Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade for Revis?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Trade for Revis? Reply with quote

Quote:
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore" Darrelle Revis' trade market.
According to La Canfora, owner Woody Johnson has "strong reservations" about the team's ability to extend Revis beyond the final year of his contract next season, and wants to "attempt to land value for Revis now, rather than risk losing him" in free agency. It's a sign the Jets are dead serious about rebuilding and addressing their cap issues, but it would be strange timing to trade Revis, as he's coming off a torn ACL. Selling low on your best player isn't recommended in any sport. However, a clause in Revis' contract bars the Jets from using the franchise tag, so the danger of losing him next winter is real. Even coming off a major knee injury, interest in Revis should be robust if he's truly made available.

#13 and a 4th for Revis would be the most I'd give for him.
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post something about this. I agree, I wouldn't give up more than a 1st and a 4th. He's a true shutdown CB, but I worry about his ACL injury. But even a banged up Darrelle Revis is 5 times better than any CB we currently have on the roster. I would go for it. But I won't be terribly upset, nor surprised, if we don't.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade for Revis? Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Quote:
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore" Darrelle Revis' trade market.
According to La Canfora, owner Woody Johnson has "strong reservations" about the team's ability to extend Revis beyond the final year of his contract next season, and wants to "attempt to land value for Revis now, rather than risk losing him" in free agency. It's a sign the Jets are dead serious about rebuilding and addressing their cap issues, but it would be strange timing to trade Revis, as he's coming off a torn ACL. Selling low on your best player isn't recommended in any sport. However, a clause in Revis' contract bars the Jets from using the franchise tag, so the danger of losing him next winter is real. Even coming off a major knee injury, interest in Revis should be robust if he's truly made available.

#13 and a 4th for Revis would be the most I'd give for him.

It is a very interesting question. Push the health question aside, I thought I read in his contract the team couldn't franchise him after his contract runs out after next year.

Pretty much Revis would have great leverage in negotiating with any team he gets traded to if he gets dealt. Pay me or give up substantial assets for one season of playing the first year after ACL surgery. I'm really interested to see how the Revis situation plays out.

I think the Jets want to trade him though because I don't think they want to lose him for nothing after next year. However, it's the Jets, so who knows!! Very Happy
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wasn't coming off an ACL tear, I'd say, yes. Most definately.

However, CBs and ACL tears are very risky to judge. The amount of cuts and angles and running they do, we'll see how he heals.

Their';s a reason why this is brought up. Jets don't know how Revis is going to heal (you see Terrell Thomas in NYG, he tore his ACL 2 years in a row.). Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

I'd actually would stear clear on this one.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wasn't coming off an ACL tear, I'd say, yes. Most definately.

However, CBs and ACL tears are very risky to judge. The amount of cuts and angles and running they do, we'll see how he heals.

Their';s a reason why this is brought up. Jets don't know how Revis is going to heal (you see Terrell Thomas in NYG, he tore his ACL 2 years in a row.). Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

I'd actually would stear clear on this one.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets aren't confident in their best player enough to re-sign him, we shouldn't be. No thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
If the Jets aren't confident in their best player enough to re-sign him, we shouldn't be. No thanks.

Yeah. Revis is their Franchise Player. After he tears up his knee, they want to get rid of him?

It's fishy and it's the Jets. Pass
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A second and a fourth would be about right. Understandable for people to be worried, but at the same time they have to start dumping salary and he is by far going to be the most expensive piece they would have to pay. We wouldnt have to give up a 1st for him.

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys don't want to pay Bennett... wait until Revis wants $15 million per after giving up our 1st and 4th Very Happy

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd and a 4th. Do it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB Lardarius Webb came back from an ACL injury and was better than ever after a year. So with that said, I'm not really concerned about the risk. Its worth definitely a 2nd and a 4th for sure.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

I don't think it has much to do with their confidence in Revis as a player. They seem to be in full on rebuild mode because they are in cap hell. Coming off of an injury they would definitely be selling low on him, but it seems like they would rather do that then let him walk in free agency and only get a compensatory pick.

One thing to consider is that if a team traded for him he would have to pass a physical too. If there were still structural issues with the knee he wouldn't pass the physical. I don't see the injury being that much of a risk in a trade.

I would trade our 1st rounder and a 4th for Revis in a heartbeat.

EDIT - I'll also add this...

https://twitter.com/CommishOnline/status/294264938644516864

Quote:
New #Jets GM John Idzik was assistant GM for #Bucs from 2001-04 while #Bucs GM Mark Dominik was Director of Pro Personnel during same time.

Ultimately this is more of a pipe dream than anything else, but it's interesting to read that Dominik and Idzik have a relationship. Could make negotiating a deal easier.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind it. He's still one of the best CBs in the league. I would still support the Bucs taking a CB in the draft as well. I would give up our 1 for him. He's better right now than any of the CBs available and he's still only 27. I'd take a guaranteed 5-6 years of quality CB play versus taking a chance on 9-10 years of play that you are unsure of how it will turn out.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
I wouldn't mind it. He's still one of the best CBs in the league. I would still support the Bucs taking a CB in the draft as well. I would give up our 1 for him. He's better right now than any of the CBs available and he's still only 27. I'd take a guaranteed 5-6 years of quality CB play versus taking a chance on 9-10 years of play that you are unsure of how it will turn out.

Technically you don't know what you're getting in Revis post ACL surgery.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:

Technically you don't know what you're getting in Revis post ACL surgery.

Technically , if you can't rush for 2000ydd you can cover a guy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: