Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defensive Coordinator-- What's Going On?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:
Any chance that Mike Singletary could be a good coordinator? Firey guy?

I highly doubt it. Good rah rah guy, pretty poor at actually coaching though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
persiandud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People saying Kevin Greene...I don't see it. And if it happened, then I'd be a little concerned. He doesn't strike me as a DC.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:

What I've heard from Vikings fans who are friends of mine and pretty tuned in to that organization (he's an LB coach for them) is that he's darn near incompetent as a coach. He'll yell and scream, but he just doesn't prepare like a pro coach.

For a defensive coordinator I personally prefer a cerebral guy. Get the position coaches to scream and yell, I want the DC to be someone who thinks.
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
packerfan50 wrote:

What I've heard from Vikings fans who are friends of mine and pretty tuned in to that organization (he's an LB coach for them) is that he's darn near incompetent as a coach. He'll yell and scream, but he just doesn't prepare like a pro coach.

For a defensive coordinator I personally prefer a cerebral guy. Get the position coaches to scream and yell, I want the DC to be someone who thinks.

I'll echo this. If he is cerebral and firey great, but the priority is clearly on the former for the coordinator position.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
packerfan50 wrote:

I'll echo this. If he is cerebral and firey great, but the priority is clearly on the former for the coordinator position.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be on board with Mangini. His versatility with scheme always impressed me. I feel like his HC gigs left him a little shell shocked though. Not sure he commands as much respect in the locker room as a guy like Dom does.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we let the old guy with lego-man hair leave I don't want us to promote within, I want some new blood from the outside. I would like us to give Jim Tomsula a chance if we go that route, seems like a high energy guy who the players love and he gets 100% from them.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Pack177AN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom Capers imo should not get fired bc he's not playing on the field. Packers were ranked middle of the NFL in total defese this year with zero continuity. Dom Capers can coach up some players, which you can see with the backups being able to transition to starting roles. Thats coaching!!
Plus you have to listen to what the players think of Dom, and from what I hear they believe in Dom.

Nah I give DC one more year with a healthy D, and believe he can get the job done.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack177AN wrote:
Dom Capers imo should not get fired bc he's not playing on the field. Packers were ranked middle of the NFL in total defese this year with zero continuity. Dom Capers can coach up some players, which you can see with the backups being able to transition to starting roles. Thats coaching!!
Plus you have to listen to what the players think of Dom, and from what I hear they believe in Dom.

Nah I give DC one more year with a healthy D, and believe he can get the job done.

Can you just give him a 1 year extension though? Or would it likely be a 2-3 year extension for the whole staff?

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread, but does anyone else feel like we've gotten away from the fire blitz scheme that we thought Dom was bringing in?

F-word YES!

This is what I'm talking about when I say Dom has gotten vanilla. Regardless of ranking, Dom has dialed up a good game plan only when he seems to think he has to. You look at how he GAVE UP against the Giants in 2011 and how he couldn't adjust to Kaepernick this last time around.

He's been here 4 years and his creativity has significantly tailed off. Cut the cord, hire Mangini or someone else that isn't afraid to give up and constantly get the best out of what he has while seeking to improve. Dom doesn't seem to grasp this, at least not anymore.
Pack177AN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Pack177AN wrote:

Can you just give him a 1 year extension though? Or would it likely be a 2-3 year extension for the whole staff?

Not sure how that works with coaches but you can sign players to 1 year deals. imo id like to see Dom offered a two year vs a one because a two year deal sends the message that the organization's behind him.

Mangini is an average motivator. IMO Mangini is not an upgrade from Dom Capers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: