Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Harbowl Round: Rayvens vs Gold Miners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this the Ravens year (to win it all)?
Yes
73%
 73%  [ 46 ]
No
26%
 26%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 63

hemm68

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
JROD82891 wrote:
http://deadspin.com/5979970/

A series of interesting maps showing how the country was divided as the playoffs progressed. Alot of doubters, but that LOMBARDI is coming back to BALTIMORE!

God. What a Season.

It also shows where the Ravens Nation resides

Hey that little ravens dot in northern Minnesota is me!
StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
Reed was talking like he would be back next year. Still dont think he will be
Yeah, he was definitely caught up in the moment, but at the same time, I do think he wants to come back with us more than he wants to be anywhere else. Especially after the way this season ended. Harbaugh said he and Ed talked on the bus after the game and agreed that both sides want Ed to be back in Baltimore next year.

But Ozzie didn't build a juggernaut by making decisions based on emotion: Right player, right price. Ed will probably have to take something of a discount, or we'll have to get creative with the contract structure, to bring him back.

Wouldn't rule it out, though. I could see a scenario where some restructures allow us to give out new contracts to Flacco, Ellerbe, and Reed, and to me that would be the best case scenario for this offseason. Ed is still extremely valuable to this team as a leader and as our deep zone deterrent. And on a more personal level, I would love to see Ed continue to climb up the career INT chart and break the postseason INT record in a Ravens uniform. Ogden never suited up in anything but Ravens purple, and we did Ray's last ride right. Let's get things right for HOF'er #3 as well.

Completely agree, Kruger is as good as gone, I expect him to be a Colt after they release or trade Freeney. Ellerbe being resigned is a must and should be more of a priority than Ed. All of us would agree seeing Ed in a different jersey would be strange and just down right disgusting (especially if it's the Pats)

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed to the Colts, wouldn't upset me in the slightest. Great friends with Reggie Wayne, Pagano and alot of ex-Ravens. Plus the cap space to pay him what he deserves.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
Reed to the Colts, wouldn't upset me in the slightest. Great friends with Reggie Wayne, Pagano and alot of ex-Ravens. Plus the cap space to pay him what he deserves.

If he doesn't resign than that's where I hope he signs. Pats or Saints (for some reason I just hate the Saints) would be bad to me. Once again especially the Pats

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who starts at free safety? Ihedigbo? Thompson? The only other good option I see out there that we MAYBE could afford is Louis Delmas.

Free Ray Rice
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

If he doesn't resign than that's where I hope he signs. Pats or Saints (for some reason I just hate the Saints) would be bad to me. Once again especially the Pats

I'd like to add the Jets to that list of destinations that would irritate me. Mainly cause I'm surrounded by their fans.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
So who starts at free safety? Ihedigbo? Thompson? The only other good option I see out there that we MAYBE could afford is Louis Delmas.

I think the Ravens would have to draft a free safety, fairly early in the draft. Ihedigbo is a serviceable backup, but I wouldn't want to see him starting at FS and having to read plays and cover receivers.

No idea what to expect of Christian Thompson, but I don't recall him ever getting close to the field this season, before he was put on IR. Maybe he had a few special teams plays, but nothing outstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I think we'd likely bring in a cheap veteran to fill the hole and compete unless we found one early in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ed doesn't come back, I don't think we have an in-house starting FS right now. We'll either draft one or get a cheap one via Free Agency.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I think the Ravens would have to draft a free safety, fairly early in the draft. Ihedigbo is a serviceable backup, but I wouldn't want to see him starting at FS and having to read plays and cover receivers.

No idea what to expect of Christian Thompson, but I don't recall him ever getting close to the field this season, before he was put on IR. Maybe he had a few special teams plays, but nothing outstanding.

I agree. There would be a big hole to fill and they couldn't afford to wait and hope that somebody falls in the draft. Baltimore isn't going to be a player in free agency so I don't think that's a viable option to bring in anybody that's at least serviceable.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I dont see a starting caliber FS on the team right now. Too bad Jarius Byrd will be too expensive Sad

BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
If Ed doesn't come back, I don't think we have an in-house starting FS right now. We'll either draft one or get a cheap one via Free Agency.

Sure we do and he his my number one choice, Lardarius Webb.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That could certainly be an option, if Webb indeed has the skills to be a FS, kind of reminds me of Earl Thomas in that he's undersized but rangy and good ball skills.

So that would make our corners:

Graham
Smith
Brown
...?

Meh, I don't like that. If Webb moves to FS I would want Cary Williams back.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That's another choice, which I wouldn't be against if the Ravens have other CBs who can start and be effective.

Corey Graham and Jimmy Smith might be able to form a good starting duo, with Chykie Brown behind them, but they'll all need to step up their game to allow for Webb to play at FS.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
Yeah I dont see a starting caliber FS on the team right now. Too bad Jarius Byrd will be too expensive Sad

There's a star caliber safety on our roster. His name is Lardarius Webb. The only question is whether it's the best place to utilize him. Star cornerbacks are hyped up in today's game, but history shows that great safety play = great defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: