Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Change of heart?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Change of heart? Reply with quote

Looks like Beanie is making it known that any beef he had left with Whiz and he wants back in...

Quote:
I am excited about Coach Arians, he said. Ive never had a problem with going out and proving myself, but this couldnt have happened at a better time for me. I think its a way for me to get a fresh start under a new coaching staff. Its a chance to let them form their own opinions of me instead of going off of the past.

Link

Were his comments about wanting out forgivable now that an entirely new staff has come in? I'd like to see him return for the simple fact that he's cheap and we don't have much depth. Let him go out and have a good contract year then he can leave for FA and we'll get a comp pick or something...

Thoughts on the Beanie situation?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - I don't think he ever said he wanted out, just beleived he would not be bought back.

2 - I am split, he is never healthy, he cannot stay on his feet when cutting, he too often goes down on first contact.

3 -I would rather roll with Williams and Backups, but there is not a lot of proven reliability with Williams either.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Change of heart? Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Looks like Beanie is making it known that any beef he had left with Whiz and he wants back in...

Quote:
I am excited about Coach Arians, he said. Ive never had a problem with going out and proving myself, but this couldnt have happened at a better time for me. I think its a way for me to get a fresh start under a new coaching staff. Its a chance to let them form their own opinions of me instead of going off of the past.

Link

Were his comments about wanting out forgivable now that an entirely new staff has come in? I'd like to see him return for the simple fact that he's cheap and we don't have much depth. Let him go out and have a good contract year then he can leave for FA and we'll get a comp pick or something...

Thoughts on the Beanie situation?

This and this. He should be motivated and he costs us very little.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
sunnysouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might as well keep him going into camp. It would be foolish to cut him before. He knows he has to man up and that could end up being a good thing.
Agree with Dez. We get a good year at a good price and then he is thrown into the 2014 comp pick equation.
This does not preclude us from drafting another back (mid to late rounds). Damn, lets use those extra 6th rounders. RB's always fall due to numbers game. Christine Micheal, Burkhead, Mike Ford, Jefferson from Nevada.
Some good backs in the 4th -6th range.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beanie actually clarified a while back that he didn't want out, he simply thought he wasn't wanted back. There is a difference. That said, I'm tired of Beanie Wells. The injury thing has gotten really old and we'vew all found out real quick that he's a 1-dimensional player. I'd rather just cut him, save the little money we save and move on.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather not see Wells on the team anymore but I don't think anything he can do will take the Job from Williams.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I rather not see Wells on the team anymore but I don't think anything he can do will take the Job from Williams.

Agreed.

3rd day RB's that interest me are Ray Graham (Pittsburgh) and the above mentioned Rex Burkhead (Nebraska). Graham's 2012 season was his 1st after torn ACL, so his rookie season will be the 1st he is likely fully healed and should be back to near norm. I think he will be a steal for whoever gets him as at least a 3rd down back/return guy. Burkhead is more of a pounder with less wiggle than Graham, but could serve as a good short yardage guy IMO. He also has good hands. Both of them should provide good late round value.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Agreed.

3rd day RB's that interest me are Ray Graham (Pittsburgh) and the above mentioned Rex Burkhead (Nebraska). Graham's 2012 season was his 1st after torn ACL, so his rookie season will be the 1st he is likely fully healed and should be back to near norm. I think he will be a steal for whoever gets him as at least a 3rd down back/return guy. Burkhead is more of a pounder with less wiggle than Graham, but could serve as a good short yardage guy IMO. He also has good hands. Both of them should provide good late round value.

Well, say for some reason we lose LSH, I wouldn't mind seeing Kenjon Barner in the 4th or 5th round. 5'11" 190ish lbs.. but quick and shifty. I see him as an upgraded LSH possibly.

Only issue I have with it means, unproven Williams as feature back and who knows what happens to Beanie.
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to move on from him.
SmallieBigs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye bye Beanie. I will never forgive you for tricking the Cardinals into picking you ahead of LeSean McCoy. You failed to live up to your potential, you can't keep your feet under you, and for a big RB you go down too easliy. I'm sure someone will give you a small contract to be a backup so enjoy your fresh start on whatever team is dumb enough to think you'll be an impact player.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmallieBigs wrote:
Bye bye Beanie. I will never forgive you for tricking the Cardinals into picking you ahead of LeSean McCoy. You failed to live up to your potential, you can't keep your feet under you, and for a big RB you go down too easliy. I'm sure someone will give you a small contract to be a backup so enjoy your fresh start on whatever team is dumb enough to think you'll be an impact player.

Hello Miami?!? I actually could see he and Slaton competing to back up Miller, assuming they part ways with Bush (I would).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have wipo to

matthouston91 made it!
sunnysouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut him in his contract year when we might actually be able to get production out of him?
Okay.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract year doesn't change anything.
sunnysouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Contract year doesn't change anything.

Huh?
Really?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: