Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The TE Mock Draft/Trade Down [Page 2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I'm not sold on Ertz in round 2. I couldn't consider him in the 1st.

He is going to go round 1 and I would not be shocked if he went to us.

Ertz is a better prospect than Fleener by a lot and if Fleener goes 33 I think Ertz will go higher.

Whether you like Ertz we need a TE we need someone to space the field and force the S back so we can work underneath.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Ertz is a better prospect than Fleener by a lot and if Fleener goes 33 I think Ertz will go higher.

Whether you like Ertz we need a TE we need someone to space the field and force the S back so we can work underneath.

What makes Ertz a better prospect than Fleener "by a lot"? Please elaborate.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

What makes Ertz a better prospect than Fleener "by a lot"? Please elaborate.

Most people point to the fact that he is tougher, has better body control and make more difficult catches. Fleener as faster but he was more of a big WR where Ertz has the look of a true TE.

Ertz is also a much better blocker but compare to Fleener that doesn't prove much.

Last edited by WindyCity on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ertz is still a really bad blocker and drops a lot of catchable passes.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

I am not going to stand on the table for Ertz, I am really just trying out another idea.

I think that Ertz is the best TE in the last 2 years and he is going to go 1st round.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I am not going to stand on the table for Ertz, I am really just trying out another idea.

I think that Ertz is the best TE in the last 2 years and he is going to go 1st round.
I think Eifert is better.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I agree.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I have not made up my mind.

I gave us Ertz in this mock draft because he is more highly ranked than Eifert by most publications.

-Both have the size.
-I think Ertz is faster but we will see.
-Both make tough catches, although I would like to see more tape of Eitert on deep passes.
-neither is going to wow with their blocking.

Both are better than Fleener.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I have not made up my mind.

I gave us Ertz in this mock draft because he is more highly ranked than Eifert by most publications.

-Both have the size.
-I think Ertz is faster but we will see.
-Both make tough catches, although I would like to see more tape of Eitert on deep passes.
-neither is going to wow with their blocking.

Both are better than Fleener.
Eifert is stronger and a much better blocker. Eifert also has much better hands.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
if I remember right Pace was at the end of his career. I do not want another 34 yr old on this line
There is little chance Emery is going to spend 4 million a year for a 34 yr old. I would not. It would be hard to be worse than Pace though.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This is an attempt at a mock draft that I think could be a possibility based on what we have heard from Emery and what we know of Trestman, Kromer and Tucker.

Emery: Has spoken at length about wanting to add playmakers and weapons and building around Jay Cutler. In his press conference he spoke at length about attacking the middle of the field and the failures of the Bears TE position. Since a rookie TE is not likely to start or be very productive, he will address this in FA and the lower rounds. TEs in the first round are rarely worth it.

Trestman: Believes in protecting the QB and running the West Coast Offense [WCO] which means that we will be targeting OL and players that can create mismatches and gather YAC yards. Trestman is a firm believer in spreading the ball around the field and the days of 20 targets for Brandon Marshall are over. Taking a playmaker in the upper rounds is what I would expect, given what he has said. Particularly if we trade down and pick up some more picks. I do not assume the evaluation of our linemen to be as negative as you do so I expect they will not address the Oline until the fourth or fifth rounds.

Kromer: Has an established history of taking big college OTs in the mid rounds of the draft and turning them into big short setting OGs, players like Jahri Evans [4th round] and Car Nick [5th round] have been developed by Kromer. This is one reason I expect the Oline to improve even without adding any one. Another huge improvement should be expected from getting the plays in on time.

Tucker: Is more than likely going to run a vanilla 4-3 which means we need a LB that can cover down the field. Hence an LB high.

Re-signings

DT Henry Melton 5 years 37.5 million/20 guaranteed
OG Lance Louis 4 years 14 million/4 guaranteed
LB Nick Roach 3 years 9 million/4 guaranteed
LB Geno Hayes
CB Kelvin Hayden
DE Israel Idonije
RB Armando Allen

Cuts

Kellen Davis [2.4 million]
Hester [1.8 million]

Restructure/Extend

Brandon Marshall [4 years]
Charles Tillman [3 years]

Free Agents

OT Jermon Bushrod [New Orleans] 4 years 30 million/17 guaranteed

Bushrod might not be an elite LT but he is very good and he represents a significant upgrade over J'Marcus Webb. Last season Bushrod allowed 4.5 sacks and 1 holding penalty in 671 pass attempts. Webb allowed 9 sacks and 3 holding calls in 485 passing attempts. Bushrod also has a number of positive qualities as he has worked with Kromer, had success in a similar offense, he will come cheaper than other options and he has been incredibly healthy. But the question is what did Bushrod do his second year at LT? You can't compare a seasoned veteran (on a team where the QB gets rid of the ball) with a younger player on a team whose QBs does not have time to change the play at the line, does not get rid of the ball quickly and runs into sacks half the time.

OG Brandon Moore [NYJ] 2 years 7 million/3 guaranteed

The Bears are in desperate need of starting caliber OL as their window is open right now to win and they need to stop wasting the best years of Cutler's career. Moore might be 33, but he is a very solid professional OLmen that can come in and stabilize the LG position while Kromer develops a player to take over. Moore is from Gary, Indiana and he went to Illinois so he gets to leave the Jets circus, come home and play for a contending team that needs him. Too old.

QB Drew Stanton [Indianapolis] 2 years 4 million

A mobile back up QB that has won games in the NFL and he can dougie.

Draft

1[20] TE Zach Ertz [Stanford] 6'6" 252lbs.

Ertz fills a number of needs for the Bears and he represents a good value as he is ranked in the 20s by most publications and has appeared in a number of 1st round mock drafts. Ertz provides a weapon in the middle of the field, he provides another weapon in the passing game and he has incredible YAC opportunities with his blend of speed and size. Ertz has great physical ability and he has incredible hands he made a number of clutch catches for Stanford and he has shown great body control. Ertz reminds me of a faster version of Kyle Rudolph and he provides a safety net for Cutler. The Bears inability to threaten the middle of the field killed their passing game last season and allowed teams to blitz without worrying and to double team Marshall. Trestman requires weapons that have to be covered all over the field to create spacing and levels and Ertz will draw safeties back and force LBs to turn and run with him while Marshall and Jeffery kill teams on slants and crossing routes. He also replaces the worst starter on our team Kellen Davis. TEs are just not worth first round picks for the most part.

[video=youtube;_u5_y3oVj30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5_y3oVj30[/video]

*Trade* The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] to the San Francisco 49ers for 2[62] and 3[94].

2[62] LB Arthur Brown [Kansas St] 6'1" 235lbs.

A fast instinctive LB that can play a number of spots in the defense. Brown has played OLB and MLB in college and he as the speed to cover in our 4-3 scheme. Brown makes plays and his lack of size is made up for by his speed through the hole. Brown is a player that provides options for the Bears. Seems too high a pick.

3[94] OG Chris Faulk [LSU] 6'6" 323lbs.

Kromer has shown that he can take big college OTs and turn them into very good OGs. The WCO and timing passing game requires big OGs that can short set and will not be pushed back or bull rushed. Faulk has played LT and he is a solid pass protector, he also has the size that will make it difficult for DTs to bull rush him into Jay' face. If not for a knee injury he would have gone much higher and with the signing of Moore the Bears can be patient. A guy with a bad knee?

4. C Brian Schwenke [Cal] 6'3" 308lbs. If we can't get Jones I like this pick.

Roberto Garza is on a steep decline and while he was serviceable this season we need to start developing the next center. Schwenke has shown at the Senior Bowl that he can pass protect against elite competition and he has a year to learn the system and the mental side of the game.

5. WR Tavarres King [Georgia] 6'1" 200lbs.

The Bears need a deep threat that can stretch the field vertically from the slot and allow Marshall and Jeffery to attack the underneath and get yardage after the catch. King has incredible speed and runs good routes. I don't believe he will be there at this pick but we do need another fast WR.

[img]http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tavarres+King+Vanderbilt+v+Georgia+1cH2IuaW8rKl.jp g[/img]

6. CB Sheldon Price [UCLA] 6'2" 200lbs.

The Bears have 2 Pro Bowl CBs, an experienced former Pro Bowl Nickelback and they have great special teams player. The Bears have a couple of years to develop the next generation of starters and Price has the size and physicality to contribute on special teams and play in our zone system.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Stanton

RB: Forte, Bush, Allen

WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, King, Weems, Anderson

TE: Ertz, Rodriguez, Adams

LT: Bushrod, Brown

LG: Moore, Faulk

C: Garza, Schwenke

RG: Louis, Carimi

RT: Webb, Scott

RE: Peppers, McClellin

DT: Melton, Collins

NT: Paea, Toenia

LE: Wootton, Idonije

SLB: Roach, Hayes, Trahan

MLB: Brown, Costanzo

WLB: Briggs, JT Thomas

CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Frey, Price, McManis

FS: Conte, Hardin

SS: Wright, Steltz
Emery firing Smith meant his conclusion was that our problem was more coaching than talent so it is far from clear what moves he will make with this personel. Our offense got better the second Trestman was hired and his record shows he can improve an offensive line even when it is inherited.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Only a few TEs have been worth drafting in the first and actually were drafted there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: