Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New 1st-rounder w/explanations & 2nd/3rd round!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 4043
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: New 1st-rounder w/explanations & 2nd/3rd round! Reply with quote

#01. KANSAS CITY: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia.
WHY: Because they basically have NO choice. Smith isn't a lock for success, but he has the best overall skill-set in THIS particular class. They could draft Joekel if they decide to let Albert walk, but why create another hole at a key position? Pay Albert, draft Smith, take the best 3-4 DE at the top of the 2nd.
SECOND ROUND: (#34.) Kawaan Short, DT, Purdue.
THIRD ROUND: (#63.) Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia.

#02. JACKSONVILLE: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia.
WHY: Because, if he checks out healthy, he's absolutely worth this high of a pick, and the Jags need pass-rushers more than almost anything. He'd be their Von Miller. I'm not sold on Bjoern Werner, I didn't like how easily Lane Johnson handled Damontre Moore in their bowl game, so Jones it is, for now.
SECOND ROUND: (#33.) Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas.
THIRD ROUND: (#64.) Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana.

#03. OAKLAND: Star Lotuleilei, DT, Utah.
WHY: Because their need at defensive tackle is so great. Seymour is on his last legs, and Kelly is a disgrace to the game. If there's anyone who doubts the reasoning of this selection, look no further than Doug Martin in the Tampa Bay game. Strong chance of trading down from this pick, too.
SECOND ROUND: No pick.
THIRD ROUND: (#66.) Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina.

#04. PHILADELPHIA: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M.
WHY: Because it would better their entire offensive line. We don't know WHAT kind of Jason Peters we'll have coming back from major leg surgery, but you could put him at right tackle, Herremans at guard, and Joekel at left tackle, and it'd be a likely upgrade across the board. Maybe Eric Fisher?
SECOND ROUND: (#35.) David Amerson, CB, N.C. State.
THIRD ROUND: (#67.) Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State.

#05. DETROIT: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan.
WHY: Because he JUST might be the best player in this draft, and having some long-term stability at left tackle could only help Stafford. I see no safety, CB, or any of the DE's to be as much of a talent as Fisher. Backus is old, and Riley Reiff looks like a RT to me. Draft defense in rounds 2-4.
SECOND ROUND: (#36.) Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State.
THIRD ROUND: (#65.) Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State.

#06. CLEVELAND: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama.
WHY: Because, in addition to being the likely top overall talent still available, there IS NO other player that would more help implement exactly what they want to do on offense. Lined up between Mack and Schwartz, leading the way for former teammate Trent Richardson? Power football at it's absolute FINEST.
SECOND ROUND: No pick.
THIRD ROUND: (#68.) Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State.

#07. ARIZONA: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma.
WHY: Because their need at left tackle is so profound. Rest assured, though; this guy can play. Handled Moore pretty easily in Oklahoma's bowl game against Texas A&M, and has shown in the Senior Bowl practices that he can perform against anybody in the country. Tons of potential; sky's the limit.
SECOND ROUND: (#38.) Matt Barkley, QB, U.S.C.
THIRD ROUND: (#69.) Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech.

#08. BUFFALO: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State.
WHY: Because this is where the value's at. Plus, aside from Mario Williams, look at what we have at DE! Kelsay should have been cut 2-3 years ago. Anderson is inconsistent and injury-prone. Merriman is, well, himself. I'm cool with them trading up into the late 1st for a QB, but there's none worth THIS pick.
SECOND ROUND: (#41.) Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse.
THIRD ROUND: (#71.) Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers.

#09. N.Y. JETS: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M.
WHY: See above; as with the Bills, this is probably the best bang for the buck at a need position. Talk about a MESS, though! This team needs help basically everywhere. Not out of the question for them to reach on a Glennon or Wilson here, but there'd be no immediate help. A pass-rusher like Moore will.
SECOND ROUND: (#39.) Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State.
THIRD ROUND: (#72.) Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech.

#10. TENNESSEE: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri.
WHY: Talent, value, need, in that order. Indeed, after the combine, it's not out of the question that Richardson could be viewed as a top-THREE talent. He will definitely bring a pass-rushing boost and nasty demeanor to the Titan's interior D-line, and could easily be one of the best players in this draft.
SECOND ROUND: (#40.) Datone Jones, DE, U.C.L.A.
THIRD ROUND: (#70.) Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia.

#11. SAN DIEGO: D. J. Fluker, OT, Alabama.
WHY: Because he's probably the best remaining offensive lineman, and the Chargers need help ALL over their line. Now, true; he may never be a starting LEFT tackle in the league, but at the very least he should be an outstanding RIGHT tackle, or even an absolute monster of an offensive guard.
SECOND ROUND: (#45.) Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State.
THIRD ROUND: (#76.) Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State.

#12. MIAMI: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee.
WHY: Because their fine, young, potential franchise-type QB could use a true, #1 target. I truly do see him as being almost the prototype of WR's these days; great size, speed, and athletic ability. I have my worries about his maturity level and such, but the talent is undeniable, any way you slice it.
SECOND ROUND: (#42.) Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, L.S.U.
SECOND ROUND: (#54.) Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford.
THIRD ROUND: (#77.) Kyle Long, OT, Oregon.
THIRD ROUND: (#82.) Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State.

#13. TAMPA BAY: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama.
WHY: Because it'd be maybe the biggest no-brainer pick of the entire DRAFT, if he's still on the board. Milliner could go from anywhere to Oakland at #3, Philly at #4, Detroit at #5, and almost anywhere down to this pick. Thing is, though, in a fairly deep CB class, some teams will wait a round or two.
SECOND ROUND: (#43.) Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina.
THIRD ROUND: (#73.) E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State.

#14. CAROLINA: Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State.
WHY: The Panthers need a big, run-stuffing DT, period, and Hankins could very well be the best one left on the board, in this scenario. TOUGH team to mock a pick for. SO many ways they could go. DT, WR, S, CB, etc. Heck; it could even be Jenkins, Floyd, or Jesse Williams over Hankins at the same position!
SECOND ROUND: (#44.) Eric Reid, S, L.S.U.
THIRD ROUND: No pick.

#15. NEW ORLEANS: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia.
WHY: Because of their impending switch to a 3-4 scheme, where it all starts with a huge nose tackle. A pass-rusher like Jordan or Mingo might prove tempting, but you have to lay the framework, first. Jenkins is a battle-tested veteran of the S.E.C. wars, and will help plug up the middle immediately.
SECOND ROUND: No pick.
THIRD ROUND: (#75.) Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn.

#16. ST. LOUIS: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina.
WHY: Simply put, the Rams need a guard, and Cooper's the best one still to be had. Solid pick; should be an immediate starter. With their two first-rounders this year and next via the Redskins trade, St. Louis has a chance to set themselves up for great things in the near future, and for years beyond.
SECOND ROUND: (#46.) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame.
THIRD ROUND: (#78.) Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State.

#17. PITTSBURGH: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon.
WHY: He would appear to be the top overall talent remaining at a need position for the Steelers. Except for his labrum injury, I could see Jordan being a possible top-10 pick, and it STILL may happen. Mingo could be considered here, as well as Vaccaro, Jesse Williams, or a cornerback, as well.
SECOND ROUND: (#48.) Matt Elam, S, Florida.
THIRD ROUND: (#79.) Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas.

#18. DALLAS: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky.
WHY: Because Dallas simply needs interior offensive line help, in a big way. Some may wonder why not Barrett Jones here, but I'd beg to differ. Warford has shown in the Senior Bowl practices that he can both open holes in the running game, and anchor against plus-sized defensive tackles.
SECOND ROUND: (#47.) Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama.
THIRD ROUND: (#80.) T.J. McDonald, S, U.S.C.

#19. N.Y. GIANTS: Sam Montgomery, DE, L.S.U.
WHY: Because they're the Giants; they draft defensive ends. To be serious, though, this is a pretty good pick at this juncture. With Umenyiora probably gone, and Tuck not what he once was, Montgomery looks like an excellent addition to their rotation. He can both play the run, and rush the passer.
SECOND ROUND: (#49.) Barrett Jones, C/OG/OT, Alabama.
THIRD ROUND: (#81.) Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State.

#20. CHICAGO: Kevin Minter, ILB, L.S.U.
WHY: Because it's been a great, long run, but it's now time to think about replacing Mr. Urlacher. Ogletree strikes me as more of a potential OLB in a 4-3, and Te'o, well... -let's just say his draft stock has slipped a bit. Minter has the S.E.C. pedigree, and should be a productive starter very early on.
SECOND ROUND: (#50.) Alex Okafor, DE, Texas.
THIRD ROUND: No pick.

#21. CINCINNATI: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia.
WHY: Because they could use upgrades across the board at the linebacker position. Ogletree is a fast, productive 'backer that truly defines the good old "sideline-to-sideline" cliche. I wouldn't rule out Vaccaro, perhaps a DE, or maybe even Te'o at this juncture, but Ogletree makes a ton of sense.
SECOND ROUND: (#37.) Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina.
SECOND ROUND: (#53.) Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor.
THIRD ROUND: (#84.) D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina.

#22. ST. LOUIS: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas.
WHY: Probably the best player at his position in the draft, at an area of need for the Rams. They appear to have struck gold in their secondary with last year's pick of Janoris Jenkins, so now they add to the lot with the selection of Vaccaro. This team will be really, really good in a couple of years.

#23. MINNESOTA: Keenan Allen, WR, California.
WHY: Because they need a true, full-sized, #1 WR option. This would certainly be an ideal pick for the Vikings, it would appear on paper. It makes you wonder how much more effective A.D. could be if defenses actually had to respect the PASSING GAME for Minnesota?!? Scary thought to consider.
SECOND ROUND: (#52.) Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers.
THIRD ROUND: (#83.) Brian Winters, OT/OG, Kent State.

#24. INDIANAPOLIS: Jonthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.
WHY: Probably the best player still on the board at a position of need in this scenario. REALLY tough pick to predict, honestly. Other options are Barrett Jones, Jesse Williams, Eric Reid, Dallas Thomas, and more. In the end, without a 2nd-rounder, I think they'll trade down with a team that wants a QB.
SECOND ROUND: No pick.
THIRD ROUND: (#86.) Khaled Holmes, C, U.S.C.

#25. SEATTLE: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee.
WHY: Because, as with the Miami Dolphins, one must make sure that your young, franchise-type QB has adequate weaponry. Could be one of a number of WR's here; Allen, Hopkins, Patterson, or even Terrance Williams figure into the mix. Depends on who they like out of who's available, seems.
SECOND ROUND: (#56.) Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas.
THIRD ROUND: (#87.) Joe Kruger, DE, Utah.

#26. GREEN BAY: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama.
WHY: Because it's about time that they had a bell-cow running back. Barrett Jones is another option at this point, or perhaps Travis Frederick, should he be seen as the #1 center available. This is another of those late first-rounders that I could see as trade-bait for a team seeking to move up for a QB.
SECOND ROUND: (#55.) Travis Frederick, C/OG, Wisconsin.
THIRD ROUND: (#88.) William Gholston, DE, Michigan State.

#27. HOUSTON: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson.
WHY: Because a legitimate #2 WR like Hopkins would make Andre Johnson, and the entire Houston offense, that much more effective. Robert Woods or Terrance Williams figure into this mix, as well, and you could maybe even see a surprise Te'o selection here, if he's still on the board.
SECOND ROUND: (#57.) Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State.
THIRD ROUND: (#89.) Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama.

#28. DENVER: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington.
WHY: Because, post Senior Bowl practices, he's the 3rd-best cornerback on mine, and most boards, until someone steps up and shows otherwise. I could see Rhodes, Amerson, or Poyer staking a claim to the contrary, but they'll have to do it, first, and Trufant has excellent bloodlines, besides.
SECOND ROUND: (#58.) Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois.
THIRD ROUND: (#90.) Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin.

#29. NEW ENGLAND: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia.
WHY: Because I don't see Wes Welker as having a future with this team. Tavon Austin would bring a dynamic speed element to the Patriots that they haven't had since I don't even KNOW when. He'll stretch the field, and if you miss a tackle on a slant route, he might burn you for an 80-yarder.
SECOND ROUND: (#59.) Bennie Logan, DT, L.S.U.
THIRD ROUND: (#91.) Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut.

#30. ATLANTA: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, B.Y.U.
WHY: Because, even though he's raw as heck, he's a project that's MOST likely worth the wait. Based on reports from the Senior Bowl practices, though, I question his heart and motor more than just a little bit. He's going to take a lot of coaching, but how can you coach desire into someone?
SECOND ROUND: (#60.) Dallas Thomas, OT/OG, Tennessee.
THIRD ROUND: (#92.) Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State.

#31. SAN FRANCISCO: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida.
WHY: Because he'd simply be another, excellent, hard-@ssed addition to the front seven of the 49'ers. Could play nose tackle or 3-4 end, but I see him as a better fit as an end. They could go go WR or DB here, too, but I think that Floyd fits the scheme of San Francisco pretty much perfectly.
SECOND ROUND: (#61.) Robert Woods, WR, U.S.C.
THIRD ROUND: (#93.) Shawn Williams, S, Georgia.

#32. BALTIMORE: Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame.
WHY: Because there'll be an opening at the position after this season for the Ravens. It'll sure be interesting to see how this whole, weird, warped, silly, dead girlfriend scenario plays itself out.... I guess. As a prospect, Te'o appears to have most of the tools to be a decent inside-linebacker.
SECOND ROUND: (#62.) Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State.
THIRD ROUND: (#94.) Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State.

2nd-Round pick-only team: WASHINGTON: (#51.) Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma.
THIRD ROUND: (#85.) Chris Faulk, OT, L.S.U.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................


Last edited by Suffering_Bills on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46891
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Jets.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 4043
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Love it for the Jets.

Thanks.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 7436
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting pick there for the Browns...first time ive seen it and i dont mind it either Milliner or Moore would be other options there also
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xero


Joined: 24 Dec 2012
Posts: 185
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get why you have the bolts taking Fluker but that's such a bad reach I rather take Milliner in that scenario.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4755
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings select Jonthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

To much value their IMO.
They can find their WR with the following pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 4043
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xero wrote:
I get why you have the bolts taking Fluker but that's such a bad reach I rather take Milliner in that scenario.

Plenty of good CB's to be had in the 2nd. Wink
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phins72


Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if milliner there at 12 for the dolphins i don't think they pass on him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 4043
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
Interesting pick there for the Browns...first time ive seen it and i dont mind it either Milliner or Moore would be other options there also

Best option, without a 2nd-rounder, being to trade down, but Warmack would give them the best young O-line in football.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 4043
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Vikings select Jonthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

To much value their IMO.
They can find their WR with the following pick.

Understand your point, but respectfully disagree.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4755
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Vikings select Jonthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

To much value their IMO.
They can find their WR with the following pick.

Understand your point, but respectfully disagree.


They need a field stretcher WR.
I dont see K Allen as that kind of WR, as I see him as a nice medium WR
If they went WR it would need to be a more down field threat WR who can fight off CBs and win jump balls.

I think Da'Rick Rogers is the best fit as a 2nd round WR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShineOnStar


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 561
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why spend a second when you can WASTE a first? Understand the position (REALLY understand it) but that is bad value when we have needs at S and D line as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23238
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bengals pick
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 4043
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
Why spend a second when you can WASTE a first? Understand the position (REALLY understand it) but that is bad value when we have needs at S and D line as well.

If you wait until the second round to address the interior O-line, it'll be too late to do so. That is all. Can't put it much plainer.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32437
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If an OT is BPA it would make more sense for the eagles to trade down.


We need a whole new secondary, pass rushers, linebackers, etc.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group