You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
By the way, here are the cap hits of Revis' contract. He's actually pretty affordable.

2013: $9million
2014: $6million
2015: $6million
2016: $6million

But knowing Revis as we all do, I'm sure he will demand a boost in salary (or will hold out) from his new team. If we were to trade for him I assume we would do something like Shanahan did when he traded for Champ, have agreed to terms of a new contract before the trade becomes official.

Revis can opt out of his contract after the '13 season. Thats why this is all coming up about him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
By the way, here are the cap hits of Revis' contract. He's actually pretty affordable.

But knowing Revis as we all do, I'm sure he will demand a boost in salary (or will hold out) from his new team. If we were to trade for him I assume we would do something like Shanahan did when he traded for Champ, have agreed to terms of a new contract before the trade becomes official.

Revis can opt out of his contract after the '13 season. Thats why this is all coming up about him.

Yeah I had included that but somehow it got deleted when I was writing the post. It was supposed to say that the final three years are a player option.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Idk where the money is coming from but I do know we're in on Revis. Also it won't take a 1st.... Well maybe with us it will because we pick so late, but it likely won't take a 1st, from what I'm hearing on radio (Cowherd).

I'm a fan of Revis on the field, can't stand his yearly contract holdout though. Ill be happy if he comes, but I won't be unhappy if he doesn't.

Wait what? How do you know were in on him?

The source isn't an industry pro, but he's connected and usually correct, although technically not a credible source. Said 3 teams called last 24 hours, us, Skins, Raiders... It won't be us, Jets want picks, they're rebuilding.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that the Jets trade Revis. They have the cap room to keep him.

http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

On a pure financial level, it would be cheaper for the Jets to cut/trade Cromartie while keeping Revis.
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:

On a pure financial level, it would be cheaper for the Jets to cut/trade Cromartie while keeping Revis.

It's not about the finances. The Jets and their new GM want to clean house and rebuild from the ground up, which means building through the draft (and the picks Revis, and maybe others would bring back). Also, their owner doesn't think they have a chance at re-signing him when his contract expires (or he can opt out- which I think is next year).

I can see it happening. First round value, but I doubt a first round pick goes to the Jets. Think Shanny nabs him. His Redskins version of the Champ deal he pulled in Denver. Think Kirk Cousins.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

It's not about the finances. The Jets and their new GM want to clean house and rebuild from the ground up, which means building through the draft (and the picks Revis, and maybe others would bring back). Also, their owner doesn't think they have a chance at re-signing him when his contract expires (or he can opt out- which I think is next year).

I can see it happening. First round value, but I doubt a first round pick goes to the Jets. Think Shanny nabs him. His Redskins version of the Champ deal he pulled in Denver. Think Kirk Cousins.

Why would I think about Kirk Cousins?
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Idk where the money is coming from but I do know we're in on Revis. Also it won't take a 1st.... Well maybe with us it will because we pick so late, but it likely won't take a 1st, from what I'm hearing on radio (Cowherd).

I'm a fan of Revis on the field, can't stand his yearly contract holdout though. Ill be happy if he comes, but I won't be unhappy if he doesn't.

The source isn't an industry pro, but he's connected and usually correct, although technically not a credible source. Said 3 teams called last 24 hours, us, Skins, Raiders... It won't be us, Jets want picks, they're rebuilding.

Isnt this just Incarcerated Bob talk? I thought I saw him tweet this exact same thing yesterday as one of his *Breaking News* garbage tweets.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Yeah I had included that but somehow it got deleted when I was writing the post. It was supposed to say that the final three years are a player option.

Yeah its a player option and I also heard that he has a clause in his contract that wont allow the team to "Franchise Tag" him. First of all, thats a terrible GM move by Mike Tannenbaum. Second, hes all but gone and searching for a new team next year.

That said, I think having Revis and Harris as our starting corners for the next 5 years sounds AWESOME and gets me really excited about the future. I just dont think its worth the headache he brings with his contract issues, year-after-year.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
Teams that have been linked to Revis are the Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, Seahawks, and Packers, according to Freeman. You can rule out a trade with the division rival Patriots and Bills.

Bring him in with Ed Reed! Haha just kidding but that would be pretty... unreal...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks? Lol that's not going to happen. Most of those seem like pipe dreams actually. Denver would actually be the best fit I think of those listed(maybe Buffalo) but I don't know if it would work out financially. I wonder if we would consider ditching Champ if we got Revis.

I am still not convinced the Jets are actually going to trade Revis.
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Isnt this just Incarcerated Bob talk? I thought I saw him tweet this exact same thing yesterday as one of his *Breaking News* garbage tweets.

The guys a loser, but he's gotten too much right in the two years I've followed him to not give it a little attention when I see "Broncos" listed in the interest... and rotoworld just backed it up, so he got the part down about us inquiring, which isn't just a "anyone can put that together, it's logic type tweet" - we have 3 very good corners on our roster and a solid rookie, and we're up against the cap - so if you're making "educated guesses" you're probably not throwing the Broncos out there.
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
Teams that have been linked to Revis are the Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, Seahawks, and Packers, according to Freeman. You can rule out a trade with the division rival Patriots and Bills.

Bring him in with Ed Reed! Haha just kidding but that would be pretty... unreal...

Would be a huge get for the Packers or 9ers.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone worry about Revis' reputation as a "me-first" player? I do.

That's fine when you're part of a dysfunctional franchise with a loudmouth HC. I don't see that flying well on John Elway's team and in John Fox's and Peyton Manning's lockerroom.

Let's also remember he holds out just about every year and to prevent that we'd have to give him $14-$16m a year and he's had two ACL injuries.

bhslinebacker wrote:
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Does anyone worry about Revis' reputation as a "me-first" player? I do.

That's fine when you're part of a dysfunctional franchise with a loudmouth HC. I don't see that flying well on John Elway's team and in John Fox's and Peyton Manning's lockerroom.

Let's also remember he holds out just about every year and to prevent that we'd have to give him $14-$16m a year and he's had two ACL injuries.

I can't stand his yearly hold out. I said it before, I'd be happy if he came, that's a huge get. At the same time, I'm not going to be unhappy if he's not here.

If we're in on it, there's a plan for the cap. It's very easy to manipulate the cap and create room, we see teams every year make head scratching moves against the cap and still wiggle their way under (Jets and Sanchez last year).
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I said it before, I'd be happy if he came, that's a huge get. At the same time, I'm not going to be unhappy if he's not here.

That's how I feel as well.

elliot878 wrote:
If we're in on it, there's a plan for the cap. It's very easy to manipulate the cap and create room, we see teams every year make head scratching moves against the cap and still wiggle their way under (Jets and Sanchez last year).

Or the Cowboys every year.

bhslinebacker wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: