Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shaun King: "Bucs are Just wasting Time"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I'm not a Bucs fan, but I live in the Tampa BAy area and as a result am forced to follow the Bucs as a result to listening to sports radio...

The Issue with the Bucs in not the GM....the guy has done a pretty good job bringing in talent and had one of the best off-season last year of any GM. The team need to bolster their pass defense and stay as injury free as possible and they will be looking at the Playoffs.

Schiano is going to be a good coach for you guys....he may rub other NFL team the worng way, but who cares....you need a guy like that to win.

Good luck in the upcoming draft....get some help in the defensive backfield and you should be competing at least for a wild card spot.

I'm glad I'm not crazy in thinking the Bucs can make it to the playoffs next year. I really see Miami making it too if they can retain most of their key FAs.

It's good to hear an unbiased opinion to at least let me know whether or not my optimism is insane or not.

One of the great things about the NFL is how close most team are from going 7 - 9 to 10 - 6 and how some improvement to key areas can do wonders.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/ravens-rb-rice-lauds-team-first-approach-his-former-coach-schiano

Quote:
"Coach Schiano did a great job,'' Rice said from the Super Bowl Monday. "Heís always had my respect as a man, as a father and as a husband. Iíve seen the way not only that he took care of us as his kids, but you see the way he takes care of his family. Heís always about team first, and it reminds me of our coach. One thing about the Baltimore Ravens is that we have the guys that are stars or whatever you want to call them, but no one is bigger than their team, and thatís what makes the Baltimore Ravens special. Weíve got a general, Ray Lewis, thatís going to be a Hall of Famer, and Ray will be the first to tell you that he wants to be there to shine amongst others, and thatís how our team is. Coach Schiano implemented that same kind of format in us.Ē

Shaun King doesn't approve of this message Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/ravens-rb-rice-lauds-team-first-approach-his-former-coach-schiano

Quote:
"Coach Schiano did a great job,'' Rice said from the Super Bowl Monday. "Heís always had my respect as a man, as a father and as a husband. Iíve seen the way not only that he took care of us as his kids, but you see the way he takes care of his family. Heís always about team first, and it reminds me of our coach. One thing about the Baltimore Ravens is that we have the guys that are stars or whatever you want to call them, but no one is bigger than their team, and thatís what makes the Baltimore Ravens special. Weíve got a general, Ray Lewis, thatís going to be a Hall of Famer, and Ray will be the first to tell you that he wants to be there to shine amongst others, and thatís how our team is. Coach Schiano implemented that same kind of format in us.Ē

Good stuff.

To piggy back off of your point, NFP just highlighted Draftmetrics' recent study of the draft and how each team did. The metrics that they used in their study have their pros and cons, but I think that the results (especially over the last 5 years) will surprise people.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Whos-been-doing-the-best-job-of-drafting.html

By these metrics, Dom has actually done a really good job in the draft - 6th best over these last 5 years. With only Jeremy Zuttah remaining from our 2008 draft class, the overwhelming majority of that production has come from Dominik's tenure.

Looks like Dom and Schiano may be better than Shaun King thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Good stuff.

To piggy back off of your point, NFP just highlighted Draftmetrics' recent study of the draft and how each team did. The metrics that they used in their study have their pros and cons, but I think that the results (especially over the last 5 years) will surprise people.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Whos-been-doing-the-best-job-of-drafting.html

By these metrics, Dom has actually done a really good job in the draft - 6th best over these last 5 years. With only Jeremy Zuttah remaining from our 2008 draft class, the overwhelming majority of that production has come from Dominik's tenure.

Nice find DRD. That's what I was trying to say in my rant earlier in this thread Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Good stuff.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it hilarious that DRD posted this gif that is hilarious on it's own Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: