Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I died a little bit inside watching this......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13178
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
It actually is humbling a little. Seeing all the negatives that have happened throughout the years. It will soon change, we all have blind faith and that's why we are the dawg pound. We are loyal to our team good or bad. We are this teams best friend.


Unfortunately, we are the better looking friend. Hope that changes soon.

We are a good friend. Always there when they need us. Cheer them on in good times, critique them in bad. Loan them money when they need it. Never hit on their sister (Bengals). When they leave us, we find a new friend and call them our old friends name and talk about the great times we had back in the day even though they weren't really even there.

I think we need psychological help.


This thread is gonna be good.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25350
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Run William Run and the playoffs never happened? And the season of dreams wasn't highlighted once.

The only positive highlight they showed was Peyton Hillis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 4742
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Did we ever find out why george kokinis was fired? I remember hearing that he was escorted out of the building by the cops


Rumor has it that he mussed up Mangini's hair the way the Cowboys did to Jimmy Johnson at the end of the Super Bowl.




Seriously though....

Being almost 50 (and having been alive the last time they won it all {OK...I was a year old})...I remember when things were "good." Yes, bad luck befell us at bad times (won't rehash)....but we were a team that was pretty consistently a pretty good team.

That certainly hasn't been the case over the last 13 seasons.

The way I took this video is that it is sort of a catharsis....a cleansing....something that 50 year old guys end up knowing all too much about. I think that this was an opportunity for us to "purge" ourselves of the "Lerner era" and begin anew with Mr. Haslem.

I'm pretty darned excited about where the team is now, and can't wait to see the way things go next.
_________________

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...Now I'm ready for some HEAVY PETTINE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13178
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Did we ever find out why george kokinis was fired? I remember hearing that he was escorted out of the building by the cops


No but I'd love to know.

I bet Mangini just ran him out of town and they needed to have cause to fire him, so they made something up.

I'm not sure exactly.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2075
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Did we ever find out why george kokinis was fired? I remember hearing that he was escorted out of the building by the cops


Seriously though....

Being almost 50 (and having been alive the last time they won it all {OK...I was a year old})...I remember when things were "good." Yes, bad luck befell us at bad times (won't rehash)....but we were a team that was pretty consistently a pretty good team.

That certainly hasn't been the case over the last 13 seasons.

The way I took this video is that it is sort of a catharsis....a cleansing....something that 50 year old guys end up knowing all too much about. I think that this was an opportunity for us to "purge" ourselves of the "Lerner era" and begin anew with Mr. Haslem.

I'm pretty darned excited about where the team is now, and can't wait to see the way things go next.


I have to agree with Bucketheadsdad. Since I'm old enough to remember the good times, this video just makes things feel as if the time has come to just finally move on and start winning.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12135
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13178
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


So. True. LOL
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
MarkPrice25


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 983
Location: Bowling Green, OH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing some of that older footage was pretty cool.

But I think that last bit from Jimmy Haslam sums it up:

"There's no reason why this can't be a winning franchise."
_________________

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4965
Location: WV
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


You said the same thing about the draft, the Indians, this forum, the color yellow, shoelaces, sheep...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12135
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


You said the same thing about the draft, the Indians, this forum, the color yellow, shoelaces, sheep...



HEY IN MY DEFENSE THAT SHEEP WAS HOT AND BEGGING FOR IT!
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4965
Location: WV
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


You said the same thing about the draft, the Indians, this forum, the color yellow, shoelaces, sheep...



HEY IN MY DEFENSE THAT SHEEP WAS HOT AND BEGGING FOR IT!

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15127
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


You said the same thing about the draft, the Indians, this forum, the color yellow, shoelaces, sheep...



HEY IN MY DEFENSE THAT SHEEP WAS HOT AND BEGGING FOR IT!


Baaa Baaa Means bring it on big guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13178
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


You said the same thing about the draft, the Indians, this forum, the color yellow, shoelaces, sheep...



HEY IN MY DEFENSE THAT SHEEP WAS HOT AND BEGGING FOR IT!


Baaa Baaa Means bring it on big guy.


is that legal in New Zealand?
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12135
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


You said the same thing about the draft, the Indians, this forum, the color yellow, shoelaces, sheep...



HEY IN MY DEFENSE THAT SHEEP WAS HOT AND BEGGING FOR IT!


Baaa Baaa Means bring it on big guy.


is that legal in New Zealand?


Well they do have more sheep than people
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4965
Location: WV
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I see the browns kinda as a big boobed bartender, now you go to happy hour week in and week out hoping that this will be the week that she gives you her number, as the night goes on you have your up times when she is paying attention to just you and you feel ontop of the world, and then you have your times when no matter what she ignore you and the creepy old bartender gets you all your drinks. All the meanwhile your just hoping that she will do enough shots with you so that after last call she wills me some bad decisions with you, when in reality all that ever happens is at the end of the night is your left holding a 70 dollar bar tab your near blackout and on the walk home your constantly complaining to your friends about her.

That is being a browns fan Laughing


You said the same thing about the draft, the Indians, this forum, the color yellow, shoelaces, sheep...



HEY IN MY DEFENSE THAT SHEEP WAS HOT AND BEGGING FOR IT!


Baaa Baaa Means bring it on big guy.


is that legal in New Zealand?


Well they do have more sheep than people


I don't know how accurate that is though, they probably counted them right before going to sleep.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group