Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady fined 10k for slide vs. Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Wow. That is probably the most sensible thing I've ever heard about Goodell on this site. Common theme here is if you don't like something about the NFL, blame Goodell even when he has nothing to do with what u don't like. Very refreshing to see someone else that sees things clearly about Goodell and doesn't just blindly hate him.
He's done enough for plenty of us to not like him, that said the NFL has done extremely well under his reign so I can't complain too much.

Don't like him, that's fine. What the sensible people are tired of is EVERYTHING being blamed on Goodell, even when he doesn't have a say in the matter.

My favorite is when people call Goodell greedy when fines come out. Laughing

I mean, he does wear nice suits. Like, $10,000 suits. How DOES he get all that money? It...it HAS to be the fines! Never mind the guy has been in high ranking positions in the NFL for the last 10+ years and is probably a multi-millionaire - Goodell NEEDS that 10 grand RIGHT NOW!

Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Maybe Brady did it because it was a defense tactic? I think he was mainly guarding himself when he slid. I don't think Brady was trying to hurt the guy, I think he just didn't want to get crushed. Laughing

Guarding yourself is one thing, extending your leg and actually kicking, or attempting to kick someone in Brady's cases is a completely different story.

What Brady did was the latter, and when you watch a GIF of it, it's completely obvious. You don't extend your leg and "twerk" it (or whatever that motion is called) when you're just defending yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Wow. That is probably the most sensible thing I've ever heard about Goodell on this site. Common theme here is if you don't like something about the NFL, blame Goodell even when he has nothing to do with what u don't like. Very refreshing to see someone else that sees things clearly about Goodell and doesn't just blindly hate him.
He's done enough for plenty of us to not like him, that said the NFL has done extremely well under his reign so I can't complain too much.
Don't like him, that's fine. What the sensible people are tired of is EVERYTHING being blamed on Goodell, even when he doesn't have a say in the matter.

I mean, he does wear nice suits. Like, $10,000 suits. How DOES he get all that money? It...it HAS to be the fines! Never mind the guy has been in high ranking positions in the NFL for the last 10+ years and is probably a multi-millionaire - Goodell NEEDS that 10 grand RIGHT NOW!

Laughing
IT'S MY MONEY! AND I NEED IT, NOW!

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Laughing
It's like he's a pimp. Throw on a purple pinstripe suit, fur jacket, purple felt fedora with a feather in it, given him a cane, a ring with the NFL shield on it...yeah. YEAAAAAAH.

Greatest idea ever. Roger Goodell, as - R-GOODY pimp of the league. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Laughing
It's like he's a pimp. Throw on a purple pinstripe suit, fur jacket, purple felt fedora with a feather in it, given him a cane, a ring with the NFL shield on it...yeah. YEAAAAAAH.

Does that make James Harrison his best girl?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Maybe Brady did it because it was a defense tactic? I think he was mainly guarding himself when he slid. I don't think Brady was trying to hurt the guy, I think he just didn't want to get crushed. Laughing

Guarding yourself is one thing, extending your leg and actually kicking, or attempting to kick someone in Brady's cases is a completely different story.

What Brady did was the latter, and when you watch a GIF of it, it's completely obvious. You don't extend your leg and "twerk" it (or whatever that motion is called) when you're just defending yourself.

+1

It's like saying Colin Kaepernick judo chopping a rusher in the throat is guarding him. When you're guarding yourself, generally you don't attack the other person.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Laughing

Does that make James Harrison his best girl?

That would be Suh.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that he did not actually injure anyone the amount seems fine.

*Actual time may vary.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Should've been a lot more. That was dirty and could've ended Reed's career. No joke...

What? Hyperbole, much?

It was illegal, but lets not act like Brady has a kicking leg strong enough to sever Reed's leg. Ive been kicked like that, and while it hurts, its far from a career ender Laughing More of an "OUCH! YOU [JERK]!" type of illegal hit.

Of course it could have ended his career. It was straight to the knee on a slide with a lot of momentum. Saying Brady's kicking is weak is irrelevant. A man running full speed and sliding with an outstretched leg is strong enough to do serious damage

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Laughing

NFL Owners: Daddy, we need some new shoes!

Goodell: Shut yo mouths! You'll get some new Jimmy Choo's when I'm done with Ndamukong Suh!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Should've been a lot more. That was dirty and could've ended Reed's career. No joke...

What? Hyperbole, much?

It was illegal, but lets not act like Brady has a kicking leg strong enough to sever Reed's leg. Ive been kicked like that, and while it hurts, its far from a career ender Laughing More of an "OUCH! YOU [JERK]!" type of illegal hit.

Of course it could have ended his career. It was straight to the knee on a slide with a lot of momentum. Saying Brady's kicking is weak is irrelevant. A man running full speed and sliding with an outstretched leg is strong enough to do serious damage

Especially considering Ed could've, have Brady made serious contact, landed on his head/neck, and with his impinged neck, it very well could have ended his career right then and there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Laughing

YOU'RE GONNA FINE THE MAN WEARING A TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR SUIT? C'MON!

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Rei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

What? Hyperbole, much?

Especially considering Ed could've, have Brady made serious contact, landed on his head/neck, and with his impinged neck, it very well could have ended his career right then and there.

Yeah. Not to mention that if Reed did fall on his head, the force could've been so great that it plunged Reed into the Earth's core, causing the planet to explode and end all life. Brady is a scary man, he should be suspended indefinitely from the NFL for this. I mean, the possible repercussions are apocalyptic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

+1

It's like saying Colin Kaepernick judo chopping a rusher in the throat is guarding him. When you're guarding yourself, generally you don't attack the other person.
Some people might kick their leg out when they think they're about to get hit. I'm not even a big Brady fan but I'm siding with him on this one. I don't think it was intentional.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, considering Brady doesn't have any on or off the field issues I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that slide. It was stupid on his part to do it, no discussion there but I don't think he is the type to want to injure another player.

*Actual time may vary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: