Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The TE Mock Draft/Trade Down [Page 2]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: The TE Mock Draft/Trade Down [Page 2] Reply with quote

This is just trying on an idea and I am interested to see what you guys think.

After years of poor Jerry Angelo drafts this team is lacking youth and talent at a number of positions. We still have stars on defense and we have some stars on offense.

The Bears need to bring in a number of 2nd and 3rd round talents and infuse a ton of young, talented and well scouted players.

Last edited by WindyCity on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-sign [Order of Importance]

1. DT Henry Melton

2. OG Lance Louis

3. LB Brian Urlacher, I don't think it happens.

4. LB Nick Roach

5. CB Kelvin Hayden

6. DE Israel Idonije

7. TE Matt Spaeth

8. CB D.J Moore

Cuts

TE Kellen Davis

WR Devin Hester

Free Agents

OT Jermon Bushrod [New Orleans] 5 years 42.5 million/22 guaranteed

He is not a dominant LT, but he is very good, the coaching staff is familiar with him and he has held up in a pass heavy scheme. He can start day 1 and we can forget about the position that has been the bain of our team for years. He also comes 4-5 million cheaper than Clady.

LB John Casillas [New Orleans] 3 years 9 million/3 guaranteed

He is fast and physical and has played a number of positions for the Saints. He can come in and compete at MLB while providing depth everywhere and being a special teams captain.

QB Drew Stanton [Indianapolis] 2 years 4 million

A mobile back up QB that has won games in the NFL and he can dougie.

Draft

*Trade* the Chicago Bears trade 1[20] to the Houston Texans for 1[26] and 3[90].

*Trade* the Chicago Bears trade 1[26] to the Arizona Cardinals for 2[38] and 3[70]

2[38] OG Larry Warford [Kentucky] 6'3" 333lbs.

The Bears biggest weakness is at LG where they have NOTHING and by drafting Warford they have a player that has the potential to be a 10 year starter and a possible Pro Bowl player. Warford has the size, power and enough movement skills to protect in this system

2[50] LB Khaseem Greene [Rutgers] 6' 240lbs.

The Bears get a player that they can develop at MLB or WLB and has the speed and athletic ability to cover as a former safety. Greene plays the game hard and has been the leader of the Rutgers defense.

3[70] TE Gavin Escobar [San Diego St]

The Bears need a competent TE that can attack the middle of the field and catch 40-50 balls and be a threat in the red zone.

3[90] OT Terron Armstead [Arkansas Pine Bluff] 6'5" 325lbs.

A developmental OT that has a ton of upside and can be developed as the pass protector that the Bears are going to need. Armstead fits the mold of a small school tackle that Kromer can develop.

4. WR Tavarres King [Georgia] 6'1" 200lbs.

The Bears need a deep threat that can stretch the field vertically from the slot and allow Marshall and Jeffery to attack the underneath and get yardage after the catch. King has incredible speed and runs good routes.

5. CB Nigel Malone [Kansas St] 5'10" 195lbs.

The Bears continue to add developmental players to develop behind starters Tillman and Jennings. Malone is a physical player that can tackle which means that he can come in and play special teams this season.

6. TE DC Jefferson [Rutgers] 6'6" 260lbs.

A big athletic TE that can catch and block and be developed as the blocking TE.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Stanton

RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez

WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, King, Weems, Anderson

TE: Escobar, Adams, Jefferson

LT: Bushrod, Armstead

LG: Warford, Brown

C: Garza, E. Williams

RG: Louis, Carimi

RT: Webb, Scott

RE: Peppers, McClellin

DT: Melton, Collins

NT: Paea, Toenia

LE: Wootton, Idonije

SLB: Roach, Costanzo, Trahan

MLB: Greene, Casiillas

WLB: Briggs, JT Thomas

CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Frey, Malone, McManis

FS: Conte, Hardin

SS: Wright, Steltz
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an extreme case, but I am really thinking that a trade down in the 1st round or more desirably a trade down in the 2nd round could get us 1-3 extra picks and allow us to infuse some youth into the team.

If Emery is as good a scout as we think then we should be affective with multiple picks.
fourth-phase

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of trading down and I am a fan of your draft selections.

Obviously we do not know who will be there at 20, but I do think it is likely the top 3 tackles and Warmack will be gone. There is not a TE I want at 20 either. If the Bears did enough to address the OL in free agency, I am fine selecting best linebacker or corner at 20.

Bears need the picks though, I'd be for the trade down in your mock.
bkokot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you think Kelce from Cincinnati compares to Escobar?

Are they fairly interchangable at that point, or do you strongly prefer Escobar at that spot?

2014 Adopt a Bear - DT Stephen Paea
Tackles - 20 Sacks - 6 Passes Deflected - 2 Forced Fumbles - 1
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This is an extreme case, but I am really thinking that a trade down in the 1st round or more desirably a trade down in the 2nd round could get us 1-3 extra picks and allow us to infuse some youth into the team.

If Emery is as good a scout as we think then we should be affective with multiple picks.
I would love to see those trades but doubt anyone is going to help us out like that. Nor am I much for drafting 6' LBs. Unless he is a Singletary. Two TEs are likely one too many, too. I would take another OL with a late pick.

It is not too likely we are going to pay an Olineman 8 million per which seems to be the assumption underlaying your draft.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
How do you think Kelce from Cincinnati compares to Escobar?

Are they fairly interchangable at that point, or do you strongly prefer Escobar at that spot?

Kelce is more physical and a better blocker...Escobar is a more refined receiving threat.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushrod & Stanton would be solid pickups…not sure Casillas is worth $3 million a year…don’t even think he would upgrade Roach to be honest…

If we could pull off those drafts then Warford would be a really good pick up…only concern is he has never played LG but that’s nothing major…Fan of Green & Escobar…I really like the potential of Armstead but I would be far more comfortable with him in the 4th round…King would be a solid #4 on this team…don’t know much about Malone but personal choice would be a bigger CB…Jefferson could develop down the road.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Bushrod & Stanton would be solid pickups…not sure Casillas is worth $3 million a year…don’t even think he would upgrade Roach to be honest…

If we could pull off those drafts then Warford would be a really good pick up…only concern is he has never played LG but that’s nothing major…Fan of Green & Escobar…I really like the potential of Armstead but I would be far more comfortable with him in the 4th round…King would be a solid #4 on this team…don’t know much about Malone but personal choice would be a bigger CB…Jefferson could develop down the road.

I think that the best trade down option would be to move down in the 2nd round and get a 4th and another 6th together.

We need some youth.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would the Bears sign Bushpole, draft a guard in the second, AND draft a tackle in the third, when they already have Gabe Carimi and J'Marcus "Russell" Webb manning the trenches for them?
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Why would the Bears sign Bushpole, draft a guard in the second, AND draft a tackle in the third, when they already have Gabe Carimi and J'Marcus "Russell" Webb manning the trenches for them?

First off I like this mock/free agency. It addresses many needs and adds youth along with some veterans to our team. Secondly, from his interviews and recent articles I've read on The bears website protecting Cutler is Trestmen's #1 priority. He's a very inteligent football coach that has a solid plan for moving forward. By adding that much youth and depth to our line it will provide depth and completion among the players. Mayock and company were raving about Warford this week and he looked solid during 1 on 1 drills. If Lane Johnson isn't there at 20 I could see us trading down.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 49 Yards- 586 TDs- 8 Tgts- 86
blair18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this a lot. The trade down idea makes sense if we can get quality guys like these. I would just say that I'd like to address CB before WR though.

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting. I wouldn't be overly happy if it played out like this but I like the originality.

Are you assuming that Cooper is gone at 20 when you make the trade? I think Warford is a good prospect but Cooper is a better one and if he's at 20 I'd rather just take him instead of passing, potentially twice, on the chance that Warford is still there at 38, and especially when the next 3 picks (thru round 3) include a LB we won't need there in the scenario where we have already resigned Roach and given Casillas a 3 year deal and a developmental OT who won't play over a LT we just signed for $8M per year. I agree that we need youth but we also need some immediate contributors. I like Escobar but I suspect we could trade down from our 2nd rounder, gain an extra pick and still get him.

I do like King as I also mocked him to us and while I don't love him in the 4th I think he fills a role for us right away. I don't know enough about Malone or Jefferson to know what I think of them just yet.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Badger75

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Good grief! The prices!? Look at the Lions sinking $50M into Stafford, Johnson and Suh. All great players, but comeon....the inflation in salaries for elite athletes is a bit crazy.

The early 1980's the Bears FO had Jim Finks, Buddy Ryan, Mike Ditka and briefly George Halas. A college of football knowledge. With $50M what a shrewd FO could do with talent today... Cool
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Good grief! The prices!? Look at the Lions sinking $50M into Stafford, Johnson and Suh. All great players, but comeon....the inflation in salaries for elite athletes is a bit crazy.

The early 1980's the Bears FO had Jim Finks, Buddy Ryan, Mike Ditka and briefly George Halas. A college of football knowledge. With $50M what a shrewd FO could do with talent today... Cool
Let the Lions, Denver, etc. pay those salaries but the day will come when those teams are going to have to cut quality players because they cannot pay those salaries and keep others. It isn't like a player making 8 million is twice as good as one making 4. This is the main reason I do not see us overpaying for a FA Olineman.

Our last SB appearance was with a line built from FAs. Buffalo could not afford to keep Reuben Brown so we snapped him up. One of the best free agent signings we ever had, if not the best. Garza and Miller were also added through FA, cheaply. We did pay big money for Tait but he was Lt and an exception.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: