Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
Let me put this to rest right here right now. Revis is not and never will be as go as Woodson. Woodson was the total package at CB. He was a shutdown corner, ball hawk, great at blitzing and in run support.

Even if he was the Raiders would have to totally reverse their course to absorb not only his current contract but Revis' future compensation. It would be stupid to even call.

"Yeah, Hussien Imports? I'm still broke but I wanted to know if that Maserati was still insanely expensive? . . It is? OK, I'm just doing my due diligence because I totaled my Kia and left it on the freeway."

I totally agree with you.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
Let me put this to rest right here right now. Revis is not and never will be as go as Woodson. Woodson was the total package at CB. He was a shutdown corner, ball hawk, great at blitzing and in run support.

Even if he was the Raiders would have to totally reverse their course to absorb not only his current contract but Revis' future compensation. It would be stupid to even call.

"Yeah, Hussien Imports? I'm still broke but I wanted to know if that Maserati was still insanely expensive? . . It is? OK, I'm just doing my due diligence because I totaled my Kia and left it on the freeway."

Thanks but no thanks *click*

That's a real problem for you? That our GM and his assistants that get paid millions, pick up a phone, and inquire about a superstar player at a position of need who is available? Seems pretty petty, but if you need something to complain about it at least its a new complaint.

Calm down guys, I don't think that the front office is low on Anytime minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we got him for a 4th, he'd whine 2 years into his new contract!!! No thank you...I'd rather draft 3-4DB's this year than get a Revis headache...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

6M is just a bit more than what Brisiel is scheduled to make next year. After 2013, the Raiders salary cap situation is getting much more manageable. From that perspective, it's something the Raiders could do. And keep in mind the Packers spent a lot on their CBs. Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams have the 2 most expensive contracts after Rodgers.

Are the Raiders currently in the same situation the Packers were when they went after Woodson? The Raiders are about 2 years away from making a substantial commitment of that magnitude. But it will happen someday just not right now.

Let's stop dreaming that Palmer is going to be jettisoned.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

6M is just a bit more than what Brisiel is scheduled to make next year. After 2013, the Raiders salary cap situation is getting much more manageable. From that perspective, it's something the Raiders could do. And keep in mind the Packers spent a lot on their CBs. Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams have the 2 most expensive contracts after Rodgers.

Are the Raiders currently in the same situation the Packers were when they went after Woodson? The Raiders are about 2 years away from making a substantial commitment of that magnitude. But it will happen someday just not right now.

Not sure Palmer has anything to do with it. Out of the Raiders 17 most expensive contracts, 10 are coming off the books after 2013 at the latest (and Rolando McClain is amongst the 7 others). The Raiders haven't a lot of money committed to the 2014 cap and beyond at the moment. They're in a situation where they can make it work if they want to. I don't even know how i would feel about it, i'm just saying they realistically can.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

Not sure Palmer has anything to do with it. Out of the Raiders 17 most expensive contracts, 10 are coming off the books after 2013 at the latest (and Rolando McClain is amongst the 7 others). The Raiders haven't a lot of money committed to the 2014 cap and beyond at the moment. They're in a situation where they can make it work if they want to. I don't even know how i would feel about it, i'm just saying they realistically can.

Imvho, not without leveraging the future in direct contradiction with where they have been suggesting they are heading since Mckenzie was hired. It's too soon for this move to realistically happen. Not only are the Raiders not prepared to absorb Revis' contract, Revis will want an exorbitant new deal. But who am I to rob folks of their dreams, Palmer will be cut to make room for Revis.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Even an inquiry would be disappointing. . . . .

It never hurts to see what options are available via trade or free agency. I doubt we'll be real players in the Revis trade sweepstakes but it's nice to know Reggie is willing to explore his options.

I'm not into window shopping. The mere thought that the Raiders might be open to moving a draft pick 1 - 3 + significant portion of salary cap for a player with a blown acl is a red flag. no doubt.

Not to mention a position that isn't even a factor 1/3 of the time during the time on the field. Makes it even worse.

Lol, 1/3 huh? Let's see the math you did to come up with that number.

If your 1/3 is accuracte, that 1/3 of the time is crucial to our success. 1/3 of a series is that 3rd and long where our CB gives up a huge play to allow the conversion. How many times a game did that happen to us this past season and the year before? We'd stop the run on 1st and 2nd and then give up a big play for a 1st down because our coverage sucked. Revis would prevent that from happening.

Obviously I don't want us trading a 1st rounder to get him, but having Revis would be a HUGE upgrade to our secondary.

Personally, I don't think it's even possible we get him, but it's still a fun possibility to discuss!!

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Totty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK how you can be mad at a GM checking on a possible deal to land one of the best corners in the NFL. It won't happen. But I appreciate the effort on him at least making the call to check it out.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
IDK how you can be mad at a GM checking on a possible deal to land one of the best corners in the NFL. It won't happen. But I appreciate the effort on him at least making the call to check it out.

Rotoworld.com wrote:
One NFL general manager said the interest in Darrelle Revis is "one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever."
"There's a Revis gold rush forming," the GM said. According to CBS' Mike Freeman, the Jets are asking for a first- and second-round pick in exchange for Revis, which certainly wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if he were healthy. It's a high price for a guy coming off a torn ACL. Teams that have been linked to Revis are the Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, Seahawks, and Packers, according to Freeman. You can rule out a trade with the division rival Patriots and Bills. Jan 25 - 12:27 PM
Source: CBS Sports

Words cannot express how good it feels NOT to be a part of EVERY rumor about a big name player. The Raiders KNOW they can't afford him, hence didn't call (hopefully it stays that way). The Raiders don't have the the pass rush to make Revis relevant. Period. Fix the DL FIRST!
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A first and a second?? Good luck with that, Jets

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:

Yea, no way that happens IMO. Word came out today that he's looking for Mario Williams contract numbers, 6 years - 96 Million ish.

1. I can't see too many player trading a first and a 2nd for a guy who's 3 months removed from ACL surgery and only has 1 year left on his contract. (And you know before hand he's going to want 100 million)

2. I can't see too many people who are willing to pay that much for a CB.

Teams like Denver, SF, Seattle, etc might be willing to trade a bit more than other because you'd assume better teams like that would be more alluring teams for Revis to resign with as they are contenders. So they'd be willing to risk a bit more. But I still can't see them giving up a 1st and a 2nd.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Yea, no way that happens IMO. Word came out today that he's looking for Mario Williams contract numbers, 6 years - 96 Million ish.

1. I can't see too many player trading a first and a 2nd for a guy who's 3 months removed from ACL surgery and only has 1 year left on his contract. (And you know before hand he's going to want 100 million)

Teams like Denver, SF, Seattle, etc might be willing to trade a bit more than other because you'd assume better teams like that would be more alluring teams for Revis to resign with as they are contenders. So they'd be willing to risk a bit more. But I still can't see them giving up a 1st and a 2nd.

Yeah forget this then. Thats a joke by both Revis and NY. If either of them think they're getting what they want, then they're higher than Snoop Dogg in late April

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never pay that kind of money for a CB, never. Revis is insane. You win games up front, I would invest most of my money on both lines.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I lol'd

After coming off that injury? Yeah.... someone's gonna be disappointed.

PM sig requests.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I lol'd

After coming off that injury? Yeah.... someone's gonna be disappointed.

Keep in mind Mario was coming off of a major injury too. Will he get that dough? Mario was "fortunate" enough that he didn't have to prove anything coming off an injury. Revis will have to step up, but as far as a trade--that injury is a killer.

If he DOES prove it, his contract is set up beautifully that he can test the market. If he plays anywhere near what he did before the injury, some team will pay. He's worth more than Mario.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: