Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade for Revis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how people will make the Adrian Peterson comparison to this. Revis is not Peterson. Peterson is an absolute freak of nature. He's a different animal.

Cb is different from rb. Both have difficult rodes to come back but cb you do a lot of planting and lateral movement. Look at Terrell Thomas. Not everyone comes back from these injuries the same player.

Also think about how much Revis will cost. Contract is up after 2013.
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I love how people will make the Adrian Peterson comparison to this. Revis is not Peterson. Peterson is an absolute freak of nature. He's a different animal.

Cb is different from rb. Both have difficult rodes to come back but cb you do a lot of planting and lateral movement. Look at Terrell Thomas. Not everyone comes back from these injuries the same player.

True but if he checks out with doctors and is cleared to play then I think it would be fine. Also he would have to restructure his contract to include provisions that protect the team from financial disaster if he can't recover fully and/or gets re-injured and some of his contract would have to be incentive based so he gets rewarded for staying healthy.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
scottonatable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would offer them our 3rd this year and our 3rd next year. Really we would be taking all the risks here. he will be 28 in july, take him on for one year 16 mill.

what if he gets hurt again? or what if he just decides not to resign with us?
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmaoooo you ppl have to stop this 3rd pick nonsense

Quote:
SI's Peter King says the Jets would "at least" want a first-round pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis.
Although trading Revis makes a lot of sense for the rebuilding Jets, it's going to take some creativity. Not only would a team have to give up a first-round pick for a player rehabbing an ACL tear, they'd also likely want a long-term commitment from Revis that extends beyond his 2013 contract year. And doing a deal like that won't be cheap. As King says, "good luck with that." Aside from Revis' elite skill set when healthy, one aspect of a potential trade is his affordable $6 million in 2013 scheduled pay. So perhaps a team would deal for Revis on his current contract rather than requiring an extension up front.
Source: Peter King on Twitter Jan 24 - 9:27 AM
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrelle Revis with one ACL is better than anything we'd be able to get at #13. I'd trade the 1st and another pick for him in a heartbeat.

The problem would be re-signing him, I'm sure he'd want to test FA.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Darrelle Revis with one ACL is better than anything we'd be able to get at #13. I'd trade the 1st and another pick for him in a heartbeat.

The problem would be re-signing him, I'm sure he'd want to test FA.

I'd trade for him, too. And we have the cap room to sign him.

Revis would wildly improve our defense.
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Is Wes Welker a freak too? Times have changed. ACL injuries aren't the career killers they used to be. Rehab is better.

Props to Eggy
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just evaluate this entire scenario here.

Jets all of a sudden want to trade Revis their best player after suffering a torn ACL.

They will command Atleast a first round pick. And any team that will bite and trade that first round pick will have to commit long term in te ball park of 14-15 million per year. Also he is a free agent after the 2013 season and under a clause in his current contract he cannot be franchised.

So tell me you have to commit yourself to all that fr a guy coming off a serious injury?

EDIT: so we pay a steep price for Revis. Means nothing if your bottom 5 in the league in sacks. So what does that do ?
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

EDIT: so we pay a steep price for Revis. Means nothing if your bottom 5 in the league in sacks. So what does that do ?

The pass rush wasn't the problem. Case in point, the Philly game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Explain why we were bottom 5 in sacks again? Both are areas of concern.

We couldn't generate squat the entire year up front. Philly had one of te worst olines in te league. And you point to one game?
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hard to get sacks when the WR is open in 0.6 seconds.

garbage
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

We couldn't generate squat the entire year up front. Philly had one of te worst olines in te league. And you point to one game?

So you want us to draft a DE at 13?

Props to Eggy
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Last time I checked the best teams draft BPA. I'm warming up to taking Sheldon Richardson or jonathon Hankins their. Both are disruptive. Hankins has very good first step and very strong. Excellent complimt to McCoy.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Our pass rush is not any good (Clayborn was injured/Bowers rushed back), but there were games where we got pressure and our DBs still sucked. Hell Revis with a torn ACL might be the best corner on our team. To say the pass rush is a big of concern as the corners is stupid.

Not saying we should trade for him, because there's a lot of uncertainty due to his injury.
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Last time I checked the best teams draft BPA. I'm warming up to taking Sheldon Richardson or jonathon Hankins their. Both are disruptive. Hankins has very good first step and very strong. Excellent complimt to McCoy.

What good is drafting them if we are at the bottom of the league in pass coverage?

(using your logic).

Props to Eggy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: