Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Mock W/ trade scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: New Mock W/ trade scenario Reply with quote

Players Kept:
- Sam Shields - Young, talented, entering his prime
- Brad Jones - Good depth, versatility, cheap
- EDS - Solid combo lineman, may start at center
- Erik Walden - Cheap, adds depth behind CM3 and Perry
- Hawk and Finley are not cut.
Retired:
- DD - Will be missed
- Jeff Saturday - class act

Released:
- Woodson - I am a big Woodson fan so this pains me but it's necessary. He has steadily declined and is way too expensive. He probably won't agree to enough of a pay cut to stay.

Free Agency:
- Steven Jackson - This makes too much sense for both parties involved. TT doesn't have to give up picks, gives Arod a legit bruiser, won't cost a ton long term. SJ will have a good shot at a ring.

Draft:

RD1. Trade Down - A team comes calling looking for a QB, Ted sends our 1st for an early 2nd and 3rd.

RD2. Barrett Jones OL/Bama - This guy makes too much sense for GB. TT values versatility, and Jones has that, plus tons of experience playing at an elite program. Jones would start at center leaving EDS as a solid C/OG backup.

RD2. Kevin Reddick, LB, UNC - TT must find a new ILB to replace Hawk. DJ Smith has been good but i'm not sure he's full-time starting material. Reddick has good instincts and is tough in the box. He's also a pretty decent athlete.

RD3. Shawn Williams, S, UGA - W/ Woodson gone TT must add more talent and competition for MD and Jerron. Williams is a good tackler and not too bad in coverage. He brings physicality that we are currently lacking back there.

RD3. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA - A rising prospect at the senior bowl practices, Jones has the body of an athletic 5 tech, something we don't really have. He adds depth and insurance for Worthy.

RD4. Tavarres King, WR, UGA - King has a nice skill set and decent measurables. He would add some nice depth and learn behind our vets.

RD4. (comp for Flynn) Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford - Every yr there are late rd RB steals, and this yr GB finds one. Taylor won't wow you but he does everything well. He's a tough inside runner that will take up the mantle after SJ hangs em up.

RD5. Dan O'Neill, OT, WMU - Project tackle to compete w/ Datko and add depth.

RD6. Travis Howard, CB, OSU - Howard was a pretty solid cb at Ohio State, but not spectacular. I think he has the talent, and w/ the right coaching he could become a nice ST's gunner and dime CB.

RD7. Matt Scott, QB, AZ - I'm not very sold on Harrell being a long term backup; Coleman could be the guy, but it wouldn't hurt to add another arm to the QB school and let the best man win.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Taylor goes 2nd-3rd. No qualms with anything else. Would love to get a TE to push Finley.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Stefan Taylor won't last that long. I also don't see the need for another OT to be taken. We've got 2 guys coming back and another couple of OT's waiting in the wings. We need a Center more or less so the Jones pick solidifies that IMO.

Love the King pick, the guy's quite underrated and might shoot up the draft boards.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jones in the 3rd and Taylor in the 4th are both unrealistic, but what do I know?

I think Datone Jones has an outside shot at round 1, to be honest.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting kinda tired of seeing mocks with Jennings tagged and traded. It's not going to happen.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Agreed. Stefan Taylor won't last that long. I also don't see the need for another OT to be taken. We've got 2 guys coming back and another couple of OT's waiting in the wings. We need a Center more or less so the Jones pick solidifies that IMO.

Love the King pick, the guy's quite underrated and might shoot up the draft boards.

I pretty much started ignoring the rounds/trades in mocks at this point, and focused on the players picked. Leads to less headaches.

King is one of the many underrated WR in this draft. I'd be thrilled to have him!

Datone Jones screams 4-3 to me, but If this was how the cards fell, I'd be quite happy.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
I'm getting kinda tired of seeing mocks with Jennings tagged and traded. It's not going to happen.

Well, the league year starts March 12. So we'll know if he's franchised by then. Until then, if it bothers you, then might I suggest not reading mocks until that date?

I personally think that tag-and-trade on Jennings is more likely than not, and it's understandable why mock writers think that it will happen since "having more picks to play with" is more fun than having fewer.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Well, the league year starts March 12. So we'll know if he's franchised by then. Until then, if it bothers you, then might I suggest not reading mocks until that date?

I personally think that tag-and-trade on Jennings is more likely than not, and it's understandable why mock writers think that it will happen since "having more picks to play with" is more fun than having fewer.

I'd have to agree with Cabbage on this one. Tagging and trading is very rare. I'd love if we could tag-n-trade to get a 2nd, I just don't see it happening.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

I'd have to agree with Cabbage on this one. Tagging and trading is very rare. I'd love if we could tag-n-trade to get a 2nd, I just don't see it happening.

You mean you agree with me? I am le confused haha.

I know it's more fun to have more picks to work with Razz I would just be shocked if it happened.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

packattack86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:

I didn't tag n trade Jennings in this mock. I had TT trade down out of the first to pick up an extra 3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I think Jones in the 3rd and Taylor in the 4th are both unrealistic, but what do I know?

The other Jones in the 2nd is very unrealistic. The Packers would jump for joy if he is there in the 1st. An immediate starter who can play any position doesn't come along very often.
packattack86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

The other Jones in the 2nd is very unrealistic. The Packers would jump for joy if he is there in the 1st. An immediate starter who can play any position doesn't come along very often.

Barrett could have a Konz like fall, especially bcuz he's coming off surgery.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

I didn't tag n trade Jennings in this mock. I had TT trade down out of the first to pick up an extra 3rd.

Embarassed

Sorry, I guess I am just so used to it I assumed you did Laughing

Revel8 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: