Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade Percy for Revis, just change the defense.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Zephiel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll explore the option. It's not often a player like this goes on the trade block.

However, I'm unsure if we'd offer what the Jets probably would want. Spielman loves the draft. I'd anticipate he wouldn't want to give something like two firsts away.
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks on him, he is overrated
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think he is overrated and that he will not fit into our current defense, lets just discuss and explore the possibility of it.

Their GM clearly does not want him there which should greatly reduces the asking price for him. Therefore, a potential swap of Harvin for Revis is possible. They are both explosive at their position, but my guess is we'd have to add a 4th rounder in there or something. Personally, I do not think the Jets are in position to ask too much more than that.

What do you guys think though. I'm sure Spielman will explore the possibility.. No reason not to, a player of Revis' caliber does not become available very often.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleNation22 wrote:
While I think he is overrated and that he will not fit into our current defense, lets just discuss and explore the possibility of it.

Their GM clearly does not want him there which should greatly reduces the asking price for him. Therefore, a potential swap of Harvin for Revis is possible. They are both explosive at their position, but my guess is we'd have to add a 4th rounder in there or something. Personally, I do not think the Jets are in position to ask too much more than that.

What do you guys think though. I'm sure Spielman will explore the possibility.. No reason not to, a player of Revis' caliber does not become available very often.

I can think of 3 reasons Spielman might pursue this trade, and their names are Cutler, Rodgers and Stafford.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
names are Cutler, Rodgers and Stafford.

And their tag team partners, Johnson, Marshall, and whoever the Packers draft in the 2nd/3rd round every year.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
names are Cutler, Rodgers and Stafford.

And their tag team partners, Johnson, Marshall, and whoever the Packers draft in the 2nd/3rd round every year.

The Packers will have to replace both Jennings and Driver (well, Driver has essentially been a backseat passenger for the last few seasons, but still. Wink ) We'll probably see Markus Wheaton in green and gold. The description of him sounds like he'd be a good fit in the Packers' offense.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
PurpleNation22 wrote:

I can think of 3 reasons Spielman might pursue this trade, and their names are Cutler, Rodgers and Stafford.

No doubt! But how does this translate into our defense? I do not understand that side of the ball near as well considering I never played it, especially secondary things. Could it work? Does he tackle well enough for our defense?
Wheres my experts at? Laughing
vikings209

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleNation22 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
PurpleNation22 wrote:

No doubt! But how does this translate into our defense? I do not understand that side of the ball near as well considering I never played it, especially secondary things. Could it work? Does he tackle well enough for our defense?
Wheres my experts at? :lol:

He's more of a man 2 man type of corner. I don't think his skill set would be that great for the Tampa 2 that we run.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikings209 wrote:
PurpleNation22 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
PurpleNation22 wrote:

Wheres my experts at? Laughing

He's more of a man 2 man type of corner. I don't think his skill set would be that great for the Tampa 2 that we run.

I understand that, but is there a way we could utilize him in our Defense? I was thinking maybe we could grab him and just run a lot more man with the 2 deep safeties over top. Can the rest of our players not be a liability in man coverage though?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cover 2 CBs really arent all that valuable, the Vikes would be better served trading Harvin for picks to improve the front 7.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Cover 2 CBs really arent all that valuable, the Vikes would be better served trading Harvin for picks to improve the front 7.

Picks? more than 1 pick that is high enough to be a starter for Harvin? Seems unlikely.

The best CB in the league, is not as valuable as a rookie LBer?
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, what was Revis' injury last year and how's his recovery going?

No doubt he's a great player, but I don't think he's superior to every other guy on the field. That said, does talent make a team better? Of course it can.

What was Revis, a rookie/2nd year guy, when he was facing Randy Moss in that record setting year? He does play pretty well, and I could care less if you put him in man to man or Cover 2 or any other scheme. It's his job to learn the position and the opponent, no matter the overall scheme. Most importantly, each player has to play within his limits according to the scheme.

It's the coaches job to explain when, where and control.

Would he fit in the secondary with the current crop of guys? Probably, but I suspect the Vikes would explore trading Chris Cook, Jefferson or Robert Blanton in addition to a draft pick (4th or 5th Rd) instead of one of the other studs on the team.

If I were Rex Ryan . . . I'd demand Everson Griffen and Jefferson for Revis, plus a 5th Rd pick. And if I were Frazier, I'd offer no more than Chris Cook and a 4th.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if we have to switch schemes and go into cap hell.

sorry, its not worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8881968/new-york-jets-gm-john-idzik-reaches-star-cornerback-darrelle-revis

He's believed to be seeking at least $16 million per year, with $60 million in guarantees

So do you all still want him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: