Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer offseason with Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bfavre4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Packer offseason with Draft Reply with quote

F.Agent signing..I know a rareity in Green Bay..
S.Smith-CB that will convert to FS..allowing Burnett to play SS.

Draft Needs- LT,LG,C,RG,#2QB,RB,ILB,CB,DE/NT

RD1- Traded #26 to Cincinnati for #37 +#53
RD2-#37 L.Warford-LG
RD2-#53 D.J Fluker-RG
RD2-#56 J.Williams-NT (Move Raji to DE)
RD3-#88 T.Fredrick-C
RD4-#120 A.J.Klein-ILB
RD5-M.Wilson-WR-Washington St. (Great size, speed and hands)
RD6-M.Lattimore-RB (Let him sit and heal, A beast when healthy)
RD7-R.Armstrong-SS (I'll catch alot of flack on him, but with coaching could be a stud once again. Not a starter, but in the 7th round, you get depth and special teams help)

2014 Draft and Free Agency needs (barring no injuries)

CB #2QB, LT
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Packer offseason with Draft Reply with quote

Bfavre4ever wrote:
F.Agent signing..I know a rareity in Green Bay..
S.Smith-CB that will convert to FS..allowing Burnett to play SS.

Draft Needs- LT,LG,C,RG,#2QB,RB,ILB,CB,DE/NT

RD1- Traded #26 to Cincinnati for #37 +#53
RD2-#37 L.Warford-LG
RD2-#53 D.J Fluker-RG
RD2-#56 J.Williams-NT (Move Raji to DE)
RD3-#88 T.Fredrick-C
RD4-#120 A.J.Klein-ILB
RD5-M.Wilson-WR-Washington St. (Great size, speed and hands)
RD6-M.Lattimore-RB (Let him sit and heal, A beast when healthy)
RD7-R.Armstrong-SS (I'll catch alot of flack on him, but with coaching could be a stud once again. Not a starter, but in the 7th round, you get depth and special teams help)

2014 Draft and Free Agency needs (barring no injuries)

CB #2QB, LT

Interesting idea with Smith. Remember when he was drafted that some thought a move to FS would be best.

Why do we need OG's? We have Sitton and Lang both on extensions? Not to mention both Warford and Fluker are power man blockers, not ZBS guys. Awful fits.

Frederick cannot play C, particularly in a ZBS. Man scheme OG only.

I've seen a lot of Jesse Williams going in round one.

Wilson quit at WASU, now I don't know exactly what happened, but it sounds like Leach didn't do anything wrong this time and I don't want that headcase in the locker room.

Lattimore is a better fit in a power scheme, I didn't like him much to GB before the injury and definetely don't now.

Lukewarm on Klein. I like him as a player, just think he's more of a 4-3 guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whole idea was to get away from the ZBS. If we went to the power blocking scheme like most teams are, we may have a chance to actually establish a running game. We have no "beef" up front. With the size and speed of the defenses these days, our under-sized but agile line cannot open holes like they should be. Time to switch blocking schemes in my eyes. Get some beefy road graders and just like Seattle, be able to run the ball throughout the game. That will make our offense much more dynamic.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bfavre4ever wrote:
the whole idea was to get away from the ZBS. If we went to the power blocking scheme like most teams are, we may have a chance to actually establish a running game. We have no "beef" up front. With the size and speed of the defenses these days, our under-sized but agile line cannot open holes like they should be. Time to switch blocking schemes in my eyes. Get some beefy road graders and just like Seattle, be able to run the ball throughout the game. That will make our offense much more dynamic.

WAS and HOU both run ZBS and have no issues running. IIRC so do MIN and SEA. ZBS isn't the problem. Our team is designed to throw and protect Rodgers. We were decimated by injuries. Adding a C, sure. You're either wasting 2 picks or dumping two upper echelon Gs who just got extensions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warford is a top 20 or 15 pick
Fluker is a round 1 pick or very early round 2
Willaims is a top 15 round 1 pick
50/50 if Fredrick is there at 88
30% chance Klein is there at 120

My comments above are based ont he many mock drafts I have looked at.
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am taller than Raji and I am an honest 6'1". Raji is not a DE.

ZBS will reamin our base, we will not play a straight power scheme or one dominated by it. LT is not a major need. Sure if a player of near any position is sitting there in the 1st for us who is clearly the best player on the board we'll take him. But LT is not in our top 3 of need.

DL, C, RB are clearly more of a need. I believe WR and S are more of a need. We can always use CB's. If Finley goes TE is more of a need than a left tackle.

Unrealistic drops in your mock, but there are in all. I like the players overall, not the concept.
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our o-line is not that much in need of talent. we're just depleted by injuries this year. wouldn't go o-line with the top 2 picks. however you can never have enough KY Wildcats on the team!

i have no idea who the Smith guy is. previous team and first name?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
our o-line is not that much in need of talent. we're just depleted by injuries this year. wouldn't go o-line with the top 2 picks. however you can never have enough KY Wildcats on the team!

i have no idea who the Smith guy is. previous team and first name?

I think TT will go after an OL if a guy falls to them in round 1, but I would look more at the 3rd and 4th rounds to get their center and/or backup tackle or guard. I am sure Sherrod is a real wild card going into the offseason and next season and I don't see TT rolling the dice without a backup plan via either the draft or free agency. The Packers OL has to get better either with guys getting healthy or new players. How they got as far as they did this year with the OL they had and without getting Rodgers hurt is a miracle.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Frederick pick and I hate the Armstrong pick, I know Armstrong's a 7th but he's got waaaaay too much baggage. I got this ugly feeling we'll pick Te'o...

Anyway, if we drafted Fluker(which I wouldn't object to), that would mean we'd kick Bulaga to LT. I don't see that happening.

Personally, I'd pick Jesse Williams in the 1st because that's where he'll go, the rest of this draft really isn't that bad. I'm a bit off on Marqueese Wilson given what happened with Mike Leach this year.

Other than that, I like the idea here, just wouldn't necessarily go with those particular players or at least not in that order...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: