Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Cowboys '13 FFMD: Gotham City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
@whosto_ffmd wrote:
Sources tell me, there is a deal on the table to send Demarcus Ware to the #Broncos, for two first rounders and Raheem Moore. Broncos staff seems split on losing three young talents for an elite player. The do recognize that, "pass rusher is a need."

Shocked

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
justo wrote:
@whosto_ffmd wrote:
Sources tell me, there is a deal on the table to send Demarcus Ware to the #Broncos, for two first rounders and Raheem Moore. Broncos staff seems split on losing three young talents for an elite player. The do recognize that, "pass rusher is a need."

Shocked

Hm, interesting.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Last edited by CowboysTilIDie on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a first this year, a first next year, and some other pieces but it's still in the early stages of negotiation and discussion with Denver. If it gets serious and they're firm on their offer (pre-approved, ready to go) then it'll be brought up here.

Indianapolis and Houston are also throwing offers out and Seattle and Atlanta are mulling it over. I'll keep you guys informed if anything gets serious.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Spends

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here are all of the Free Agents for the Bengals:

QB Bruce Gradkowski
RB Brian Leonard
RB Bernard Scott
WR Brandon Tate
WR Andrew Hawkins
TE Clark Harris
TE Richard Quinn
T Andre Smith
T Dennis Roland
DE Michael Johnson
DE Wallace Gilberry
DE Robert Geathers
DT Pat Sims
LB Rey Maualuga
LB Manny Lawson
LB Thomas Horward
LB Vincent Rey
CB Adam 'Pacman' Jones
CB Terrence Newman
S Jeromy Miles
S Nate Clements
S Chris Crocker

The Bengals seem set on franchising either Michael Johnson or Andre Smith, then focusing on getting the other one in Free Agency. Obviously, those would be our top two targets on this team, but we are better served focusing on some cheaper talent.

Some guys that stick out to me:

Brandon Tate, WR: I think this guy would fit in well with our offense. He has great speed as evidenced by returning 2 KO for TD in 2010 for the Patriots and 1 PR for TD in 2011 with the Bengals. A third round pick in 2009, he has a some knee injuries in the past that likely lead to the Patriots releasing him a few days before the season started in 2011. I think he could be a cheap option as a 4th WR and be our return guy.

Thomas Howard, LB: The bengals have discussed in their war room re-signing Howard if they can't keep Lawson, but he doesn't seem to be a top priority for them. Howard has good speed and even better instincts, and could be a top priority for us in Free Agency to start alongside Lee and Carter. Howard has a knack for the ball and then finding the end zone if he grts it. Also, Howard fits the RKG mold as he is very involved in the community and has started his own foundation. Howard is recovering from an ACL tear this past September, but should be ready by training camp.

Nate Clements, S or Chris Crocker, S: I don't personally think either of these guys bring us much value, but can't be much worse than what we have had on the field the last couple seasons...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland Browns
(Second try - got disconnected from airport wifi and deleted my last post...)

RB Brandon Jackson
RB Chris Ogbonnaya
WR Josh Cribbs
WR Jordan Norwood
TE Ben Watson
DE Juqua Parker
DE Emmanuel Stephens
DE Auston English
LB Scott Fujita
LB Kaluka Maiava
CB Sheldon Brown
S Raymond Ventrone

I don't see much here at all in terms of free agency. Josh Cribbs I would anticipate commanding a lot of money in FFMD. The Browns are interested in Lawrence Vickers and haven't said they are not interested in Spears, Connor, or Sensy. However, they have cited Ratliff's salary as the reason they are not interested in him.

I do not know much about Maiava, other than he was at USC with Matthews and Cushing....so I would be interested to hear thoughts from others on him. He will be 27 entering the 2013 season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it just be easier to tell us who isn't a free agent for the Bengals? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Wouldn't it just be easier to tell us who isn't a free agent for the Bengals? Laughing

You might be right, ha, but I just had my notes in the airport.

Now I'm on my way to Miami and using Wi-if on the plane. Love technology.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, for the Ravens....

QB Joe Flacco
RB Anthony Allen
RB Damien Berry
RB Bobby Rainey
TE Ed Dickson
TE Dennis Pitta
TE Billy Bajema
T Bryant McKinnie
DE Ryan McBeam
DE Arthur Jones
DT Bryan Hall
DT Maake Keomeatu
LB Paul Kruger
LB Dannell Ellerbe
LB Ricky Brown
LB Albert McLellan
LB Josh Bynes
CB Chris Johnson
CB Cary Williams
S Ed Reed
S Sean Considine
S James Ihedigbo
S Emanuel Cook

Their hasn't been much activity in the Ravens war room due to something called the "Super Bowl" this weekend. But, they are definitely going to be re-signing Flacco and are having internal discussion on whether to focus on Reed or Ellerbe after that - none of which I would have much interest in for this team.

Both TEs being RFAs makes me think it is highly doubtful they can keep both. Obviously it would depend on what they value them at - but would anyone be interested in pursuing one of them? Either one would be an exceptional heir-apparent to Witten's throne.

I would say we should look into Ryan McBean, but after failing a drug test in 2011 and suffering a season-ending ankle injury in 2012 makes me think its not a good fit.

Some people might throw out Cary Williams or James Ihedigbo as potential targets - but I don't see a great fit there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also,

If we are looking for any RB depth and don't want to spend a draft pick, Anthony Allen is a very athletic RB who could also be a good ST contributor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to round out the AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers

QB Byron Leftwich
QB Charlie Batch
RB Jonathan Dwyer
RB Isaac Redman
RB Rashard Mendenhall
WR Plaxico Burress
WR Mike Wallace
WR Emmanuel Sanders
TE Leonard Pope
T Max Starks
G Ramon Foster
C Doug Legursky
C Greg Warren
DT Casey Hampton
DT Steve McLendon
LB Brandon Johnson
LB Larry Foote
LB Stevenson Sylvester
CB Keenan Lewis
S Demarcus Van Dyke
S Ryan Mundy

Emmanuel Sanders, Dwyer, and Redman are all RFAs and probably not something we want to mess with this offseason. Sanders would be interesting to discuss, but I think out of our price range.

Ramon Foster is the biggest name that sticks out to me here. He is a strong guard, not known especially for his pulling technique but moreso brute strength. I am interested to see the market for Foster out there. If we can land him at a cheap price, he should come in and immediately provide competition for Livings/Costa/Burningdeuce.

Ryan Mundy is not a flashy name, but he is a smart player who has succeeded at all levels without unbelievable athleticism or speed. If we fail to land a top safety, I don't think he would be a bad option that would come very cheap.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys | Expected to re-sign L.P. Ladouceur

Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:19:37 -0800

The Dallas Cowboys are expected to try to re-sign impending free-agent LS L.P. Ladouceur this offseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl/dallas-cowboys#ixzz2JiqdX2z5

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
expected to try to re-sign

That's a key word there, T_O

^^^mack
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay on to the AFC east:
Ians Bills: Out of their UFAs these are the ones I would look at:

FS - Byrd
LG - Levitre
RB - Choice
CB - McKelvin
LB - Merriman
G - Rinehart

I know they are either going to resign or franchise both Byrd and Levitre, so they are pretty much off the table. I think Tashard Choice is an interesting opting at backup RB. He obviously has familiarization with us, and he performed well in limited action while he was with us. I personally want to spend a draft pick on a mid round, young, RB, but Choice woul be a cheap signing that saves us a draft pick and is immediately better than Tanner or Dunbar imo. Leodis McKelvin is interesting. Former 11th overal pick. He has only started 33 games in his 5 year career, so he is a bust no doubt. He may still be to expensive to even look at, but he has ball skills, as he has had at least 1 INT in every year he has played at least 4 games. If he came cheap he would be a nice addition to the secondary. Merriman.... I think we can all agree that we should have drafted Merriman over Ware in 2005. Well, now is our chance. He has moved to DE, but he has only started 7 games in the last 4 years. He only had 2 sacks in that time. Obviously I wouldn't sign him to anything other than the absolute minimum, but he could provide a decent rotation at DE, though I doubt it. Now to the guy I am most interested in from this team. The 6'5" 321lb. Chad Rhinehart. He has graded out well as a run blocker and a pass protector. The Bills line have done a nice job paving the way for several different running backs and Rhinehart has shown he can be a part of that. He was put on IR last year, he could come cheap, and he could be a starter in this league.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap Update

We have had a $5m penalty imposed upon us by the League Office, and have been allowed a $2.3m rollover from last season. We have also been allowed to trigger Carr's built in Restructure prior to the Roster Lock so it will not count as one of our restructures. After doing that (saved $10.88m), we are currently $8.3m over the Salary Cap. If we extend Romo, we will be JUST under the cap of $121m. We can restructure any combo of 2 of Free, Witten, Austin to get us a little more room (Approx. $8m) We're not desperate for cap space, but to sign FA's, we should definitely consider moving some high cap pieces (Ware, Connor, Free, Vickers, Austin, Ratliff, etc.).

Sig courtesy of mack.

Last edited by MaddHatter on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD '13 ROSTERS

These Rosters will be LOCKED (barring catastrophic or equation issues) tonight at 8:00 PM EST. If you see an error, please contact me either via PM (include team in subject line) or in the Roster Correction Thread

Thank you;

EZ

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 31 of 103

Jump to: