Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kendall Reyes DE Chargers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Wilkerson is "the one that got away". He would have been PERFECT for us. I was REALLY high on him and he is playing lights out and exceeding even my expectations. Just another in a long line of reasons to hate the Jets.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
I still think Wilkerson is "the one that got away". He would have been PERFECT for us. I was REALLY high on him and he is playing lights out and exceeding even my expectations. Just another in a long line of reasons to hate the Jets.

STUD, no doubt! I don't blame TT for not moving up in round one for a 5-tech. But your right, sure would look good in a Packers jersey right about now. I took a pile of crap over my love for that kid that year. Happy it worked out for him. Don't think he is done getting better either. Wilkerson had top-10 ability if he stayed in school that last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is one depressing off-season. TT just misses picking Wilkersen, Reyes, and the now rumored Harrison Smith, and ends up getting left over scraps. Man it does show how crazy good he is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to what Palmy already said, if memory serves, think Wilde was saying something about during the draft last spring.

Usually on draft days will watch the screen for picks while checking off players on the my big board, but also will be listening locally.

On Worthy- Guess some of us viewed him differently. See many comments that compare him to Jenkins. But watching him play in college, thought he compared more to Johnny Jolly.

Also, believe more than a 5 tech, it was thought with some added weight he might be able to play NT. Of course now we find out instead of adding weight, he took off weight, which blew that theory out the window.
rbens06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Well this is one depressing off-season. TT just misses picking Wilkersen, Reyes, and the now rumored Harrison Smith, and ends up getting left over scraps. Man it does show how crazy good he is.

We could have taken Harrison Smith if he wanted to. We would not have Perry, but he was an option.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is made up. Ted Thompson moved up because 3 really good guys were available at De. It was really smart. Now was Reyes rated higher? Probably. So what? Don't see a story there.

My problem (although it's not really a big problem) was Worthy ahead of Still. It's kinda gnawed at me because I thought the system would have much preferred Still being ranked higher. I know there were injury concerns with Still and the common misuse of "lack of motor" label that's thrown out way too often for my liking.

Now it seems we're in the discussion for another De, but we want a guy with more length? Seems to me last years draft would been better for talent. I'd pick Still over any guy that could be had where we will pick this year. And if we aren't worried about talent fit, I think there are some guys that could give Worthy a run for his money (though I'm not as high on them).

Personally, don't even know if De is the biggest concern. Now Safety, that's been horrible. It seems more of an injury thing to me, Kinda like Ilber. Do we need one? IDK, but if the guy is leaps above Hawk and Bishop, sure. Otherwise, when we heal up those positions aren't bad.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
I'm not sure what the rumored Harrison Smith deal is, but he went one pick after the Packers selected Nick Perry. He was a guy I was hoping the Packers would land. He'd look pretty good in that secondary right now.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression of the pick was that TT was waiting for either Worthy or Reyes to be taken before trading up. He probably had them in the same exact draft tier and, knowing he needed a DL, wanted to extract the most value from a possible trade-up. The Reyes pick certainly triggered the trade up, but if Worthy had been taken then Reyes would be on our team now.

palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

We could have taken Harrison Smith if he wanted to. We would not have Perry, but he was an option.

Hard to kill TT on that one right now though. I would have been all over Upshaw or Smith(pending the feel of the room) but Perry did look like he could pull the fit and Clay sure was getting some clean looks with him on the other side of the field. Oddly enough, Worthy might have been next in line for this Packers team in my eyes.

20/20 deal for sure, but I for one would have taken Worthy over Reyes in this Packers fit on draft day if both were still on the board. Would have given a very slight lean on Worthy at base 5-tech but felt Capers could do far more with that Worthy mold. The Packers just don't play in base enough that I would have leaned Reyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: