Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Revis Reply with quote

jets are shopping him around, what would you be willing to give up for him to have him in red and gold next year?

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
jets are shopping him around, what would you be willing to give up for him to have him in red and gold next year?
even swap for Alex Smith!!! I mean according to some people they are equal caliber players.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
even swap for Alex Smith!!! I mean according to some people they are equal caliber players.

I'd make that trade, provided they were dumb enough to pull the trigger on it

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he want a new deal two years after signing his current one? If so....pass.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Didn't he want a new deal two years after signing his current one? If so....pass.

He wants a new contract every year. He's held out the past two seasons and made him self look very greedy and stupid. PASS 100% on him. He seems like a selfish guy and will cost more money then hes worth.

Tarrell Brown is playing at a high level and Culliver is looking like a future shut down corner. No need to mess that up with a guy like Revis.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice but if it means we have to lose a key player or two then no thanks.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost of what it would take to trade for him, and then to resign him for more than just the one year (especially with our cap situation) makes this a no go for us. I am not saying he is a better player, but getting Goldson locked up is much more important. To sign both we would have to cut a lot of salary.

Assume a 1st and 3rd for value (that is low IMO). Would you rather take the chance that he comes back from his injury at top strength, or would you rather use those picks to draft some players for the DL, or maybe a TE, WR, etc? The answer is pretty clear to me. His value is not as high for our team as what it would take to get him over here.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Bodhi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I'm iffy on giving up a first is because he's always holding out and asking for more money. An elite corner could take this team to another level (think Deion Sanders), but we have a lot of guys that we need to pay.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:
The only reason I'm iffy on giving up a first is because he's always holding out and asking for more money. An elite corner could take this team to another level (think Deion Sanders), but we have a lot of guys that we need to pay.
If it was just a first it would tempt me to pull the trigger, even with the contract issues. It will be at least two high round picks though IMO, at least a 1st and a 3rd but probably more.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
JerryRice80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would everybody give up assuming we could get a deal done?

I personally would happily give up a 1st 3rd and Alex Smith. We have a lot of picks this year and our only need is depth. Delanie Walker is more than capable as a number 2 tight end, sure he has his drops but he is very athletic and can make plays. The D-line depth can be drafted in later rounds. We have KW and Manningham to come back from injury and AJ will be more involved in year 2. With Revis our D would be instantly an all time great, think about how good our run D is when we commit to stopping the run? He would allow us to get back to our run stopping form of last year and still have a shutdown pass D. Revis is as close as you get to shutdown, when healthy he is potentially the best Defensive player in the league and certainly top 5. I know it will never happen but the thought of him with our D is incredible

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:

boy somebody is a hater.

i would put money that nobody in here has said anything close to alex is the same caliber player has one of the best defensive players in the game. cant remember when anybody said alex is the best at his position
really strange Rolling Eyes

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets do this! We get him, our defense would be UNSTOPPABLE. Revis on one side, Culliver on the other for the next five or so seasons? Yeah, sign me up that! HOWEVER, very unlikely as we will have to give him a big contract and we have our own players to sign. Never underestimate the power of Paraag Marathe though. If there is a way to get him and sign our other big guns, he will get figure it out. Also, we can release Rogers which will save us quite a bit a well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know revis seems to be all money. especially with all these potential hold outs

but i remember reading he would take a pay cut or it may have been restructure when the team was looking at asoumhga

you guys thing he would take a lower nice team friendly contract to play for a winner?

new sig... sorry alex
John232

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contract ordeal is one thing...his injuries are what concern me. AP is the exception to the rule/.

However, we could probably deal Smith, Rogers and a third. Two quality and a high pick for a injured CB with contract issues seem fair to me.

I think Smith could still net a good deal just based off of the fact that he is team controlled the best FA QB and still relatively young.

xsaMainevent on the sig
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
The contract ordeal is one thing...his injuries are what concern me. AP is the exception to the rule/.

However, we could probably deal Smith, Rogers and a third. Two quality and a high pick for a injured CB with contract issues seem fair to me.

I think Smith could still net a good deal just based off of the fact that he is team controlled the best FA QB and still relatively young.

I'm not worried about his injury. AP wasn't the only to come back from it, as Charles did the same and was as good as ever. Modern medicine is amazing now a days and Revis will be fine. However, I'm not sure if our picks would intrigue the Jets enough to trade him. We will be picking either 31st or 32nd, so even if we offer our 1st round pick, along with either a 3rd round pick this season or a 2nd round pick next year, would they accept that?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: