Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Harbowl Round: Rayvens vs Gold Miners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this the Ravens year (to win it all)?
Yes
73%
 73%  [ 46 ]
No
26%
 26%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 63

Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
Yeah I dont see a starting caliber FS on the team right now. Too bad Jarius Byrd will be too expensive Sad

There's a star caliber safety on our roster. His name is Lardarius Webb. The only question is whether it's the best place to utilize him. Star cornerbacks are hyped up in today's game, but history shows that great safety play = great defense.

And it's definitely much easier to get a good CB than it is to get a good FS. Webb has the ballhawking instincts, the coverage and tackling ability to play in that position. We'll have to see what his mobility is like when he comes back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe Jimmy Smith will become a really good corner (cb, wr and qb are the positions where it usually takes a few years to develop), that's why I think we could get away with shifting Webb.
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
Yeah I dont see a starting caliber FS on the team right now. Too bad Jarius Byrd will be too expensive Sad

There's a star caliber safety on our roster. His name is Lardarius Webb. The only question is whether it's the best place to utilize him. Star cornerbacks are hyped up in today's game, but history shows that great safety play = great defense.

You don't convert a Top 10 corner into a FS just because you feel like it.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

And it's definitely much easier to get a good CB than it is to get a good FS. Webb has the ballhawking instincts, the coverage and tackling ability to play in that position. We'll have to see what his mobility is like when he comes back.

Webb is more than just a good corner though. He's great. It's not easy at all to find those kinds of players.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
If Ed doesn't come back, I don't think we have an in-house starting FS right now. We'll either draft one or get a cheap one via Free Agency.

Sure we do and he his my number one choice, Lardarius Webb.

That could certainly be an option, if Webb indeed has the skills to be a FS, kind of reminds me of Earl Thomas in that he's undersized but rangy and good ball skills.

So that would make our corners:

Graham
Smith
Brown
...?

Meh, I don't like that. If Webb moves to FS I would want Cary Williams back.

I completely agree. Bringing Cary back would definitely be ideal if Webb were to move to FS and something I hope for but if it comes down to it, I think we could make do even without him. Drafting a solid corner wouldn't be as hard as drafting a starting FS and if Cary can't be brought back I'd be comfortable with a starting duo of Smith and Graham.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these options sound awful TBH. We already have one of the best safeties in the game who wants to back here. So lets get a rookie and say, "go start at safety for the Baltimore Ravens." Or sign someone cheap like they aren't cheap for a reason. Or move one of the best corners in the game from that position.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
All these options sound awful TBH. We already have one of the best safeties in the game who wants to back here. So lets get a rookie and say, "go start at safety for the Baltimore Ravens." Or sign someone cheap like they aren't cheap for a reason. Or move one of the best corners in the game from that position.

Yeah all of these moves remind of stuff people do in Madden, not real life. I love Webb at corner, because it allows us to make Cary Williams expendable. If Ed wants to come back and is willing to do so at the right price, by all means sign him back, but we need to think about the future at safety.

I think Webb/Graham/Smith/Brown are our CB's next year, and I like that foursome especially with Asa Jackson in the mix as well.

I also like the prospect of Christian Thompson and Omar Brown though.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Integrity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at M&T Bank Stadium this morning, but was called away for work. Evil or Very Mad

I had to drive all the way down to PG county, so I stopped by FedEx Field and took a picture. I uploaded it to Facebook with the caption "Hey, where's the parade?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

Webb is more than just a good corner though. He's great. It's not easy at all to find those kinds of players.

I still think it's easier than finding good FS in today's game. And if you've got a FS with the qualities of Ed Reed or (potentially) Lardarius Webb, it gives you a little more leeway at corner because you've got that guy giving help as well.

I definitely think it's worth the Ravens exploring that option, unless they can draft a FS who can look to start right out of the gate.

If they can find a FS then keep Webb where he is. Or if the CBs on the roster aren't up to snuff, then muddle through with Ihedigbo, Thompson or a cheap veteran for a year.

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

And players don't last forever. Ed will be 35, with a lengthy injury history and a body that is prone to picking up knocks that can limit his effectiveness. Just when do the Ravens start thinking about the long term future? When Ed is limping around back there on one leg with his arm in a sling?

If Ed wants a lot of money to come back, then I think the Ravens have to do the responsible thing for the future of the franchise and tell him no. It hurts to think of it, but sometimes you cannot let emotion overrule sense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

And players don't last forever. Ed will be 35, with a lengthy injury history and a body that is prone to picking up knocks that can limit his effectiveness. Just when do the Ravens start thinking about the long term future? When Ed is limping around back there on one leg with his arm in a sling?

If Ed wants a lot of money to come back, then I think the Ravens have to do the responsible thing for the future of the franchise and tell him no. It hurts to think of it, but sometimes you cannot let emotion overrule sense.

Ed was good this year and made it through the season fine while being a big contributor to us winning a Super Bowl. We don't need to tell the best FS ever to walk because one day he won't be good anymore.

You can start thinking about it now. Keep Ed and draft a safety. We are always good because we don't put all of our eggs in the baskets of rookies. We draft players and they get on the field when they are the best option.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco is really nailing all the interviews. I thought he'd be a little uncomfortable or awkward, but he is truly 'Joe Cool'.
mcdni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Flacco is really nailing all the interviews. I thought he'd be a little uncomfortable or awkward, but he is truly 'Joe Cool'.

I thought he was great on NFL Network in the post game stuff. He was really funny and totally relaxed in front of the camera. He just acted and sounded like this was his team now and his time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

I've always thought that Joe is a lot funnier and has more personality than many people give him credit for. It's alway seemed to me like he's wryly aware of how people think he's dull and boring, and so plays that up a little because he knows it bugs people.

He hits some great little one liners (which work really well because he's so deadpan), has a nice line in laconic charm. But because he doesn't yell or get worked up all the time, people think he's boring.

Just watched the Letterman interview, and I thought he came across really well. Relaxed, comfortable, but also aware of how ridiculous the whole celebrity thing is.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of your politics, this was a very cool moment:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Phone_Call_From_President_Obama/80bfa642-5d69-431f-8783-f325ee7d83ba

You can tell how much it meant to Ozzie.

Hoping they release a Super Bowl episode of One Winning Drive soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Regardless of your politics, this was a very cool moment:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Phone_Call_From_President_Obama/80bfa642-5d69-431f-8783-f325ee7d83ba

You can tell how much it meant to Ozzie.

Hoping they release a Super Bowl episode of One Winning Drive soon.

Yes, this was pretty sweet. I was smiling from ear to ear when watching this. It's just all so crazy. It's like I keep finding ways to forget that we just won the Super Bowl until I'm reminded by something incredible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: