Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

vikings trade scenario opiniond needed (Harvin/Allen)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xDarealx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: vikings trade scenario opiniond needed (Harvin/Allen) Reply with quote

The philosopshy is to get the team younger and better

Jared allen and Percy harvin to the jags for their first and 3rd picks

Now allen is good but lets be real he will be 31 and will be a big salary cap hit to us. plus the jags need a pass rusher even if it is for the next 2 to 3 yrs and they would have someone elite to lineup beside justin blackmon

now for the vikes trade down 2 or maybe even 3 times tryin to pick 2nd rnd picks but more then likely settling for 3rd rnd picks. Where i personally believe will be were all the depth we need will be

I understand ppl may be mad at the allen trade but whats best for the team, building toward the future or holding an attachment to player.

why not get as much for allen now while we still can. Its time to see if everson griffin is ready to replace allen

with a draft so deep in defensive talent we need to get all the picks we can

Last edited by xDarealx on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're typing from a phone?

I see no reason to trade Jared Allen. Brian Robison will be a free agent at the end of the 2013 season, so they'll need someone to replace him, so I'd rather just move Griffen to the opposite side of where he currently plays. Allen and Griffen. Pass rushers on both sides of the line? Awesome!

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

Don't see the Jags trading the #2 pick for what you call and "aging" defensive end and a player who only has to be there one year.

Allen may be getting older but he put up respectable numbers this season despite playing with a torn shoulder labrum.

Not sure either team makes this trade.

Last edited by rpmwr19 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
xDarealx

rpmwr19 wrote:
No, Allen is worth a first all by himself. I don't care about his age. He had 12 sacks playing the entire season with a torn shoulder labrum.

Understandable but cmon y not trade hime in half the snaps everson had 8 sacks. Y not get something for him now
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot the Jags have the second pick so I changed my response.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:
Understandable but cmon y not trade hime in half the snaps everson had 8 sacks. Y not get something for him now

Because we can give Jared an extension and keep him here until he's 35. He hasn't shown many signs of slowing down.

And, as disaacs said, Robison is a free agent after next season and is the same age as Allen basically.

Allen and Everson DE combo will look good in 2014.
xDarealx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
xDarealx wrote:

Because we can give Jared an extension and keep him here until he's 35. He hasn't shown many signs of slowing down.

And, as disaacs said, Robison is a free agent after next season and is the same age as Allen basically.

So we give hime an extension till he"s 35? Why? why not trade him now and get alot for him? I like allen also, but what would be better for the team? Take the chance he declines like kevin williams or trade him now to get young talent on the team.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What team is going to trade any viable asset for Allen? He's worth more to us than any team will give up.

Trade Allen and have Robison and/or Griffen potentially walk a year after? Doesn't make sense to me.

As far as why... we made the playoffs this year and if we continue to add to this roster there is a reasonable chance we could be back a couple times before Allen is 35.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand you're side of it, I thought the same thing earlier this year and brought up the possibility of trading Allen to a team like Atlanta.

I've since changed my stance.
xDarealx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
What team is going to trade any viable asset for Allen? He's worth more to us than any team will give up.

Trade Allen and have Robison and/or Griffen potentially walk a year after? Doesn't make sense to me.

As far as why... we made the playoffs this year and if we continue to add to this roster there is a reasonable chance we could be back a couple times before Allen is 35.

hmm how about sign griffen to an extension and robinson cheap b/c he wont command as big of salary as allen. I jus dont think its a good idea to sign a 31 yr old de to a long extension. That how teams get stuck ie kevin williams
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
xDarealx wrote:

So we give hime an extension till he"s 35? Why? why not trade him now and get alot for him? I like allen also, but what would be better for the team? Take the chance he declines like kevin williams or trade him now to get young talent on the team.

Jared is not what one would call an "extremely gifted athlete". He runs on a high motor which can extend careers. Most players slow down because they are superb athletes, but their bodies force them to shut down and they do not have the kind of head that Jared has. I do not foresee Jared slowing down much before 35 because he will get smarter and more technically sound over time. He will be able to fall back on his motor, assuming he still has it.

Don't trade Jared now, we're losing Robison soon and I'd rather not create another hole.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
xDarealx wrote:

This is another classic case of people over-valuing draft picks. If you keep trading away proven players, you end up in perpetual rebuilding mode.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDarealx wrote:
That how teams get stuck ie kevin williams

Kevin Williams had his best year in 3 years this year, how exactly is that being "stuck"? He's been and still is a valuable leader.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
xDarealx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
xDarealx wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
xDarealx wrote:

This is another classic case of people over-valuing draft picks. If you keep trading away proven players, you end up in perpetual rebuilding mode.

Are u joking. For a team that doesn't get top tier talent from free agency, then draft picks are important. And what are the jets doing right now with the best cb in football. And secondly who says Allen will sign an extension
xDarealx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
xDarealx wrote:
That how teams get stuck ie kevin williams

Kevin Williams had his best year in 3 years this year, how exactly is that being "stuck"? He's been and still is a valuable leader.

Did u jus become a vikings fan? He had 30 tackles tying for his worst total in his career, with only 2 sacks 1 of his worst yrs in his career

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: