Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

Pulling this from the FA thread:

Quote:
One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay, though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21612943/gold-rush-forming-for-possible-revis-trade

Sooo...
RCobb18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely support a trade. And maybe since his he is coming back from injury his trade value wouldn't be to high (2nd rounder + extra). He is a free agent after next season though so that has to be kept in mind.
phillipraz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate getting my hopes up over FA stuff
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screens, screens of smoke...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

Quote:
One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay, though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21612943/gold-rush-forming-for-possible-revis-trade

Sooo...

I would give up our 1st and 2nd for Revis in a heartbeat. Others may not agree but I think that would put us over the top. I'm not sure how it would work with out cap space, though. We would obviously not be able to resign Jennings, maybe Finley, and would probably have to cut Woodson.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

Quote:

Sooo...

Beat me to it!

Quote:
The New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are said to be among the teams "highly interested" in Revis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130789/article/darrelle-revis-freeagency-trade-talk-heating-up

I would love to have Revis, assuming the trade price and contract price work out. One report had it being at least a 1st and 2nd round pick. If it is the same year I like the idea a little less, but if it is say a 2nd this year and a first next year it is not as bad. Plus we have some players that we could maybe include (Jennings in a tag and trade, Finley, Williams).

Revis would give us that shutdown corner that can man up against the opposites top receiving threat. He has proven that he can play on an island and that he does not need safety help. Revis-Shields-Hayward-House make for a nice set of corners next year and should allow us to blitz more often and more people.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about 1st rd pick and tramon williams .

i, in no way, believe 'league sources'

reason being, we have williams, shields, and heyward.... shields is the best of the 3, at this point... and heyward would probably win the starting job over williams... so where would we fit revis? i can't see it.
Bucks
Badgers
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract details via rotoworld:

Quote:
9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent
rbens06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Quote:

Sooo...

I would give up our 1st and 2nd for Revis in a heartbeat. Others may not agree but I think that would put us over the top. I'm not sure how it would work with out cap space, though. We would obviously not be able to resign Jennings, maybe Finley, and would probably have to cut Woodson.

A 1st and 2nd in the same year would make me stop and think. Essentially we would be adding only depth and developmental players from the draft. Typically the guys that contribute in their 1st year are your 1st and 2nd round picks. I in the past our later picks have contributed, but it is no given.

My guess would be if this got really heated, either Williams would be involved in it or he would be cut/traded somewhere else in addition to the things you mentioned.
rbens06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Contract details via rotoworld:

Quote:
9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

Revis either has/will void the last three years because there also includes a clause that the Jets cannot franchise him after the 2013 season, so if no extension is worked out before/during the year he can test the market and get a huge payday.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand the cap/contract thing with Revis, but he's one of the few CBs who don't need a pass rush to help him shutdown a receiver.

Revis
Shields
Hayward as NB
Matthews/Perry rushing the passer

Good luck QBs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:See's Ed Reed is a FA:
+Revis-Trawoman Williams+Ed Reed-Dr.Notackle Jennings= SUPERZGOATPROFIT?????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
:See's Ed Reed is a FA:
+Revis-Trawoman Williams+Ed Reed-Dr.Notackle Jennings= SUPERZGOATPROFIT?????

CB1: Revis
CB2: Shields
NB: Hayward
FS: Reed
SS: Burnett

Madden is fun! But yeah, that'd be awesome.

Even getting a FS in the draft would be awwwwwwsome then. Revis also means you don't need a S to that side since he shuts the guy down entirely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that he can void the remainder of his deal as well, so its not so much the draft picks, although thats nothing to sneeze at, its the QB money Revis is going to demand that will prove crazy. I believe the Jets had initial talks with Revis before the injury and his demands were off the charts.

Last edited by SDN40 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's coming off a major injury that is always a wild card, and on top of that is going to cost a hefty price in both trade and contract to keep around past 2013. Personally I think he's a bit overrated and while good, isn't as good as people make him out to be.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: