Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.
The Broncos currently have plenty of cap room, but with LT Ryan Clady still needing a new deal some of that will obviously evaporate. Still, it's easy for teams to work around this issue. As we saw in the Divisional Round loss to the Ravens, Champ Bailey just can't hang with the deep speed threats at receiver anymore. Adding Revis to the mix and maybe pushing Bailey to the slot would be a monster upgrade. What Elway wants, Elway usually gets. A first- and second-round pick is said to be the Jets' asking price. King mentions the Chiefs and 49ers as other possible Revis suitors. This is pure speculation at this point, though.

roto
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants 16 mill/year on his next contract, if it means we can't sign a few key guys then I would be against it but if it only takes our first and second then it would be tempting. Right now we have 14 picks(?) and maybe more coming. Maybe we can talk Revis into taking a lesser deal since we should be SB contenders year in and year out with the team we have.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appearing

on ESPN Radio Tuesday morning, Adam Schefter suggested the Jets trade Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith and a second-round pick.
Schefter was just spitballing with Mike and Mike, not reporting. The Jets desperately need quarterback help, Alex Smith is on the block and everyone would be interested in a healthy Revis. The ultra-deep Niners are even in a position to take a one-year flier on Revis, who is due just $6 million in 2013 -- the final year of his contract.

roto
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

on ESPN Radio Tuesday morning, Adam Schefter suggested the Jets trade Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith and a second-round pick.
Schefter was just spitballing with Mike and Mike, not reporting. The Jets desperately need quarterback help, Alex Smith is on the block and everyone would be interested in a healthy Revis. The ultra-deep Niners are even in a position to take a one-year flier on Revis, who is due just $6 million in 2013 -- the final year of his contract.

roto

That'd be a good deal for us if we could lock him up for more than one year. Even if it was a one year rental I guess that'd be alright as well. If we released Alex we'd get nothing, at least if we made that trade we'd have Revis for a year, and possibly one of the most dominant defenses of all time.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
kingnothing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for attempting to acquire Revis. I doubt the Jets will have any interest in Alex Smith. They already have a lot of money invested in another average QB, Mark Sanchez. More likely they would want someone like Carlos Rogers to replace Revis immediately and a high draft pick, like a 2nd round selection.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

roto

That'd be a good deal for us if we could lock him up for more than one year. Even if it was a one year rental I guess that'd be alright as well. If we released Alex we'd get nothing, at least if we made that trade we'd have Revis for a year, and possibly one of the most dominant defenses of all time.

highway robbery if we get this deal. It would be nice even if it is only for a year.
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When can teams start trading again?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

roto

i would love revis and that deal IF a deal was worked out prior.
alex and a second is too much for a one year rental imo. plus he tore his acl.

and i dont think jets would want carlos over alex. if they trade revis its to clear money. getting a cb whos above 30 with his contract is not what they want imo. i also think theyre going to have to do something this year at qb. a trade of draft a rookie sometime, i dont see them letting sanchez be there main option again fr a season, rex knows hes fighting for his job

new sig... sorry alex
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

roto

Honestly, even if we don't lock him up, I'd strongly consider that.

I'm a bit worried about his salary though if we do attempt to lock him up. Seems like it could hurt us.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

roto

I'm a bit worried about his salary though if we do attempt to lock him up. Seems like it could hurt us.

I agree. 1 year w/ Revis >>>>> having Alex as a back up or losing him for nothing.

Plus, the way we develop players, I wouldn't be the most worried off losing a 2nd.
Psychlone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

roto

I agree. 1 year w/ Revis >>>>> having Alex as a back up or losing him for nothing.

Plus, the way we develop players, I wouldn't be the most worried off losing a 2nd.
Agree and disagree with you as this scenario reminds me of our last rent-a-stud CB in Sanders which resulted in trophy number XXIX. On the other hand, our last two second rounders haven't been too shabby though. I'll give you this though, Taylor Mays the year before gives credence to your argument...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

roto

Agree and disagree with you as this scenario reminds me of our last rent-a-stud CB in Sanders which resulted in trophy number XXIX. On the other hand, our last two second rounders haven't been too shabby though. I'll give you this though, Taylor Mays the year before gives credence to your argument...

The second rounder we could pick this year might not even play. Trading picks makes too much sense for us.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Appearing

roto

The second rounder we could pick this year might not even play. Trading picks makes too much sense for us.

And that's my thinking over anything. We are so talented w too many picks to not be active with the picks
kingnothing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade Alex Smith or Carlos Rogers for Revis and a second round pick. Then, if Revis leaves after one season the 49ers would receive a 3rd round compensatory selection.

Last edited by kingnothing on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingnothing wrote:
If we trade Alex Smith or Carlos Rogers for Revis and a second round pick. Then, if Revis leaves after one season the 49ers would receive a 3rd round compensatory selection.

...this is oddly brilliant logic. Odd only because, I didn't quite think of it in that sense.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 178
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 872

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: