Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we find a way to draft a WR in the first few rounds?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duke2056

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
If the browns could find an extra draft pick I'd rather get a WR in the draft than FA.

Everyone being all hot and bothered by Jennings seems a bit silly to me.

Probably cause we would like a proven Vet to come in and play at a high level right away, rather than draft a guy who might be good in 3 years.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
If the browns could find an extra draft pick I'd rather get a WR in the draft than FA.

Probably cause we would like a proven Vet to come in and play at a high level right away, rather than draft a guy who might be good in 3 years.

I agreed with that 100% over the last couple years, and faulted Heckert for not making that move, however now our WRs are no longer Rookies and are producing. What the Browns need most in my opinion is to continue development on the field and to build depth at WR... AND development at the QB position.

Like I said, IF an extra pick could be found then I'd rather draft a WR...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

I agreed with that 100% over the last couple years, and faulted Heckert for not making that move, however now our WRs are no longer Rookies and are producing. What the Browns need most in my opinion is to continue development on the field and to build depth at WR... AND development at the QB position.

I still very much think we need a good Vet WR. Really, other than Gordon, I don't feel all to hot about the other guys.

I also want a Vet now more than the last couple years because I think we can actually compete now.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

I still very much think we need a good Vet WR. Really, other than Gordon, I don't feel all to hot about the other guys.

I also want a Vet now more than the last couple years because I think we can actually compete now.

I don't think any of them are HOFers... But I think they all will be more productive as they develop over the next couple years and get better QB play... I don't think we can get a FA WR better than what we have starting.... Except maybe slot.

Compete now? For what?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

I don't think any of them are HOFers... But I think they all will be more productive as they develop over the next couple years and get better QB play... I don't think we can get a FA WR better than what we have starting.... Except maybe slot.

Compete now? For what?

We can compete in pretty much every game we play.

Are you saying we can't find a better FA WR than Little??

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Compete now? For what?

I think the team is starting to compete in most of its games... That's about it.

I think Little is fine at WR. He led the browns in receiving in 2011. he is young, developing, and has really good potential. Under contract, low salary. No issues of attitude or off field crap to worry about with the browns. No injuries to worry about. Averaging over 10 yards per reception with what 50-60 receptions per year? And thats with Browns QBs throwing to him.... NO fumbles... Only 1 less td catch this year than Gordon... Im not sure what there is to dislike about him?

What better WR FA do you expect the browns to buy?

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Compete now? For what?

Not sure we can, considering cost, longevity and continued improvement by Little.

Little's only problem over the last 2/3s of the season was that Weeden didn't throw enough catchable balls in his direction.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Tate
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Golden Tate

Not a free agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/sea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Golden Tate

Not a free agent

Dang it. I don't know where I saw it, bit I thought he was. Too bad.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Golden Tate

Not a free agent

Dang it. I don't know where I saw it, bit I thought he was. Too bad.

Nfltraderrumors.com... Not sure who else as him listed as. FA. I always check with rotoworld these days...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

Little's only problem over the last 2/3s of the season was that Weeden didn't throw enough catchable balls in his direction.

Naw, Little's problem is he doesn't win games and loses them instead by not getting open enough.

Who cares if he's a good run blocker? How many games did his run blocking win for us?

How many games did Little win us? none...he's awful, only winning games makes a player good.

We need a WR that can win games, not lose them.

He also needs to have an agent we all like and be a player that I picked to be good too, or he will automatically be bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Compete now? For what?

I would very much like to get a FA WR to play the outside opposite Gordon and have Little play inside more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I feel like we just need a #4, with Gordon as a #1, Little working inside and Benjamin on the outside (Who will be our 2nd best WR, mark it down) i don't feel like we need to spend big money or draft pick on one. However, if someone like Cordarrelle Patterson falls to us and it's a guy with good value at that pick, I wouldn't be mad.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Naw, Little's problem is he doesn't win games and loses them instead by not getting open enough.

Who cares if he's a good run blocker? How many games did his run blocking win for us?

How many games did Little win us? none...he's awful, only winning games makes a player good.

We need a WR that can win games, not lose them.

He also needs to have an agent we all like and be a player that I picked to be good too, or he will automatically be bad.

He was open plenty when Weeden missed him by a country mile.

And a lot of the catches he made on badly thrown balls made Weeden's stats look good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: