Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis Island
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Revis Island Reply with quote

The Broncos need to give up their #1 draft pick for Darrelle Revis. How freaking rad would that be? You wouldn't necessarily need to move Champ to Safety just yet, but you could. That would be a formidable defensive backfield, with Chris Harris, Darrelle Revis, and Champ back there.

Then to sum up the rest of the defense, the Broncos could nab a Minter in the 2nd round to play MLB. And, they could sign or draft another DT.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Revis Island Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
The Broncos need to give up their #1 draft pick for Darrelle Revis. How freaking rad would that be? You wouldn't necessarily need to move Champ to Safety just yet, but you could. That would be a formidable defensive backfield, with Chris Harris, Darrelle Revis, and Champ back there.

Then to sum up the rest of the defense, the Broncos could nab a Minter in the 2nd round to play MLB. And, they could sign or draft another DT.

I would do it in a heartbeat.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! It would be the next big splash after the Manning signing last year. And, I don't think giving up a 25th overall pick would be that big of deal for the best CB in the league. The Broncos did give up their best RB one time for the best CB in the league awhile ago and that worked out well.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't do it. He's going to command a ton of money, for one, and that's money we simply don't have. Two, I think Revis is good, but I don't think he's this demigod that a lot of people do.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I wouldn't do it. He's going to command a ton of money, for one, and that's money we simply don't have. Two, I think Revis is good, but I don't think he's this demigod that a lot of people do.

I am not going to let fiscal responsibility burst my bubble of Madden-like daydreaming.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

I agree that we shouldnt do it, only because of the money he will command, year after year. He is so caught up in the money aspect of the game that it doesnt seem worth it to sign him to a mega-contract. He signed 3 contract extensions with the Jets before his rookie deal even ran out. Thats just stupid.

Athletically speaking, hes a top-10 player in this league. If it was for the player, Im down to trade for him every year. Hes still in his prime and is the best CB in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will never happen, but since we're playing Madden: Champ, Revis, Harris, Carter. Damn. And while we're at it, I think Ed Reed's a FA after this year. He's getting older, but he's still pretty damn good (when he's healthy).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
Will never happen, but since we're playing Madden: Champ, Revis, Harris, Carter. Damn. And while we're at it, I think Ed Reed's a FA after this year. He's getting older, but he's still pretty damn good (when he's healthy).

Dont forget to throw in Urlacher and Freeney as Free Agents.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk where the money is coming from but I do know we're in on Revis. Also it won't take a 1st.... Well maybe with us it will because we pick so late, but it likely won't take a 1st, from what I'm hearing on radio (Cowherd).

I'm a fan of Revis on the field, can't stand his yearly contract holdout though. Ill be happy if he comes, but I won't be unhappy if he doesn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Idk where the money is coming from but I do know we're in on Revis. Also it won't take a 1st.... Well maybe with us it will because we pick so late, but it likely won't take a 1st, from what I'm hearing on radio (Cowherd).

I'm a fan of Revis on the field, can't stand his yearly contract holdout though. Ill be happy if he comes, but I won't be unhappy if he doesn't.

Wait what? How do you know were in on him?

Thanks, Tzimisce
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing Clady and Revis would leave us with zero cap room. Uhh no. Not to mention his yearly holdout.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis and a 3rd for Revis. That should clear some cap room, shouldn't it?

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Elvis and a 3rd for Revis. That should clear some cap room, shouldn't it?
Yeah it would, Elvis' total cap hit next season is almost $17 million (not sure how much would be dead money), which is much more than Revis' $9 million salary next year. He would likely want a new contract, though.

I wouldn't be opposed to your idea. Doom's obscene contract makes him a bit unattractive though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Exactly how I feel. He's a damn good player don't get me wrong but he's way over-hyped by ESPN & Co because he has a big mouth and plays in NYC. Plus, I've always viewed Revis as something of a "me-first" player, that's not the type of person Elway and Fox want on the team.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, here are the cap hits of Revis' contract. He's actually pretty affordable.

2013: $9million
2014: $6million
2015: $6million
2016: $6million

But knowing Revis as we all do, I'm sure he will demand a boost in salary (or will hold out) from his new team. If we were to trade for him I assume we would do something like Shanahan did when he traded for Champ, have agreed to terms of a new contract before the trade becomes official.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: