Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New 1st-rounder w/explanations & 2nd/3rd round!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
another suffering failed pick for the raiders and moore falling to 9 you are obviously insane

Childhood issues much? Very Happy
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Vikings select Jonthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

To much value their IMO.
They can find their WR with the following pick.

Understand your point, but respectfully disagree.

They need a field stretcher WR.
I dont see K Allen as that kind of WR, as I see him as a nice medium WR
If they went WR it would need to be a more down field threat WR who can fight off CBs and win jump balls.

I think Da'Rick Rogers is the best fit as a 2nd round WR.

After looking at da'rick rogers vids he was used as a slot receiver at Tennesse not on the outside. Allen fits better because the Vikings dont throw deep. Its not one of Ponders strenghts. So whats the point of getting a field stretcher in the first, when Ponder wont be able to make the throws.
Allen remind me of a Brandon Marshall who isnt a downfield big threat

Its true that Vikings/Ponder did not throw it deep many times this year. But the why is potentially cloudy. First is the personel, we simply did not have a long distance (plus jump ball) WR threat on this team. Without that personel its easy to reason that they wouldnt do it often. They potentially hoped that Simpson would do that, but he didnt go into that roll. The second is offensive scheme. When bringing along a 2nd year player, the coachs may not have wanted Ponder to sit in the pocket (behind a relatively young O-Line) for to long early in the year. Maybe they wanted to build confidence and potentially minimize mistakes. Towards the end of the season, the made calls for Ponder to throw the ball further and they connected. Thirdly, having the downfield threat takes 1.5 defenders out of the box, and thats going to give AP an extra advantage

So I agree they didnt do downfield throws last year, but I think if they have the personel they will. Ponder may not have the zip on the passes like some QBs, but he can throw it out there with some average velocity/air time and have a big WR go up and get it.

Last edited by CriminalMind on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
McRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
McRaider wrote:
another suffering failed pick for the raiders and moore falling to 9 you are obviously insane

ridiculous & half assed explanations for each team and players that will not drop as far as you have them Wink
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
McRaider wrote:

ridiculous & half assed explanations for each team and players that will not drop as far as you have them Wink

Just answer the question. Simple yes or no will work. Razz
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been only one true guard selected in the Top 10 in over 25 years. Chris Naeole OG Colorado went #10 in 1997. Even the idea of Chance Warmack going in the Top 6 is unrealistic at best. He won't go in the Top 15.

Jamison on the sig
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
There has been only one true guard selected in the Top 10 in over 25 years. Chris Naeole OG Colorado went #10 in 1997. Even the idea of Chance Warmack going in the Top 6 is unrealistic at best. He won't go in the Top 15.

Care to make a friendly bet on that?
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With maualuga most likely resigning, why would the bengals draft a backup LB in the first round? Not just that, why would they draft a LB who, as soon as someone gets their hands on him, he's out of the play for good. Yes he makes explosive plays every now and then but he doesnt play very physical with linemen. Yes he would help with coverage, but thats the reason the bengals signed lamur this past year who only played a couple games with the team and never really got a feel for the defense. Next year they should utilize him much more in coverage.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
With maualuga most likely resigning, why would the bengals draft a backup LB in the first round? Not just that, why would they draft a LB who, as soon as someone gets their hands on him, he's out of the play for good. Yes he makes explosive plays every now and then but he doesnt play very physical with linemen. Yes he would help with coverage, but thats the reason the bengals signed lamur this past year who only played a couple games with the team and never really got a feel for the defense. Next year they should utilize him much more in coverage.

He'd play OUTSIDE linebacker for the Bengals, is my thought.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Care to make a friendly bet on that?

You think he is Top 6 I say he won't go Top 15 I don't see any that would be fair. If some team trades to #14 to take him you're still far more wrong than me, yet I would still lose the bet.

Jamison on the sig
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

Then where would burfict go?
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

Stay where he's at.....?
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

Stay where he's at.....?

Burfict is at outside backer... and lamur would be on the other side....
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Dee Milliner falls the Dolphins are taking him
PghCrew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope that happens.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
McRaider wrote:

Well McRaider, where's your mock? Don't fault ppl for taking the time to 1. make a mock, 2. post it, 3. respond with utter politeness, and 4. offer damn good explanations

BTW @ suffering_bills: Interesting concepts and explanations or your mock. Good job!

^NS922 on the sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: