Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WE'RE SWITCHING TO A 3-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys want Elvis Dumervil for a 2nd? Career highs 2010 in a 3-4 at OLB, won't ever repeat that under Fox as Doom has proven to be very scheme specific.

And no, thus far there haven't been rumors or news broken that Elway would indeed move him. Just hypothetically speaking.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
You know the more I think about it I think that Bunkley is our guy at NT. Go watch some film on him with Denver... dude was nicknamed the destroyer. He lines up over center and just wrecks. Hicks next to him is going to beast...great first step and hands. Cam sealing the edge too is important. That should funnel everything to the inside.... This makes me really think that our #1 position of need is an inside LB next to Lofton. I think junior and martez are right where they need to be. Either we address ilb in fa or the draft. Truth be told I don't know who is a FA this year that we could nab for ILB. I just don't think hawthorne is our guy.

Dats crazy... 101 I was thinking the same exact thing!

I've been going through the top 14 picks in my mind over and over again and while there is alot of talent available at 15, I honestly think Alex Ogletree can and will be our guy!

Unless we trade back, grab Minter and another pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news! Been waiting for this for about two or three years! Laughing

How about us running a Baltimore like 3-4 defense? We could usw Hicks as our version of ngata, Wilson and Galette could be our rush LB and maybe even a FA like Kruger could be brought in and play the other OLB position!
thesolution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The New Orleans Times-Picayune mentions Winston Moss, Ken Norton Jr., and Ed Donatell as three names to watch for the Saints' defensive-coordinator vacancy.Moss is a former Saints assistant who is currently assistant head coach/LBs coach with the Packers. Norton Jr. is the linebackers coach with the Seahawks and has coached under Pete Carroll since 2004. Donatell, the 49ers DBs coach, has been mentioned as a front-runner for the Eagles' DC opening. Head coach Sean Payton has said he's in no hurry to name a replacement for Steve Spagnuolo, while he also said they could tap into the college ranks in their search for a new defensive boss

I didn't see the Payton making the change so soon. But if he loves it then I like it. Also I figure the Saints will make some trades back in the draft to get depth unless they plan on being very aggresive in free agency. I can see us going after Terrence Knighton..

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Terrence Knighton. Allows us to fill the NT spot without wasting a top pick on one

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a DC what about either Mike Waufle Dline from the Rams, or Romeo Crennel would be good also.

Also though was the Dback coach fired also?
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really love to see us bring Mangini in

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“For me and Mickey [Loomis] as well, some studies we’ve done and just seeing some of these teams weekly and the two teams playing in the Super Bowl, just having to attack it. It presents issues in running game, presents protection issues. I just know coaching on offense what it does to you . . . really from my own experience, when we played against a 3-4 teams a handful of teams.”

Seems as though the Payton and Loomis will be taking their time, maybe make a offer to someone on the staff of the two super bowl teams?
wow_junky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Do you guys want Elvis Dumervil for a 2nd? Career highs 2010 in a 3-4 at OLB, won't ever repeat that under Fox as Doom has proven to be very scheme specific.

And no, thus far there haven't been rumors or news broken that Elway would indeed move him. Just hypothetically speaking.

If we had our 2nd round pick I would much rather use it in the draft and get some young, cheap talent in. Dumervil's cap hit for the next few years is massive so he is definitely not worth that AND a second rounder.
potus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Greg Romeus?

He should be healed up by training camp. Anyone think he'll make any contributions at OLB?
wow_junky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very exciting news, now we need a D coordinator who runs the 3-4 well and can help us actually draft some talent on the defensive side of the ball!
wow_junky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potus wrote:
Remember Greg Romeus?

He should be healed up by training camp. Anyone think he'll make any contributions at OLB?

Did he play 3-4 DE or 4-3 in college?
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
potus wrote:
Remember Greg Romeus?

Did he play 3-4 DE or 4-3 in college?

I thought he played 4-3, but I'm not certain.

That said, has he EVER been healthy? The dude can't stay on a field, he's as frail as my grandma.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
25. Januar 2013Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per league sources. It’s even possible the two could go together to New Orleans with one serving as defensive coordinator, sources said. When reached Friday about this possibility, Mangini said he has not been contacted by anybody from the Saints about any position. Mangini and Crennel worked on the same Patriots coaching staff that won three Super Bowls in New England. Saints have told people they plan to proceed with their defensive coordinator search slowly and there’s no rush to fill the position.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/495317?wsref=tw&code=sKG52jD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: