Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Harbowl Round: Rayvens vs Gold Miners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this the Ravens year (to win it all)?
Yes
73%
 73%  [ 46 ]
No
26%
 26%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 63

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we gotta play disciplined assignment defense. Everyone be where they are supposed to. I think Kaepernick is an elite passer as well as a runner and if we try to take any shortcuts to take one aspect of his game away he will shred us.

Free Ray Rice
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think we gotta play disciplined assignment defense. Everyone be where they are supposed to. I think Kaepernick is an elite passer as well as a runner and if we try to take any shortcuts to take one aspect of his game away he will shred us.

I don't think Kaepernick is an elite passer at all. Good passer? Yes. Elite? No.

However, I do think if we take shortcuts he will shred us. If we just played disciplined football, maybe do some creative line stunts where everyone crashes left and we bring a blitzing DB from the right to cause havok, we can do get him uncomfortable and make him force some passes.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Yup. Ellerbe is going to be a HUGE factor in this game, I would think, as with his speed he'll be be the one tasked with keeping an eye on Kaepernick on the zone-reads and such.

Upshaw has only played 10-15 snaps a game the past 2 weeks because of how much nickel we played against Brady and Manning, but against the Niners I think he'll have a huge role to play. If Suggs and Upshaw can set the edge well on either side, that will go a long way towards containing Kaepernick.

Preparation will be very similar to the Washington game with RG3. Gap discipline, commnication, and trusting your teammates will be the name of the game.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Yup. Ellerbe is going to be a HUGE factor in this game, I would think, as with his speed he'll be be the one tasked with keeping an eye on Kaepernick on the zone-reads and such I would think.

Upshaw has only played 10-15 snaps a game the past 2 weeks because of how much nickel we played against Brady and Manning, but against the Niners I think he'll have a huge role to play. If Suggs and Upshaw can set the edge well on either side, that will go a long way towards containing Kaepernick.

Preparation will be very similar to the Washington game with RG3. Gap discipline, commnication, and trusting your teammates will be the name of the game.

Yeah, in terms of the usage of Upshaw/Kruger, I'd still like to see Kruger saved for 3rd downs and obvious passing situations. We need Kruger to apply pressure and lots of pressure from the right side because I don't like Suggs against Staley.

OH, another key matchup will be Ngata vs. Iupati. Last week, Iupati was destroyed by the Falcons' DT's and if Ngata can bull rush him like they bull rushed him and used pass rushing moves last week, Kaep will be screwed.

SteelKing728 wrote:

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Ngata usually line up over RG? I feel like I barely ever see him over the LG?

Free Ray Rice
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Doesn't Ngata usually line up over RG? I feel like I barely ever see him over the LG?

No, he does both. I specifically remember plays against the Pats where McPhee was against the RG and Ngata was against the C/LG.

SteelKing728 wrote:

JROD82891

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling there's going to be someone who steps their game up on the big stage that we least expect. I'm thinking Jimmy comes up big with a pick 6, McPhee with a sack and a FF, or Tandon Doss with a crucial go ahead TD with a minute left.

24-20 Ravens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens will win 35-21!

Our dream shall be realized!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
StRawz11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely confident for this game.

34 - 24 Ravens. Close game for 3 quarters, then the Ravens pull away in the 4th

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens 24
49ers 13

B Pierce with the go-ahead TD mid-way 4th Quarter
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still cannot believe the Ravens are in the Superbowl.

As long as Flacco can continue his hot streak and the defense doesn't get shredded by the run game, I think the Lombardi is coming back to Baltimore.

Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we are still pretty far away from the big day, but this video just got me so amped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Touji5s7q68

GO RAVENS!!
kmvoss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of hate going Ray-Ray's way is pretty funny. The religious subtext to a lot of what he says is trolling the heck out of our fallen opponent's fanbases. I love it.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, remember this? Laughing

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/06/steelers-olb-lamarr-woodley-joe-flaccos-ravens-wont-go-to-super-bowl-in-this-lifetime/1#.UQMa56Mw5VU
JROD82891

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Guys, remember this? Laughing

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/06/steelers-olb-lamarr-woodley-joe-flaccos-ravens-wont-go-to-super-bowl-in-this-lifetime/1#.UQMa56Mw5VU

I printed this out and hung it up in all of coworkers' (steeler fans) cubes. It's great. He should've worked more on getting his fat--- in shape so he doesnt pull a hammy every 3 games, rather than worry about Flacco.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35

Jump to: