Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Ryan is our new DC [UPDATE] Not our DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17073
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On to Bush, which I thought was old news at this point, I think he developed Karlos Dunlap into the player he is today. Almost won a Super Bowl with the Cards overachieving group.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6596
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Rams hire Frank Bush as our LB's coach.

My apologies in advance. Frank Bush is simply BAD. Was the Texans DC in 2010, when the Texans were ranked 32nd in total D - was the LB coach for the Titans in 2012, when the Titans were ranked 32nd in total D. Was the manager of a Subway in 2011 - the same Subway that sold 11 inch sandwiches, claiming them to be footlongs.

Frank Bush is the epitome of failure, in everything he does.


I have to sig that. Laughing
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yrba1


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1310
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing
_________________
♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7696
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing
Im pretty sure everyone had this. He was at the Blues game last night right?

Clearly something went down today that turned Fisher off, and thats not something you can put on guys reporting rumors with good sources.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17073
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
who is even available at this point?


Guess we'll find out. Glad we refused Rob Ryan if he wasn't willing to work with the 4-3 or wanted too much control. Was never a big fan of the hiring in the first place.
- Jauron?

@ProFootballTalk: Rams targeting - Jauron for defensive coordinator http://t.co/LYXkUgx3
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9335
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing


What was Schefter wrong about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17073
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing
Im pretty sure everyone had this. He was at the Blues game last night right?

Clearly something went down today that turned Fisher off, and thats not something you can put on guys reporting rumors with good sources.
Rob Ryan's "fondness" of the 3-4 reportedly broke up the marriage. I was a Ryan supporter, but if he wanted a 3-4 then this was not the place for him.

D. Jauron had a very impressive defense last year for the Browns. I wouldn't be shocked to see him named the defensive coordinator soon. #2 pass defense in the league, top 10 overall.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yrba1


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1310
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing


What was Schefter wrong about?


Oh the common belief that news around the NFL tweeted by Adam Schefter is believed to be true by its viewers. Welcome to the Information Age.
_________________
♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhicks11


Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 718
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing
Im pretty sure everyone had this. He was at the Blues game last night right?

Clearly something went down today that turned Fisher off, and thats not something you can put on guys reporting rumors with good sources.
Rob Ryan's "fondness" of the 3-4 reportedly broke up the marriage. I was a Ryan supporter, but if he wanted a 3-4 then this was not the place for him.

D. Jauron had a very impressive defense last year for the Browns. I wouldn't be shocked to see him named the defensive coordinator soon. #2 pass defense in the league, top 10 overall.


I wonder if Rob is shooting for that Saints job? Too my knowledge they haven't hired anyone (Crennel) yet.

I think I would be pretty excited about a D.Jauron hire here. Another stable guy with experience. Does he favor cover 2 or press man? Does he like to run a lot of blitzes? etc. etc.
_________________
GO RAMS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3181
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing
Im pretty sure everyone had this. He was at the Blues game last night right?

Clearly something went down today that turned Fisher off, and thats not something you can put on guys reporting rumors with good sources.
Rob Ryan's "fondness" of the 3-4 reportedly broke up the marriage. I was a Ryan supporter, but if he wanted a 3-4 then this was not the place for him.

D. Jauron had a very impressive defense last year for the Browns. I wouldn't be shocked to see him named the defensive coordinator soon. #2 pass defense in the league, top 10 overall.


I wonder if Rob is shooting for that Saints job? Too my knowledge they haven't hired anyone (Crennel) yet.

I think I would be pretty excited about a D.Jauron hire here. Another stable guy with experience. Does he favor cover 2 or press man? Does he like to run a lot of blitzes? etc. etc.


Good question , I was wondering same thing. Anyone know?
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17073
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
So much for Adam Schefter always being the word of truth. Laughing
Im pretty sure everyone had this. He was at the Blues game last night right?

Clearly something went down today that turned Fisher off, and thats not something you can put on guys reporting rumors with good sources.
Rob Ryan's "fondness" of the 3-4 reportedly broke up the marriage. I was a Ryan supporter, but if he wanted a 3-4 then this was not the place for him.

D. Jauron had a very impressive defense last year for the Browns. I wouldn't be shocked to see him named the defensive coordinator soon. #2 pass defense in the league, top 10 overall.


I wonder if Rob is shooting for that Saints job? Too my knowledge they haven't hired anyone (Crennel) yet.

I think I would be pretty excited about a D.Jauron hire here. Another stable guy with experience. Does he favor cover 2 or press man? Does he like to run a lot of blitzes? etc. etc.

No one is a leading candidate of the Saints defensive coordinator position yet. I'd be surprised if Crennel coaches this year to be honest. Mangini was a possibility and I am sure Ryan will be too. I'm sure every Saints fan wants an aggressive defensive coordinator again Wink .

Now with Jauron, he runs an attacking style of 4-3 very similar to the Rams. Most people don't care for him because he's not an emotional guy like Rob Ryan, but Jauron has an incredible football IQ. His failure as a head coach also tends to weigh him down. But while Ryan has mostly hype backing him up, Jauron has the numbers to prove he's a heck of a coordinator (those numbers surprised the heck out of me too).

From what I've seen from him, he definitely runs a cover-2 type of defense, which is very similar to the one the Rams run. It really is a perfect match from everything I have seen. I don't know who else is more qualified/better fit for the job.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5968
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hoping we get Jauron in here. I wanted him as DC prior to the Ryan rumors.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BEASToftheEAST4


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 2728
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ryan wanted to run the 3-4 then good riddance. Really hoping Jauron is the guy now
_________________

^El Ramster^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halradio


Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 4326
Location: Washington
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reversal IMO is a sign of a healthy franchise.

Fisher brought Ryan onboard - realized it wasn't going to be a good fit and decided to go in another direction before schemes were changed and/or bodies were flying about on the practice field.

As simple as the above paradigm sounds - it is amazing how many teams don't get this right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/rams-targeting---jauron-for-defensive-coordinator/

Reports say we are going after Jauron for DC. Not sure how I feel about him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group