Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of mortgaging a huge portion of our salary cap space now and in the foreseeable future by trading for Revis then signing him to a long term deal.

Just some contractual details I found :

According to the contract information I have found, it looks like the last 3 years (2014, 2015, and 2016) are voidable. I am not sure what triggers that, whether it is a player option or performance/playing time trigger. In 2013, Revis is due $3,000,000 in base salary with $6,000,000 in misc bonuses ($1,000,000 workout bonus + $1,000,000 roster bonus due 3/16 + $1,000,000 reporting bonus).

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TheRedSea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Best cover corner in the league and all we have to do is drop back 7 spots? I'll surely take it. BUT, there are so many red flags surrounding this guy, (and his knee being the least important one believe it or not) that I just don't know if he's worth it. Holdout after holdout with this guy.

Thats what im saying, revis will cut a field in half people. Really? Id move down in a hurry just because of a knee injury? Charles, Berry are in the pro bowl folks. Technology has changed, the only reason would be if revis didnt want a 4yr contract would I not do this deal. Yes, we lose on a possible qb but we need more talent and adding the best man on man corner is awesome. Bowe should be franchised & traded to rams or dolphins for a second. Greg Jennings will be avail and should follow dorsey.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedSea wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Best cover corner in the league and all we have to do is drop back 7 spots? I'll surely take it. BUT, there are so many red flags surrounding this guy, (and his knee being the least important one believe it or not) that I just don't know if he's worth it. Holdout after holdout with this guy.

Thats what im saying, revis will cut a field in half people. Really? Id move down in a hurry just because of a knee injury? Charles, Berry are in the pro bowl folks. Technology has changed, the only reason would be if revis didnt want a 4yr contract would I not do this deal. Yes, we lose on a possible qb but we need more talent and adding the best man on man corner is awesome. Bowe should be franchised & traded to rams or dolphins for a second. Greg Jennings will be avail and should follow dorsey.

If you want to sign Revis long term think along the lines of 12 - 15 M$ annually, with 50+ M$ guaranteed on a 6 year deal.
The only team I can imagine being in a position to do something like that is Indianapolis. The guys up there are in a good cap position now they have Manning completely off their books.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather get something like Albert + Bowe + a guy like Sam Shields or DRC than just Revis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
I would much rather get something like Albert + Bowe + a guy like Sam Shields or DRC than just Revis

We could get Revis with just losing Bowe. I'm still not sure how much I like the idea though. I'mworking on an offseason right now that shows what it would look like.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

We could get Revis with just losing Bowe. I'm still not sure how much I like the idea though. I'mworking on an offseason right now that shows what it would look like.

Nope, you can't. I think there'll be a 4-5 M$ difference between those two. Annually. I'll be surprised if Bowe sees anything close to the Brandon Carr contract. And Revis is going to make a whole bunch more.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an interesting tweek to that one:

ESPN New York reports there is a "small segment" of the Jets' organization that would prefer to trade Antonio Cromartie over Darrelle Revis.
Cromartie is coming off a career-best year where he was asked to cover the offense's No. 1 receiver in Revis' absence. He also has two years left on his deal, and his trade value has never been higher. Due $9.5 million in 2013, the Jets would only take a cap hit of $2.5 million by trading Cromartie, instead of the $12 million hit they'd endure for dealing Revis. Cromartie is due a $2.3 million roster bonus on March 14, so a deal would have to be struck before then. Rex Ryan is believed to be of the contingent that supports trading Cromartie instead of Revis.[/b]

Cromartie is signed through 2014 for approx. 9.5 M$ annually (base & roster bonus).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: