Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Jets won't trade him unless they get the offer they want. And by the looks of what you guys are proposing, that's not gonna cut it. You can't lowball for the only shut-down cornerback in the league, it just doesn't work that way. Even if he is coming off an ACL tear (which is hardly a big deal with modern medicine) and wants a new contract, he is worth more than what you are proposing.

Look at the haul that Jared Allen netted. That would be good a starting point.

How about 600 1st round picks for Revis and your 2013 7th?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Its GO Time Reply with quote

D Bowe Swap First round picks, 3rd this year 2nd next year For Revis and a 3rd rounder. they get there big play WR plus some draft room. The Jets cannot really afford much else. I think this is a fair for a guy coming off season ending injury. I also view this as a MUST for KC because we can clearly be a top 3 defense against the pass. The window is closing for our defense.

I understand Reid and Dorsey will be bringing in fresh new additions with young talent. I still believe the window is closing for us with the talent we have.

Te'o with the Jets pick. BOOM 2 key additions to our defense. Yes I watched Te'o miss plays in the biggest game of his life.. also he lied about the GF thing. Although I really believe that will not hurt his draft stock..

So let the hating comment begin lol
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Its GO Time Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
D Bowe Swap First round picks, 3rd this year 2nd next year For Revis and a 3rd rounder. they get there big play WR plus some draft room. The Jets cannot really afford much else. I think this is a fair for a guy coming off season ending injury. I also view this as a MUST for KC because we can clearly be a top 3 defense against the pass. The window is closing for our defense.

I understand Reid and Dorsey will be bringing in fresh new additions with young talent. I still believe the window is closing for us with the talent we have.

Te'o with the Jets pick. BOOM 2 key additions to our defense. Yes I watched Te'o miss plays in the biggest game of his life.. also he lied about the GF thing. Although I really believe that will not hurt his draft stock..

How exactly does an organization trade an unrestricted free agent?

That proposal is interesting, but instead of extending Revis, we would have to extend Bowe. I'd rather extend one of the best CB's in the history of the NFL than a fringe top 10 WR.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
axel39leavell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Its GO Time Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:

So the Jets would get Bowe, the #1 pick in the draft, the Chiefs 3rd rounder, and a future 2nd rounder..

And the Chiefs would get Revis, the 9th pick, and a worse 3rd round pick.

Hmmm

I think that's giving up a bit too much for my comfort. I think it'd be a fair trade if the Chiefs didn't have to give up that future second.

Actually, I think the Jets should give more. Maybe include another 2nd or 3rd rounder. Again, the Chiefs would not be giving a 2nd.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Contract Holdouts: Red flag
Torn ACL: Red flag
Unrestricted after this season: Red flag
Wants $60M guaranteed: Red flag
Wants $10M per season: Red flag
Jets want to move him rather than negotiate again: Red flag

This would never happen.

None of those are red flags in the classic sense. Contract holdouts happen, especially when you're the best player in the game at your position and you're being underpaid. What's he supposed to do? Continue to play and hope he doesn't hurt his neck before he gets guaranteed money? Wants 10MM, 60MM guaranteed...that's kind of standard for the cream of the crop at CB. Yeah the ACL tear is notable, but without a long-term injury concern (like not having cartilage in one of his knees) it's not a 'don't sign the guy' red flag.

When I think of red flags I think of character/ethical concerns, serious medical concerns, disinterested or non-competitive make-ups, drug/alcohol use, etc.

`
shanekc88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Its GO Time Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
shanekc88 wrote:

How exactly does an organization trade an unrestricted free agent?

That proposal is interesting, but instead of extending Revis, we would have to extend Bowe. I'd rather extend one of the best CB's in the history of the NFL than a fringe top 10 WR.

Sign and trade deal. great point I cant believe I did not think of that lol. although I feel this would be a draft day trade. So possibly we resign Bowe.. I understand it is asking a lot but in reality we are getting the best CB in the game. We have Peyton in our division with 2 legit WR targets. I feel we need to wow the Jets with this trade.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if we need a cb that bad, I would rather trade our 2nd for alex smith, flynn or some other good quarterback, then trade our number 1 back for someone elses number 1 plus their 2nd and another pick and then use our first round pick on the best available cornerback available in the draft and then use our 2nd or 3rd on another quarterback. I really do not want revis and his baggage.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading for Revis would only marginally help our total defense and would tie up roughly 20% of our cap on one position not named QB. It's a luxury we cannot afford.

Also, this is a very deep CB class. While there's no Revis, there's a lot of guys that are 2nd/3rd rounders that could be great #2 CBs, and that's all we need.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Taylor916

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would very much agree, I want qb to be a top priority and would like geno, however nick foles and alex smith interest me. I wonder what jets dude would want for foles. Alex smith would probably cost our 2nd rounder minimum and I wouldn't give that for foles.
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather sign DRC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Trading for Revis would only marginally help our total defense and would tie up roughly 20% of our cap on one position not named QB. It's a luxury we cannot afford.

Also, this is a very deep CB class. While there's no Revis, there's a lot of guys that are 2nd/3rd rounders that could be great #2 CBs, and that's all we need.

That might be true, but if we sign Revis, he becomes the best player on the football field on 90 percent of plays. He's a rare breed of athlete. What if he's our Charles Woodson. Revis is a Top 8 player in the league when healthy. Big-time impact guy. Flowers is a phenomenal football player with our without him, but he might not be the game-changer Revis is. I understand being hesitant - how much can Revis help the worst team in football? - but we must not neglect just how talented he is.

`
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

That might be true, but if we sign Revis, he becomes the best player on the football field on 90 percent of plays. He's a rare breed of athlete. What if he's our Charles Woodson. Revis is a Top 8 player in the league when healthy. Big-time impact guy. Flowers is a phenomenal football player with our without him, but he might not be the game-changer Revis is. I understand being hesitant - how much can Revis help the worst team in football? - but we must not neglect just how talented he is.

`

Then who is our Rodgers?

Also, Revis is not nearly as versatile as Woodson is/was. He's better as a boundary CB covering WR's, but he's not 1/3 the blitzer, ball hawk, or tackler Woodson is. I don't think you'll ever have folks wanting Revis at nickel or FS at the end of his career. A better comparison would be Champ Bailey.

I'm not going to argue that Revis wouldn't be a huge upgrade at CB, but the salary cap means that kind of investment at one position almost always equates to a massive hole somewhere else, at least within a year or two (after roll over cap is gone, other's don't pan out, etc.).

I'd rather sign 3 very good guys (i.e. Bowe, Albert, and say DRC) then Revis, and have to settle for scraps at those other positions.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Ring of Fame wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

`

Then who is our Rodgers?

Also, Revis is not nearly as versatile as Woodson is/was. He's better as a boundary CB covering WR's, but he's not 1/3 the blitzer, ball hawk, or tackler Woodson is. I don't think you'll ever have folks wanting Revis at nickel or FS at the end of his career. A better comparison would be Champ Bailey.

Well I'm afraid our Rodgers isn't whoever we take at No. 1...

I think the best comparison for Revis is Deion Sanders. Huge lockdown ability, big-time playmaker with the ball in his hands, can take away a side of the field on reputation alone, etc. I was a huge 'don't sign Carr for 55MM guy' because IMO you throw around that kind of coin unless you're getting a Top 3 CB in the league. Period. This situation is different because you're getting arguably the best defensive back in the game. Yes you're making a huge investment, but in theory, you're betting on one of the surest stocks in the market. That's the gamble. If you're investment hits, you're a wealthy guy. If it crashes, well...

`
shanekc88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Struggle Reply with quote

Have to spend money if you want to win games. Have to spend top dollar at 4 positions if you want to win. QB,CB,DE,LT. Those are the most important positions in football IMO. I would rather trade 2 picks and player or d BoWe be cause you know what you getting rather then "hoping" this "deep" corner class hits. Again, I am adamant about this because it's a CB. Rather already know what I am getting then hoping someone hits. Reid will get his QB regardless no mater the cost or draft. Hunt knows this fan base is on edge (bringing in Reid and Dorsey cooled us down bit) in fact still angry. He needs to pull the trigger on this because we are 3 players away from a big run. QB,CB,ILB. I like Kendrick Lewis he is the passion player on our defense just needs to say healthy. Unless ED REED leaves Baltimore.. Then give him whatever he wants lol
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up our 2nd rounder in a heartbeat, and I don't see any reason not too. Revis is the best CB in this game. How are teams going to pass the ball at all on us with Revis, Flowers, and Berry in the secondary with Houston and Hali coming off the edge? Champ Bailey is 34 years old and still one of the best CB's in the game. If we could get 3/4 prime years out of Revis and 3/4 more solid years from him, the trade would be a huge success.

However, I'm not sure where he stands with his injury and contract situation, so this is just my initial reaction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: