Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Ryan is our new DC [UPDATE] Not our DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Apparently he is not our coordinator now?!?! I read on the Rams Facebook page that he said he wasn't right for the position and the Rams are gonna continue looking ?

Yeah, had to be a schematical thing for sure

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed] Rams, get it together... we need a DC quit the stupid games and hire someone for good.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed.

Quote:
St. Louis Rams‏@STLouisRams

After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the DC position.

and now we need a title change again Smile
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is even available at this point?
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:

Guess we'll find out. Glad we refused Rob Ryan if he wasn't willing to work with the 4-3 or wanted too much control. Was never a big fan of the hiring in the first place.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams hire Frank Bush as our LB's coach.
Quote:

The St. Louis Rams have officially hired 23-year NFL coaching veteran Frank Bush as the team's linebackers coach.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Hire-Bush-to-Coach-Linebackers/7bec9b17-c13e-43d8-85c3-af28601e9019

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

My apologies in advance. Frank Bush is simply BAD. Was the Texans DC in 2010, when the Texans were ranked 32nd in total D - was the LB coach for the Titans in 2012, when the Titans were ranked 32nd in total D. Was the manager of a Subway in 2011 - the same Subway that sold 11 inch sandwiches, claiming them to be footlongs.

Frank Bush is the epitome of failure, in everything he does.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

My apologies in advance. Frank Bush is simply BAD. Was the Texans DC in 2010, when the Texans were ranked 32nd in total D - was the LB coach for the Titans in 2012, when the Titans were ranked 32nd in total D. Was the manager of a Subway in 2011 - the same Subway that sold 11 inch sandwiches, claiming them to be footlongs.

As I just said in my PM:
Bush sucks hardcore as DC but I think you're wrong about him as a LB Coach.

Yes, the Titans defense stunk but look at Colin McCarthy, Akeem Ayers and Zach Brown. All were drafted in the 2 years that Bush was there and all have developed well and been productive.

Can hardly blame him for the Titans' woes on defense.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

As I just said in my PM:

Yes, the Titans defense stunk but look at Colin McCarthy, Akeem Ayers and Zach Brown. All were drafted in the 2 years that Bush was there and all have developed well and been productive.

I can concede - but I also wonder how much of that is on Bush. McCarthy was a good player prior to Bush's arrival, and both Ayers and Brown were pretty well thought of prospects. Is it a case of Bush developing them, or the players just living up to expectations?

It's much like the Texans 2009 season, when Bush was in Houston; He had a plethora of talent on the team, with Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, Antonio Smith, Dunta Robinson, street FA Bernard Pollard - the defense wasn't good, but middle of the pack. Bush was given credit for that mini-turnaround (because the guy before Bush was even worse, if at possible). The following year, Robinson is gone and replaced by Kareem Jackson, Cushing misses four games to start the season with the hCG stuff, Ryans is lost for the year as Cush gets back, and this defense completely crumbled.

Was 2009 because of Bush, or just an overwhelming amount of talent that was underutilized?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

As I just said in my PM:

I can concede - but I also wonder how much of that is on Bush. McCarthy was a good player prior to Bush's arrival, and both Ayers and Brown were pretty well thought of prospects. Is it a case of Bush developing them, or the players just living up to expectations?

It's much like the Texans 2009 season, when Bush was in Houston; He had a plethora of talent on the team, with Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, Antonio Smith, Dunta Robinson, street FA Bernard Pollard - the defense wasn't good, but middle of the pack. Bush was given credit for that mini-turnaround (because the guy before Bush was even worse, if at possible). The following year, Robinson is gone and replaced by Kareem Jackson, Cushing misses four games to start the season with the hCG stuff, Ryans is lost for the year as Cush gets back, and this defense completely crumbled.

Was 2009 because of Bush, or just an overwhelming amount of talent that was underutilized?

Probably the latter. No doubt Bush sucks as a DC. So does Bob Babich. But he very could be a good position coach. I don't think there's enough evidence to the contrary like there is of him as a DC.

And while Brown was a well thought of prospect, I had serious doubts about him as did many others. He was seen as more of an athlete playing LB.

P.S. McCarthy didn't play for the Titans prior to Bush. Bush was hired in February of 2011...McCarthy was drafted in April of 2011.

Last edited by jrry32 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Probably the latter. No doubt Bush sucks as a DC. So does Bob Babich. But he very could be a good position coach. I don't think there's enough evidence to the contrary like there is of him as a DC.

I guess I can concede to that. The more I think about it, the more I'm willing to concede, actually. Bush held the same position with the Texans in - 2007? 2008? I forget - when the Texans relied on Richard Smith as the DC. Bush actually did fairly well with a LB unit that consisted of a 2nd year OLB in his 2nd year at MLB in Ryans, as well as the likes of Xavier Adibi, Zac Diles and Morlon Greenwood. Not exactly a great unit, but had the guys playing above their usual level.

James Laurinitis should benefit, as Bush does some good with with MLB types. But still...there is a badness lurking with the guy. As long as he's reigned in, he might not be a COMPLETE waste.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I guess I can concede to that. The more I think about it, the more I'm willing to concede, actually. Bush held the same position with the Texans in - 2007? 2008? I forget - when the Texans relied on Richard Smith as the DC. Bush actually did fairly well with a LB unit that consisted of a 2nd year OLB in his 2nd year at MLB in Ryans, as well as the likes of Xavier Adibi, Zac Diles and Morlon Greenwood. Not exactly a great unit, but had the guys playing above their usual level.

James Laurinitis should benefit, as Bush does some good with with MLB types. But still...there is a badness lurking with the guy. As long as he's reigned in, he might not be a COMPLETE waste.

Did you catch my edit?

I doubt Laurinaitis has much developing left. His negatives won't change imo.

But I think he could do good for any LB we draft and a guy like Sammy Brown.

And I think Fisher will be able to reign him in.

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers were answered. Never wanted Ryan in the first place...

This defense will be better off without him and his ego without merit...

IDOG_det on the sig...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Lovie would be willing to interview.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Jameis Winston
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:

Guess we'll find out. Glad we refused Rob Ryan if he wasn't willing to work with the 4-3 or wanted too much control. Was never a big fan of the hiring in the first place.
- Jauron?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: