Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Rivals: Friend or Foe?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When your team is out of the equation; do you root for or against your NFC West Rivals?
Root for them
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Root against them
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: NFC Rivals: Friend or Foe? Reply with quote

When your team is out of playoff contention (meaning the playoffs are underway, and your team is eliminated or didn't qualify), do you root for or against your division rivals? I have always had more hatred for the Cowboys and the Falcons than I have for say the Cardinals. More than that, I take the term "representing the NFC west" in its literal meaning. I feel that anything that gets some recognition for a team not in NY, Dallas, etc is a good thing. I rooted for the Hawks (my most hated division rival) against the Steelers as well as the Cards against the Steelers a few years later.

I equate it to my own experience in sports. I tried out for the olympics some years back, but ended up the alternate (never made the team). Even though the guys who I competed with to make the tournament beat me, I still rooted for them to do well so as to make my status as their runner up feel like less of a failure. Also I guess if they won, I knew for sure I wouldn't have been able to do better myself.

I suppose I am just curious how the fans of the NFC West feel about this question. Fire away.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't bother me at all if SF won. I wanted to see SF vs NE so was kinda bummed when Baltimore won. What's frustrating is SF, SEA & STL all having franchise QB's and we're stuck with basically mediocre journeyman and 6th round picks.

For the record I think SF wins comfortably.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably of rooted for SF if it was vs NE but I root for Anquan so I want Balt to win.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
I would probably of rooted for SF if it was vs NE but I root for Anquan so I want Balt to win.

Really want Q to get a ring.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respect and wish we had the team SF does.. not sure I really root for them.

I did want Seattle to win in Washington & Atlanta.

I'll root for Baltimore in the SB because of Q, Ray and Reed.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:

This is my plot too, love Anquan. He's one of the hardest workers in the NFL today

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, this was not about the upcoming SB. Lets rephrase. If you hypothetically had no pre-existing rooting interest for a player on either side how would you side? In a bubble, for the NFC West or against your teams division rival?

MAC DRE wrote:
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
Just to be clear, this was not about the upcoming SB. Lets rephrase. If you hypothetically had no pre-existing rooting interest for a player on either side how would you side? In a bubble, for the NFC West or against your teams division rival?

NFC W
SmallieBigs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Q to get a ring, and I hae the 49ers. Only team in the NFC West I don't have issues wih is STL.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens. I like how they play hard and are a team.

Besides that I like Q and a few others on that team.

Nothing really against the niners, just dont like what they did to Smith, however proven to be a good choice overall.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:

Still can't stand Harbaugh. Sorry man, I hate the 9ers and the Seahawks. I don't have a problaem with STL for some reason though

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them being in the division doesn't really play a factor in whether I'm rooting for them or not.

But I was rooting for the Seahawks to lose and 9ers to win since the playoffs started, don't really know why. But they are my two favorite teams in the league to watch.
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:

But I was rooting for the Seahawks to lose and 9ers to win since the playoffs started, don't really know why. But they are my two favorite teams in the league to watch.

Indeed on them both being fun to watch -- I love Russell Wilson, and SF's physical O and D. Just feel a little dirty rooting for SF no matter the situation.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:

Still can't stand Harbaugh. Sorry man, I hate the 9ers and the Seahawks. I don't have a problem with STL for some reason though
Laughing Don't be sorry. I was just curious to see if my perspective was the majority or minority. During the season I want all the Niners division rivals to fall flat on their face, but when the Niners were awful I wanted the NFC West to represent versus other divisions. For another example, during the 1980s/90s I (as a fan) took a lot of pride in the streak of NFC SB winners. It meant that in the years the 9ers lost, at least steel sharpened steel you know? It also makes it a lot sweeter when you come out on top, knowing the road to get there was that much harder.

MAC DRE wrote:
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are certain 49er players I would not mind getting a ring. Frank Gore and Patrick Willis for example. But I agree with my fellow cardinal fans...go Anquan!!!

sig made by mike23md

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: