Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packerfanman4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Well if we were to do it, what would it cost?

A first and a second? Then cutting Tramon and Woodson probably to free up money. I guess I actually wouldn't mind doing, mostly cause it is not going to happen. Laughing Laughing But think of the trickle down effect, Capers is free to move his safeties around more cause of Revis shuting down one guy. Crabtree gave us a lot of problems in the playoff game, imagine taking him out the game. That's it one less guy to worry about by getting one play. That buys time for Clay to get more sacks and more defenders in the box to stop the run. Heck with Shields and Heyward you might only need one safety.
Crabtree isn't THAT good. We shouldn't need a Revis calibur corner to shut him down. There's only a handful of receivers that are on that highest tier.

Crabtree is that good. He proved it over the course of the season and he's proved it in the postseason. This was a big year for Crabtree and he's solidified himself at the number one target in San Francisco. A very good offense at that as well.
What does he do so well that puts him in that tier of receivers?

85 Rec 1105 Yds 9 touchdowns.

Played consistently and produced with two seperate quarterbacks.

Competed against Manningham, Moss, and VD for targets on a run first team.

Had the 49ers passed more, Crabtree would have had an even bigger season. Make no mistake about it, Crabtree is a top flight receiver in the league.
ok so we're playing the stats game...
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Demaryius Thomas
Vincent Jackson
Dez Bryant
Reggie Wayne
Wes Welker
Roddy White
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Steve Smith
Marques Colston
Brian Hartline
Eric Decker
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Percy Harvin
Stevie Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Jeremy Maclin

Hakeem Nicks

That's without...
Pierre Garcon
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon
Mike Wallace
DeSean Jackson
Santonio Holmes
James Jones
Miles Austin
Antonio Brown
Sidney Rice
Santana Moss
Nate Washington
Brandon Lloyd
Torrey Smith
Anquan Boldin
Mike Williams

A lot of receivers can be productive, I refuse to believe a 1,000 yds and 10 td's stat line is what makes a receiver great.

There are at minimum 20 WR's that are more difficult to defend for a variety of reasons then Crabtree. If you feel you need Revis to contain a top 30? wide receiver there really is no hope for defenses.

Crabtree, IMO, is better (some can be argued) than the guys I bolded. You're really underrating him. I don't think you necessarily need a Revis-like CB to cover him, but he's borderline top 10 in the NFL. He's got the ability to get open, has natural hands, and racks up yards after the catch. He really impressed this year, especially with Kaep (who finally looked to get him the ball).

Thrillhouse wrote:
Scarlett's my top babe. She's like, Aaron Rodgers' tier. If mortals were worthy of Aaron's affections, that is.
smetana34

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfanman4 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

A first and a second? Then cutting Tramon and Woodson probably to free up money. I guess I actually wouldn't mind doing, mostly cause it is not going to happen. Laughing Laughing But think of the trickle down effect, Capers is free to move his safeties around more cause of Revis shuting down one guy. Crabtree gave us a lot of problems in the playoff game, imagine taking him out the game. That's it one less guy to worry about by getting one play. That buys time for Clay to get more sacks and more defenders in the box to stop the run. Heck with Shields and Heyward you might only need one safety.
Crabtree isn't THAT good. We shouldn't need a Revis calibur corner to shut him down. There's only a handful of receivers that are on that highest tier.

Crabtree is that good. He proved it over the course of the season and he's proved it in the postseason. This was a big year for Crabtree and he's solidified himself at the number one target in San Francisco. A very good offense at that as well.

Had the 49ers passed more, Crabtree would have had an even bigger season. Make no mistake about it, Crabtree is a top flight receiver in the league.
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Demaryius Thomas
Vincent Jackson
Dez Bryant
Reggie Wayne
Wes Welker
Roddy White
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Steve Smith
Marques Colston
Brian Hartline
Eric Decker
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Percy Harvin
Stevie Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Jeremy Maclin

Hakeem Nicks

That's without...
Pierre Garcon
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon
Mike Wallace
DeSean Jackson
Santonio Holmes
James Jones
Miles Austin
Antonio Brown
Sidney Rice
Santana Moss
Nate Washington
Brandon Lloyd
Torrey Smith
Anquan Boldin
Mike Williams

A lot of receivers can be productive, I refuse to believe a 1,000 yds and 10 td's stat line is what makes a receiver great.

There are at minimum 20 WR's that are more difficult to defend for a variety of reasons then Crabtree. If you feel you need Revis to contain a top 30? wide receiver there really is no hope for defenses.

Crabtree, IMO, is better (some can be argued) than the guys I bolded. You're really underrating him. I don't think you necessarily need a Revis-like CB to cover him, but he's borderline top 10 in the NFL. He's got the ability to get open, has natural hands, and racks up yards after the catch. He really impressed this year, especially with Kaep (who finally looked to get him the ball).

Finally one good season does not make him borderline top 10. People we're quick to crown Rice and Austin as Top 10 WR's and looked foolish.

Let's wait until he shows some consistency, especially when you think he's better than, Vjax/Wayne/Welker/Cruz/Harvin
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfanman4 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Demaryius Thomas
Vincent Jackson
Dez Bryant
Reggie Wayne
Wes Welker
Roddy White
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Steve Smith
Marques Colston
Brian Hartline
Eric Decker
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Percy Harvin
Stevie Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Jeremy Maclin

Hakeem Nicks

That's without...
Pierre Garcon
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon
Mike Wallace
DeSean Jackson
Santonio Holmes
James Jones
Miles Austin
Antonio Brown
Sidney Rice
Santana Moss
Nate Washington
Brandon Lloyd
Torrey Smith
Anquan Boldin
Mike Williams

You forget Cobb? Laughing
green 01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone's cousin's friend's aunt seen him in church yet? If not this holds no weight and is all a rumor. We need definitive proof like a picture of him grocery shopping or something solid like that.

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

You forget Cobb? Laughing
Didn't forget about him, he's actually the reason I started the second part of the list, I just missed adding him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfanman4 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Demaryius Thomas
Vincent Jackson
Dez Bryant
Reggie Wayne
Wes Welker
Roddy White
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Steve Smith
Marques Colston
Brian Hartline
Eric Decker
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Percy Harvin
Stevie Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Jeremy Maclin

Hakeem Nicks

That's without...
Pierre Garcon
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon
Mike Wallace
DeSean Jackson
Santonio Holmes
James Jones
Miles Austin
Antonio Brown
Sidney Rice
Santana Moss
Nate Washington
Brandon Lloyd
Torrey Smith
Anquan Boldin
Mike Williams

Well now your overrating him, he is not arguably better than Steve Smith, Victory Cruz, Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne or Vincent Jackson
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone actually thinks this is possible, they have little to no understanding of the state of our current organization.

Every year we go through this. I wish people would learn.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Demaryius Thomas
Vincent Jackson
Dez Bryant
Reggie Wayne
Wes Welker
Roddy White
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Steve Smith
Marques Colston
Brian Hartline
Eric Decker
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Percy Harvin
Stevie Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks

That's without...
Pierre Garcon
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon
Mike Wallace
DeSean Jackson
Santonio Holmes
James Jones
Miles Austin
Antonio Brown
Sidney Rice
Santana Moss
Nate Washington
Brandon Lloyd
Torrey Smith
Anquan Boldin
Mike Williams

If you read what I wrote, statistics were only one of the four reasons I thought Crabtree was a top flight receiver. I don't get in to comparisons and top 10 or top 20. I didn't even mention Crabtree like that.

All that being said, Crabtree is a legitimate number one receiver on a high powered offense. As I said before, because SF is prodominanty a run first team Crabtree truly made the most out of every opportunity he got.

If you honestly think that every single person that you listed is better than Michael Crabtree, then I'd seriously have to question your analysis.

Call it what you want... Top 10...Top 20. I haven't thought about it enough to see where Crabtree would fit amongst the NFL's finest. One thing I do know is that if you aren't weary about #15 when you're playing SF, he can kill you. He's proved it.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
If anyone actually thinks this is possible, they have little to no understanding of the state of our current organization.

Is it likely to happen? No. Is it possible? Say we give up our 1 and 2 this year. From a purely financial standpoint yes.
Tramon Williams, a first and second round pick would be more expensive for the next two years than Revis on his last year and tagging him in 2014.

Revis + 2015 3rd (likely comp for him leaving) vs. Tramon + 2013 1st + 2013 2nd

The cost being almost identical, the former does seem like at the very least possible.
I myself wouldn't do it but it is POSSIBLE.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Is it likely to happen? No. Is it possible? Say we give up our 1 and 2 this year. From a purely financial standpoint yes.
Tramon Williams, a first and second round pick would be more expensive for the next two years than Revis on his last year and tagging him in 2014.

Revis + 2015 3rd (likely comp for him leaving) vs. Tramon + 2013 1st + 2013 2nd

The cost being almost identical, the former does seem like at the very least possible.
I myself wouldn't do it but it is POSSIBLE.

Except that is a horrible value for draft picks. For a 1st and a 2nd you get 2 years of Revis and a 3rd in return as a comp pick? The fact of it is though, the trade never happens unless there is a new deal in place with the trade, and Revis wants "playmaker" money. That probably means he thinks he's worth something in the 12-15 mil range like Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson. I'm not ok with throwing away a 1st and a 2nd on a rental, or dealing with a contentious contract situation just to try and force 2 years out of a guy using the franchise tag.

There is no level any sort of scenario to acquire Revis makes any sense at all to me. It's just a bad idea no matter how you slice it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
There is no level any sort of scenario to acquire Revis makes any sense at all to me. It's just a bad idea no matter how you slice it.

I 100% agree, butů it is POSSIBLE.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
spilltray wrote:

If Ted Thompson is replaced by alien body snatchers? Maybe, but even then it's a stretch.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't going to do this because it simply does not make sense. Cornerback is not a weakness on the team. That's it.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
spilltray wrote:

If Ted Thompson is replaced by alien body snatchers? Maybe, but even then it's a stretch.

It's also possible that Favre returns for one last go-round with Rodgers being benched.

It is POSSIBLE.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

X2......I don't believe it's an inability but a lack of desire to learn.....I guess it's always nice to dream....

As already stated, who knows how healthy or effective Revis will be?...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: