Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Ryan is our new DC [UPDATE] Not our DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
I like the hire. He brings energy and schemes very well every week. I really hope he keeps the same defense with a few nice curve balls that get us over the hump to bring us to a top 5 defense.

Disagree with that notion. He schemes well on paper, but can't convert it to the field majority of the time....

One of his biggest knocks is that he overcomplicates the packages and designs leading to a lot of confusion, blown assignments and burning timeouts because of the wrong personnel on/off the field...

IDOG_det on the sig...
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol what did he say?
I'll be out of work for like 5 mins!?!?!?!

Cocky bastard.. I like him though, Here is to a top 10 D!

BBL
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
It was reported that Ryan was interviewed last Saturday (19th), so the fact that it's taken almost a week to confirm his recruitment leads me to believe that he and Fisher have been in talks over a possible switch to a 3-4 defence; given our playing personnel, to do so would be folly and I hope that Ryan has agreed to stick to the 4-3.

I'm not so sure that switching to the 3-4 is completely out of the realm of possibility. We're really only 2 key positions away from being there (NT, ILB). It's not like Quinn and Long are going to forget how to pass rush, and it could mask some of of Robert's struggles in the run game.

Not to mention, it would be much more difficult for Kaepernick to gash us with runs off tackle in a 3-4 scheme. Although we already own him compared to crap defenses he has been torching lately.

I still think that you are going to see multiple looks just like last year.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
yrba1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
I like the hire. He brings energy and schemes very well every week. I really hope he keeps the same defense with a few nice curve balls that get us over the hump to bring us to a top 5 defense.

Disagree with that notion. He schemes well on paper, but can't convert it to the field majority of the time....

One of his biggest knocks is that he overcomplicates the packages and designs leading to a lot of confusion, blown assignments and burning timeouts because of the wrong personnel on/off the field...

Didn't Schotty do the same during his tenure in New York? I think Fisher will tip the scale of confusion to favor the players' position to succeed when it comes to Schotty and Ryan's playcalling.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the hire. Rob is a great coach. I would expect to see you run the 3-4 almost as much as the Cowboys did towards the end of last season (where we really started to run a lot of 4-3, because of injuries), Rob really loves that defence because of the blitzes and confusion he can create with it. I doubt that he would let Fisher limit his creativity to much.

- but i would lower my expectations for your defensive play this coming season. Rob runs a very complex scheme, and simply does not know how to boil it down to be more basic for his unit to play it the first season. But given time, I believe this guy can run one of the best defences in the league. I don't know if you have a guy who really stands out with intelligence and effort, but you would need one. Sean Lee, was a very important piece to get the players in position on the field and giving out commandos, as well he was a big part of helping the others learning through when training. Just a shame he always goes down with an injury..
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Congrats on the hire. Rob is a great coach. I would expect to see you run the 3-4 almost as much as the Cowboys did towards the end of last season (where we really started to run a lot of 4-3, because of injuries), Rob really loves that defence because of the blitzes and confusion he can create with it. I doubt that he would let Fisher limit his creativity to much.

- but i would lower my expectations for your defensive play this coming season. Rob runs a very complex scheme, and simply does not know how to boil it down to be more basic for his unit to play it the first season. But given time, I believe this guy can run one of the best defences in the league. I don't know if you have a guy who really stands out with intelligence and effort, but you would need one. Sean Lee, was a very important piece to get the players in position on the field and giving out commandos, as well he was a big part of helping the others learning through when training. Just a shame he always goes down with an injury..

That would be Laurinaitis and Finnegan probably. Both are high IQ players and leaders. Laurinaitis is elite in my opinion when it comes to getting players lined up, making sure the right personnel is out there and making the defensive calls.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBL
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous.

Apparently James Laurinaitis was there with Rob Ryan. Would have been sweet to get a pic with both of them.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Is that you?!?

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Is that you?!?

no lol.. Why? How do you guys picture me Laughing Laughing

BBL
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Is that you?!?

The kid in that pic looks like the [inappropriate/removed] kid from the "Two and a Half Men" show...

I do like his Tarasenko jersey though...

IDOG_det on the sig...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Is that you?!?

The kid in that pic looks like the [inappropriate/removed] kid from the "Two and a Half Men" show...

I do like his Tarasenko jersey though...

Wait... It isnt the kid from two and a half men??..
yrba1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Is that you?!?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a Blue's fan I hope, if he really is becoming a Blue's fan he's already won my heart. God What a beast.
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he is not our coordinator now?!?! I read on the Rams Facebook page that he said he wasn't right for the position and the Rams are gonna continue looking ?

Welcome to St. Louis Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Gaines, Alexander, Mason, and Sam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: