taking longer to develop, at least as pass rushers. I never want to be a team like the Jets, building mostly through FA, and that's why I like PC and JS's system of building through the draft and resigning your own players.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only position I'd really like to see invest in is OL. Pete and Schneider haven't shown well in drafting OL aside from the easy selection of Okung

ram29jackson wrote:
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete and John like to pay players what THEY think they are worth.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
The only position I'd really like to see invest in is OL. Pete and Schneider haven't shown well in drafting OL aside from the easy selection of Okung

Sweezy? He has a lot of potential, I mean this kid was playing D-line a year ago and went from starting on the O-line. If he learns that fast, then he's almost guaranteed to be a quality starter. He's got all the necessary athleticism.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Sweezy? He has a lot of potential, I mean this kid was playing D-line a year ago and went from starting on the O-line. If he learns that fast, then he's almost guaranteed to be a quality starter. He's got all the necessary athleticism.

It's not a guarantee though. Sweezy maybe never learn the complexities of pass protection, which he really struggled with last season. I have faith in him though and I get what you're trying to say.

Nonetheless we have a backup in him.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

First off, he can't play both guard spots... Second, he was a 7th rounder. There should be no expectations for him to start immediately, and he obviously was not ready for it last year. I like him and he has made tremendous strides and could be a very good guard in the future, but we don't know that yet. Our plans should not be relying on him to become a starting caliber Guard.

ram29jackson wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 18 of 49

Jump to: