Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady fined 10k for slide vs. Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:
$10k for Frank Gore's socks & $10k for this?

Seems legit.

Actually Gore was fined $10,500 and Brady was fined $10,000 even Very Happy

So in the NFL, you're fined more for showing your calves than you are for an illegal or malicious slide that could've injured another player and looked to be intentional!

YAYYY GOODELL!

Goodell doesnt levy fines

nice try tho

He's the Commissioner, he must have the power to oversee fines and how much of a joke some of them are in comparison with others.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:

Seems legit.

So in the NFL, you're fined more for showing your calves than you are for an illegal or malicious slide that could've injured another player and looked to be intentional!

YAYYY GOODELL!

nice try tho

He's the Commissioner, he must have the power to oversee fines and how much of a joke some of them are in comparison with others.
He's the commisioner, not CEO. He can't make and enforce rules on a whim. He represents the sport, but does not own it. The OWNERS all have to vote to approve changes suggested by the competition committee. At most Goddell could suggest to the competition committee that they make a change, but that change then has to be approved by the competition committee, and then the owners have to approve it from there. Think of Goddell like a judge. A judge can't decide what laws he enforces, he just has to enforce the laws as written.

The other thing about these fines, everyone knows the players don't pay these fines to the NFL right? This isn't the NFL trying to get money from the players, the fines are actually a tax deductible donation to a charity of the players choosing. The NFL w/ these fines are really just encouraging players to give back to the community.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:

Seems legit.

YAYYY GOODELL!

nice try tho

He's the commisioner, not CEO. He can't make and enforce rules on a whim. He represents the sport, but does not own it. The OWNERS all have to vote to approve changes suggested by the competition committee. At most Goddell could suggest to the competition committee that they make a change, but that change then has to be approved by the competition committee, and then the owners have to approve it from there. Think of Goddell like a judge. A judge can't decide what laws he enforces, he just has to enforce the laws as written.

The other thing about these fines, everyone knows the players don't pay these fines to the NFL right? This isn't the NFL trying to get money from the players, the fines are actually a tax deductible donation to a charity of the players choosing. The NFL w/ these fines are really just encouraging players to give back to the community.
Wow. That is probably the most sensible thing I've ever heard about Goodell on this site. Common theme here is if you don't like something about the NFL, blame Goodell even when he has nothing to do with what u don't like. Very refreshing to see someone else that sees things clearly about Goodell and doesn't just blindly hate him.

Kempes on the custom sig!
panther dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:

Seems legit.

YAYYY GOODELL!

nice try tho

That is so besides the point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Wow. That is probably the most sensible thing I've ever heard about Goodell on this site. Common theme here is if you don't like something about the NFL, blame Goodell even when he has nothing to do with what u don't like. Very refreshing to see someone else that sees things clearly about Goodell and doesn't just blindly hate him.
He's done enough for plenty of us to not like him, that said the NFL has done extremely well under his reign so I can't complain too much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
He's done enough for plenty of us to not like him, that said the NFL has done extremely well under his reign so I can't complain too much.

Don't like him, that's fine. What the sensible people are tired of is EVERYTHING being blamed on Goodell, even when he doesn't have a say in the matter.

My favorite is when people call Goodell greedy when fines come out. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised he got fined, good move by the league.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocket change.

Brady was clearly trying to protect himself from an Ed Reed dive (disguised as a tackle), it worked, no one got injured, no one got hurt. I'm sure Brady will miss that $10k

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:

Seems legit.

YAYYY GOODELL!

nice try tho

people would know what his job actually was if it wasnt for goodell. Wink

its just like the president, something wrong in the country FREAKIN [insert president]. the top dog doesnt always make all the decisions and have god powers over what they run.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Tom was intentionally trying to kick/hurt somebody it was more of a protective instinct from a guy who isn't in that situation too often.

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Pocket change.

Brady was clearly trying to protect himself from an Ed Reed dive (disguised as a tackle), it worked, no one got injured, no one got hurt. I'm sure Brady will miss that $10k

Obviously you don't know how marriage works Laughing
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Pocket change.

Tongue in cheek?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Pocket change.

Laughing Please don't be serious.

I hate the Jaguars
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Brady did it because it was a defense tactic? I think he was mainly guarding himself when he slid. I don't think Brady was trying to hurt the guy, I think he just didn't want to get crushed. Laughing

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Should've been a lot more. That was dirty and could've ended Reed's career. No joke...

What? Hyperbole, much?

It was illegal, but lets not act like Brady has a kicking leg strong enough to sever Reed's leg. Ive been kicked like that, and while it hurts, its far from a career ender Laughing More of an "OUCH! YOU [JERK]!" type of illegal hit.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: