Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we find a way to draft a WR in the first few rounds?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Little's only problem over the last 2/3s of the season was that Weeden didn't throw enough catchable balls in his direction.

Naw, Little's problem is he doesn't win games and loses them instead by not getting open enough.

Who cares if he's a good run blocker? How many games did his run blocking win for us?

How many games did Little win us? none...he's awful, only winning games makes a player good.

We need a WR that can win games, not lose them.

He also needs to have an agent we all like and be a player that I picked to be good too, or he will automatically be bad.

He was open plenty when Weeden missed him by a country mile.

And a lot of the catches he made on badly thrown balls made Weeden's stats look good.

He stinks, Little won zero games for us. He doesn't have the talent to get open.

The whole offense would look better if he just caught more well thrown balls.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Little's only problem over the last 2/3s of the season was that Weeden didn't throw enough catchable balls in his direction.

Naw, Little's problem is he doesn't win games and loses them instead by not getting open enough.

Who cares if he's a good run blocker? How many games did his run blocking win for us?

How many games did Little win us? none...he's awful, only winning games makes a player good.

He also needs to have an agent we all like and be a player that I picked to be good too, or he will automatically be bad.

And a lot of the catches he made on badly thrown balls made Weeden's stats look good.

He stinks, Little won zero games for us. He doesn't have the talent to get open.

I now you are just joking, but it is adding nothing to the conversation and is just going to get people pissed off that don't realize your bad attempt at sarcasm...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I now you are just joking, but it is adding nothing to the conversation and is just going to get people pissed off that don't realize your bad attempt at sarcasm...

Is this what you say to bruce when he uses the exact same logic? No?

Then actually add something instead of adding nothing when you point out what others aren't adding...make sense? Wink

But on topic, I said:

Quote:
I would very much like to get a FA WR to play the outside opposite Gordon and have Little play inside more.

But you didn't respond to that huh? Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more i look at it the more i like the idea of Brian Hartline. From Ohio so Cleveland is not as hard a sell for him as it would be for some.
He is also reaching his prime and just looks like a good, solid player who doesn't drop many and turns up every play.
Also wont cost as much as Jennings, Bowe, Welker and Wallace.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be bad sarcasm on Entropy's part, but a decent impersonation. But I do respect DKP's attempt at civility.

For Bruceb, Weeden's accuracy isn't bad, I'll bet Little had more dropped passes than Weeden had poor throws to Little. A better argument would be that Weeden didn't find an open Little or Weeden failed to get the ball to Little because he was flustered.

For Hornby, I like the idea of Hartline also. I didn't think Robiskie or Hartline had a bright future in the NFL but I did think that Robiskie had a better chance to stick as a possession type guy. I were wrong, Hartline does much better in that role and every other.

For everyone else, 'sup?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Patterson. He reminds me or Roddy White.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:

I do to. A little raw but will most likely be a big play receiver down the road. Fits our new verticle passing game.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Marky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

I do to. A little raw but will most likely be a big play receiver down the road. Fits our new verticle passing game.

I love Patterson, but he's a lot like Gordon. I feel like we need a Welker type of WR.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Is this what you say to bruce when he uses the exact same logic?

yes... yes it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a #1 WR in Flash

We have a speed deep threat in Benji

We have a YAC guy in Little

Momass provides depth

We need a guy that can just catch and have the presence of mind to get a first down. It can be a tight end, which is what I want. We need a Heath Miller.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
We have a #1 WR in Flash

Momass provides depth

We need a guy that can just catch and have the presence of mind to get a first down. It can be a tight end, which is what I want. We need a Heath Miller.

Now this I agree with 100% Both by roster depth -- Going into the offseason the Browns only have Cameron and Gronkowski under contract. -- and scheme wise with Norv Turner's offenses having so much success from the TE position.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
We have a #1 WR in Flash

Momass provides depth

Now this I agree with 100% Both by roster depth -- Going into the offseason the Browns only have Cameron and Gronkowski under contract. -- and scheme wise with Norv Turner's offenses having so much success from the TE position.

I've felt we needed a tight end all year. Cameron is a nice project, but a big run blocking tight end that has decent hands would help us in the red zone.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
We have a #1 WR in Flash

Momass provides depth

I've felt we needed a tight end all year. Cameron is a nice project, but a big run blocking tight end that has decent hands would help us in the red zone.

Michael Williams man

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Ether

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
We have a #1 WR in Flash

Momass provides depth

Yup. If there is one area on offense which I think will be addressed in the draft I would put my money on TE.
mas_atc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
We have a #1 WR in Flash

Momass provides depth

Michael Williams man

From what I have read he has been drop city all week in Mobile. If he is nervous on that stage, it worries me what he might be like on Sundays. Zach Sudfeld out of Nevada is a pretty good blocker/pass catcher. That could be had in the later rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: