Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis to Seattle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are in need of a QB.

Maybe Browner + Flynn + late round pick?

I would feel like Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy if that happened!

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not going to happen. I'd be shocked if Pete and John pull the trigger.
1)He's expensive.
2) He's a me type guy and
3) He's coming of major knee injury
4) Our FO has a pride in finding guys for themselves.

Look Revis is an amazing CB when healthy. But this trade would have to be worked out to benefit Seattle. We are in great shape in the secondary so this is 100% luxury move. Personally I would give a 3rd this year. If Revis is a team player and healthy they get a 2nd next year.

PS they won't want Flynn. They are trying to save money. Sanchez is looking at 12 million (100% guarenteed) They will probably stick with him this year. They don't want to add another 7 million at QB.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
Nope.
Noway.
Nohow.

I would be 100% against this trade, here's why:

1) The trade would cost too much.
2) After the trade Revis will want big $.
3) Revis is going to be 28 years old at the start of next year and coming off of an ACL tear.
4) We have two very good Corners in Sherm and Browner to start with.
5) as stated earlier in this thread, we need pass rushers on this team our CBs are solid......

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
silus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
sirensong wrote:
I don't want to do the deal if it includes our 1st. I would LOVE to get Revis but we would be upgrading our biggest strength. We need to focus on our weaknesses. As much as Id love to have him not at the cost of addressing our needs.

Logical, and most would agree. However there is logic out there (Marcus Buckingham- discover your strengths) things focusing on making your strengths, stronger is what leads to dominance.

I do agree with this philosophy, which led the Falcons to get Julio Jones, and the Peyton led Colts to always be stacked at every receiving position. Actually, thats what I think is wrong with the Patriots. Brady has one receiving option, and they are getting rid of him! The best QB of this generation and you don't even know who his receivers are. WTF is that all about??

Anyways, I say defense should still be this teams strength, but run defense (not pass rush) is absolutely killing them.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against this trade, but if it went down, I wouldn't even be mad. Why would any team not want the 2 best corners in the league? that helps your pass rush SO much.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against this trade as well. Revis has proven himself to be a selfish, me-first player as well as a off-the-field distraction with his seemingly yearly threat of holding out. I'm all for players getting what they can out of the contract negotiation process, but this dude acts like a diva every off season. The 'Hawks don't need that kind of distraction. Save the picks cuz the FO has already proven they can find gems at any time in the draft and save the cap space to sign other quality players that hopefully won't act like honey boo boo after every season. Rolling Eyes
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan pretty much covered everything I was going to say. No thanks to Revis.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a rumour going around that Cromartie may be more likely to be dealt. This actually makes more sense (for us anyway). He's a big tall receiver with great hands and he wouldn't cost as much to acquire. He's also signed for the next two years. The only drawback is that he has a hefty contract for the next two years but maybe we could convince him to re-structure to a longer term in the hopes of making a deep playoff run.

I don't think we need to acquire either of these big names floating around the trade block but I'm sure John & co are doing their due dilligence and seeing what the price tag is.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no purpose to Cro.

He's purely an outside CB, just like Browner and Sherman. The bonus to Revis is that he can cover elite slot guys.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I see no purpose to Cro.

He's purely an outside CB, just like Browner and Sherman. The bonus to Revis is that he can cover elite slot guys.

I figured in a 3-wide set that Sherm could cover the inside and/or either Browner or Cro could cover guys like Graham/Gronk on passing downs.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I see no purpose to Cro.

I figured in a 3-wide set that Sherm could cover the inside and/or either Browner or Cro could cover guys like Graham/Gronk on passing downs.

Sherm is great theres no doubt. You dont want him inside.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Agree with "NO!" to Revis for all the reasons elucidated above. Focus on what we need- OL, Pass rush, WR, depth. If you're gonna go for a big name FA, go get a guard. There won't be any super-studs available to us in the draft.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I'm not sure how keen I am on the idea, but if so I'd want to see Browner and maybe even Flynn a part of the transaction.

This is where i am, but i agree in not wanting to deal with holdouts.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis wants star QB money and what we would have to give up would not be worth it, Our D-Line needs the upgrade our Secondary is fine except at NCB.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I see no purpose to Cro.

Sherm is great theres no doubt. You dont want him inside.
charles Woodson was amazing and he was a sick nickel in some sets. You don't want Sherm inside because he'd be much worse at it, plain and simple. His height and his ability o use the sideline as a defender are two of his best traits that he can't maximize inside.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: