Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite Play Of The Year Nominations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Sanu to Green TD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I like the Sanu to Green TD

Damn it puppet, I said pick the AJ Green/Chiefs one...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the AJ TD vs the Chiefs, but one of my favorite was the sack/fumble Dunlap had against the Skins on the option play. It was a huge play in the game and a hell of an individual play

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
I would think AJ could set the record for TDs if he had a good QB throwing to him.

Wot, you mean someone like, errrrr, Carson Palmer maybe ?

I know its not good enough for you 'C4MVP', but Dalton/Green have had the second most successful opening two seasons in NFL history after Marino/Clayton, and Dalton is on TD record-breaking pace with the very best of them after 2 .........

Many of us; (including the Bengal coaches); think Green has got 'a good QB throwing to him'.....

OBTW, I picked the Chiefs game TD too.......
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav play was Geno abusing Willie Colon like a rag doll and sacking 'Ben' before he could even react in the first squeealers game. The force used to put a three hundred pounder straight on his keester in less than two seconds still baffles me.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
My fav play was Geno abusing Willie Colon like a rag doll and sacking 'Ben' before he could even react in the first squeealers game. The force used to put a three hundred pounder straight on his keester in less than two seconds still baffles me.

Yeah, Geno put a highlight reel up all by himself. Gots to get this guy extended badly.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Geno plays are in the discussio9n, how about the second play against the Raiders where he hit Carson Palmer to hard and fast that carson look ed like Geno fumbled him?
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
I would think AJ could set the record for TDs if he had a good QB throwing to him.

Wot, you mean someone like, errrrr, Carson Palmer maybe ?
I know its not good enough for you 'C4MVP', but Dalton/Green have had the second most successful opening two seasons in NFL history after Marino/Clayton, and Dalton is on TD record-breaking pace with the very best of them after 2 .........

Many of us; (including the Bengal coaches); think Green has got 'a good QB throwing to him'.....

OBTW, I picked the Chiefs game TD too.......

I never said I would take Carson over him. I celebrated the Carson trade when it happened and do not want him back. But since you ask, these are the QB's I would take over Dalton(in no particular order)...

Romo, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Big Ben, Peyton, Eli, Brady, Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler, Cam, Freeman.

Guys I think are on the same level as Dalton and do just as good or slightly better with this team(again in no particular order)...

Cassel, Bradford, A. Smith, Vick, Fitzpatrick and Tannehill.

So I would take any of the QB's above over Dalton, or about the same as Dalton. He is a decent QB at best. He can win games if everything goes right, but he cannot win games with his arm or legs. He cannot beat the tough teams unless our defense and ST's does all of the heavy lifting.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
I never said I would take Carson over him.
I know man, relax, I was only pulling your chain.....

Carson4MVP wrote:
these are the QB's I would take over Dalton(in no particular order)...Romo, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Big Ben, Peyton, Eli, Brady, Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler, Cam, Freeman.
thats fine, but most of these guys have been around for 5+ years, and a good number of them have sometimes struggled bad. I've said this before, Daltons numbers after 32 games compare very favourably with some of the 'elite' names you list, you can ignore the numbers if you want, but they are there if you want to look. No one knows how Dalton is going to develop over the coming seasons, but he certainly has dragged the Bengals from 4-12 losers to b2b play-off qualifiers and a 19-13 record.

Carson4MVP wrote:
Guys I think are on the same level as Dalton and do just as good or slightly better with this team(again in no particular order)...
Cassel, Bradford, A. Smith, Vick, Fitzpatrick and Tannehill. So I would take any of the QB's above over Dalton, or about the same as Dalton. He is a decent QB at best. He can win games if everything goes right, but he cannot win games with his arm or legs. He cannot beat the tough teams unless our defense and ST's does all of the heavy lifting.
You seriously would take Matt Cassell over Dalton ? Boy, what has Andy done to upset you ?

Carson4MVP wrote:
He can win games if everything goes right

What nonsense. That statement applies to all QB's. He's won in all kinds of adversity, including when the defence stank early on, and has a better road record.

Carson4MVP wrote:
....... cannot win games with his arm or legs.
.....that is just pure bollocks. Isn't throwing for TD's 'winning games with your arm' ? He's no rusher like Randall Cunningham I agree, but he's also no statue like Bernie Kosar. Andy is a pretty decent scrambler, and has stuck his nose in there with some running TD's. He's 19-13, so he must have found some ways to win.

Carson4MVP wrote:
He cannot beat the tough teams unless our defense and ST's does all of the heavy lifting.
.......more bollocks. Is there a QB around that doesn't benefit from good 'D' and 'ST's' ?

We've talked; (and disagreed); about Dalton loads here, but his pass to AJ in the Chiefs game gets my vote for 'play of the year'. Another one of those 27 TD's that Dalton didn't throw with his arms or legs, in a game he didn't win......
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:

+1

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
futbudds wrote:

+1

*Amusing GIF*

Changing my vote! I forgot about this one. Definitely better than the Sanu pass.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
futbudds wrote:

+1

Yeah, that was pretty fantastic wasn't it........
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
futbudds wrote:

+1

*Amusing GIF*

Changing my vote! I forgot about this one. Definitely better than the Sanu pass.

Collinsworth's color commentary during the replay was a hushed 'Oh Lord'
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, in the context of the game situation itself, the Dalton to Green connection on the final play of the last Steelers game was pretty great (set up the winning field goal).

Deserves honorable mention at least.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Also, in the context of the game situation itself, the Dalton to Green connection on the final play of the last Steelers game was pretty great (set up the winning field goal).

Deserves honorable mention at least.

Agree with that 'J'. That out ball to AJ in PIT sent a shiver down my spine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: