Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SLF's "day off" mock. 2 Rounds w/ trades, FA too
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: SLF's "day off" mock. 2 Rounds w/ trades, FA too Reply with quote

Major FA signings (if left off, not important or re-signed.)

Alex Smith is cut, and signed by Arizona

Mike Vick signs with KC

Reggie Bush signs with Detroit

Dwayne Bowe sings with Miami

Greg Jennings signs with Minnesota

Mike Wallace signs with St. Louis

Jake Long signs with Indianapolis

Michael Johnson signs with Oakland

Cliff Avril signs with Jacksonville

Henry Melton signs with Carolina

Dashon Goldson signs with Baltimore

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Star Lotuleilei DT Utah
Im gonna stick with this one all the way to the draft. I think Reid, knowing it is a weak class, with draft the one blue chip prospect at an important position and go after a QB like Barkley to develop behind Vick, much like he did in Philly last year. Basically, starting back where he left off.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Geno Smith QB West Virginia
The Jags will jump all over Smith if he is here. I dont htink he would normally be the #1 QB taken, but the Jags are desperate for a franchise QB so they take the risk here.

3. Oakland Raiders - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
Having gotten a good DE from FA, the Raiders now look to add one of the premiere talents from CFB, in spite of his spinal condition. He should be good for the first 5 or 6 years of his career.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
The Eagles will be looking to get more athletic on the offensive line, so they grab Joeckel, who is very athletic and a technitian at OT. He fits better at LT for the Kelly scheme than Peters, who should fit well at RT, with Herremans moving to guard.

5. Detroit Lions - Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
The Lions biggest need is DE, so they take the top one on the board. Moore is a good fit for the Lions defense at DE, which calls for smaller guys you would typically see at OLB in the 3-4.

TRADE!!!
Tampa Bay trades their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Browns for their 1st pick
(The Bucs move up to fill a big need at CB. Last year they traded down for a Bama DB, this year they trade up for one)

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dee Millner CB Alabama
The Bucs biggest need is at CB, where they really have nothing right now with the (expected) Eric Wright bust.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
The Cards need an OT, but I dont think they will make the reach with a talent like Mingo on the board. He fills a big need, and has huge potential.

8. Buffalo Bills - Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
Mark Anderson was hurt all year and could be cut. The Bills dont have a whole lot of options, here, so they go with the BPA in Werner. A bit of an unconventional pick, but he should do well across from Super Mario.

9. New York Jets - Dion Jordan DE Oregon
The Jets have a big need at OLB, and Jordan fills that need while also being the BPA. He needs to improve his pass rush technique, but he has all the tools to be great, and is already superb in the things that most DE/OLB hybrids stuggle in.

TRADE!!!
St. Louis trades their 1st and 2nd round picks to Tennessee for their 1st and 4th round picks

10. St. Louis Rams - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
The Rams jump up to get a franchise LT for Sam BRadford. Saffold was great as a rookie, but it appears he would be better at RT. Moving Saffold over where he would be better and getting a guy that could be elite in Fisher drastically improves an area that was a huge weakness.

11. San Diego Chargers - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
The Chargers biggest needs cant be filled here, so they grab the top playmaker on the board. I think Patterson will shoot up boards with combine and workouts, and the Chargers will love what he can do on their offense. He is already a great playmaker with the ball his hands, and has all the tools to be a great route runner.

12. Miami Dolphins - Chance Warmack G Alabama
Like the Chargers, the Dolphins cant fill any huge pressing needs here, so they take one of the few blue-chip prospects. Warmack will likely be the best G in the game, and pairing him with Pouncey gives the Dolphins a lot of force in the middle.

13. Cleveland Browns - Sam Montgomery DE LSU
The Browns moved down to get back that missing 2nd round pick and still get a great DE prospect. Montgomery would have gone higher if it were not for all the good DE prospects at the top of this draft.

14. Carolina Panthers - Jonathon Hankins DT Ohio State
The Panthers have two very good DEs, but they have nothing of value in the middle. If they sign Melton and take Hankins, their D-line instantly becomes one of the best in the league.

15. New Orleans Saints - Ezekhial Ansah DE BYU
The Saints grab Ansah, hoping he can be the next JPP. They needa premiere pass rusher to compliment their fast-scoring offense.

16. Tennessee Titans - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
The Titans move down and still fill their biggest need. Great value here. Richardson paired with Casey gives them a solid middle, and that goes well with Morgan, who hopefully stays healthy to fulfill his potential.

TRADE!!!
Indianapolis trades their 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks to Pittsburgh for their 1st and 6th round picks

17. Indianapolis Colts - Jonathon Banks CB Mississippi State
The Colts move up to ensure they get a CB, where they were very weak, last year.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathon Jenkins DT Georgia
The Cowboys want to move Ratliff away from the NT spot so he can get back to what he does best, and let Jenkins fill the role of gap-filler. Great fit at either NT in the 3-4 or 4-3.

19. New York Giants - Alec Ogeltree ILB Georgia
The Giants defense was not what it usually is. They need an ILB, because what they had last year really lacked and hurt the defense.

20. Chicago Bears - Kawaan Short DT Purdue
I dont think the BEars will be able to keep Melton because he will want a huge contract, and they already have tons of money tied up in players. So, they take Short to fill the void.

21. Cincinatti Bengals - Manti Teo LB Notre Dame
The Bengals have never been afraid to take risky prospect. As the smoke settles with the Teo story, I dont htink it will kill his stock. A team like Cincy who has ignored prospects with off-the field concerns is most likely to take him in the 1st.

22. St. Louis Rams - Matt Elam S Florida
Elam isnt the biggest, but he was a star for the Florida defense. The hype will build around him coming up to the draft, and he will establish himself as the #1 S in the draft. The Rams have a huge need at S, and Elam will fill that. Possible DROY candidate, IMO.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen WR Cal
The Vikings already added Jennings in my FA mock, but they need another WR if they want Ponder to prove he isnt a bust.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin Minter ILB LSU
The Steelers move back to get better value on Minter, who I think could be a great ILB. With a team like the Steelers, he will excel, and become one of hte top LBs in the game.

TRADE!!!
Buffalo trades their 2nd round pick and 1st pick next year to the Seahawks for their 1st pick

25. Buffalo Bills - Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
Buddy Nix shows his hand, and he made it pretty obvious he plans on getting a franchise QB. Here, I have them being the team making the big trade to get their QB. Wilson could have been the #1 pick, but he and his team struggled for a variety of reasons.

26. Green Bay Packers - Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
The Packers had a carousel of RBs last year, so I think they grab one here to shore that up. I think Lacy will be a steal, here. He will be a star, which sucks for me, as a Lions fan.

27. Houston Texans - Mike Glennon QB NC State
This will be the shocker pick of the draft. I think the Texans will decide that Schaub isnt the guy to get them to the Super Bowl, so they draft the QB with the most potential in the draft. Having Schaub there allows them to sit Glennon and have him refine his game, which needs a lot of tweaks.

28. Denver Broncos - Shariff Floyd DT Florida
The Broncos want to get younger at DT, so they get Floyd, who looks like he will be a solid DT. Pairing him is Wolfe and Miller on the outside gives them a good young core.

TRADE!!!
Detroit trades their 2nd and 4th round picks to the Pats for their 1st pick

29. Detroit Lions - Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
The Lions continue the trend of taking playmakers by trading up for Austin, who is the most explosive WR/RB hybrid type in this draft. He will fill the Best role, except he wont be stupidly forced to run up the middle.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Alex Okafer DE Texas
The Falcons need a DE because Abraham got a bad injury and Edwards was an obvious bust. I dont see Okafer being a star, but he should be a very solid starter at DE for the Falcons.

31. Baltimore Ravens - Jonathon Cooper C North Carolina
The Ravens will need to replace Birk, so they take Cooper, who was a force for the Tar Heels last year. I dont understand how UNC isnt a top team every year with all the pro talent they churn out.

32. San Fransisco 49ers - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
The 49ers CBs got exposed late in the season, so they take Rhodes, who, to me, scream Nnamdi Asomugha. Probably wont be that good, but the 49ers have turned a lot of their draftees into stars, lately.

ROUND DEUX

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - David Amerson CB NC State
The Jags look to improve on the secondary with not good LBs or DEs on the board. Amerson was a bit of a dissapointment, but his measurables cannot be denied. He has a lot of potential at either CB or S.

34. Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Barkley QB USC
Here he is, the KC version of Nick Foles, but IMO better. Give Barkley a good O-line, which the Chiefs have (assuming Albert stays). He will probably take the job from Vick midway through the year.

35. Philadelphia Eagles - Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
The Eagles CBs are a big question mark, so they add Poyer to the mix, who is very consistent and solid, something the Eagles need to get more of.

36. New England Patriots - Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
The Pats move down to get better value on Hunter. They need to add a solid WR for Tom Brady.

37. Cincinatti Bengals - Margus Hunt DE SMU
The Bengals replace one freak athlete with another. Hunt is a project, but could be really good, and the Bengals have shown they are very good at developing raw talent on the D-line.

TRADE!!!
San Diego trades their 2nd and 3rd round picks to the Cardinals for their 2nd pick

38. San Diego Chargers - Justin Pugh OT Syracuse
Pugh isnt rated as high, but there I think he will go higher than many think. The Chargers are desperate for new OTs, so I think they move up to ensure they get him.

39. New York Jets - Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
The Jets get a QB to compete with the Sanchize. Nassib doesnt have a huge ceiling, but could be a top 10-15 QB in the NFL. I expect him to take over at QB 6 or so weeks in.

40. Tennessee Titans - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
The Titans need safeties really bad, so they take the top one on the board.

41. Seattle Seahawks - Terrance Williams WR Baylor
The Seahawks dont have a lot of needs, so they go BPA here. It never hurt to add another dynamic downfield target.

42. Miami Dolphins - Oday Adobushi OT Virginia
The Dolphins need to replace Long at LT, so they take the underrated Adobushi. He was great for Virginia, at should start right away.

43. Cleveland Browns - Tyler BRay QB Tennessee
The Browns use their extra 2nd rounder to get a QB with huge potential. A QB guru like Chud will love to work with him.

44. Carolina Panthers - Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
The Panthers are re-tooling the defense, this time adressing CB, where they really lack any reliable starters.

45. Arizona Cardinals - Chris Faulk OT LSU
The Cards now look to fill a huge weakness. Faulk has injury conerns, but if a 1st round talent at LT.

46. Tennessee Titans - Barrett Jones C Alabama
The Titans need to improve on the inside, so they take the most versitale guy in the draft on the line. Jones was a force for great RBs like Ingram, Richardson, and Lacy, and the Titans hope he can have a big impact for CJ2K.

47. Dallas Cowboys - Dallas Thomas G Tennessee
The Cowboys want to get more push in the inside, so they take a big guy to plug in at guard.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
The Steelers continue re-tooling the LB corps, hoping Thomas can eventually take the place of Harrison.

TRADE!!!!!
Houston trades their 2nd and 3rd round picks to the Giants for their 2nd and 6th round picks

49. Houston Texans - Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson
Houston trades up to get a WR opposite Andre Johnson, which they have needed forever.

50. Chicago Bears - Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina
The Bears double dip at DT, hoping to really bolster the middle of their defense.

51. Washington Redskins - Robert Woods WR USC
The Skins continue to build around RGIII, giving him a dynamic WR who could have gone top 20 if his QB hadnt struggled so much.

52. Minnesota Vikings - Larry Warford G Kentucky
The Vikes decide to improve a strength, upgrading one guard spot to help AD even more. Look out for another historical season. UGH.

53. Cincinatti Bengals - Da'Rick Rodgers WR Tenn Tech
Again the Bengals ignore a character concern, taking Rodgers, who will be a great compliment to Green and Sanu.

54. Miami Dolphins - Zach Ertz TE Stanford
The Dolphins add another weapon for Tannehill, giving him a dynamic TE, which their offense lacks.

TRADE!!!
Arizona trades their 3rd round pick and 2nd rounder next year to the Packers for their 2nd pick

55. Arizona Cardinals - Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
Slight shocker, but the Cards cant expect Alex Smith to be a long term solution at QB. Jones was once a candidate for a top 10 pick, and he has the tools. He could challenge Smith right out of the gate.

56. Seattle Seahawks - Tank Carradine DE Florida State
Clemons had a serious injury, so the Hawks need to prepare for the worst.

57. New York Giants - Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State
The Giants are going to want to replace Umenyora's spot in the DE rotation. Jenkins had an injury, but he is still a great athlete at DE.

58. Denver Broncos - John Simon DE Ohio State
The Broncos continue getting younger on the D-line, adding simon, who could take over for Dumerville.

59. New England Patriots - Baccari Rambo S Georgia
The Pats bolster the secondary, which has been weak at S. Rambo just gives me the vibe of a guy that could be a star in New England.

60. Baltimore Ravens - Desmond Trufant CB Washington
BPA pick, here, the Ravens continue the youth movement on defense.

61. San Fransisco 49ers - Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
The 49ers are going to need to replace Goldson. Jefferson will compete for that job.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of this scenario for the Cardinals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Jets Zac Dysert in the second.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Give the Jets Zac Dysert in the second.

Why? I know you like him (well, Iassume, considering he in your sig), but based on opinions from scouts and draft niks, I dont see any reason he will be taken over Nassib.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Not a fan of this scenario for the Cardinals

I actually originally had them trading up for Bray, but I accidently put Nassib twice, so I had to move Bray up. At that point, I just didnt realy like taking it out, so I just threw Jones in there. You can pretend it doesnt happen, if you like.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings:

With a WR crew of Harvin-Jennings-Wright + set before the draft:

I would take Kevin Minter (MLB) and Larry Warford (OG) ... lets not forget that this would be 2 gareentee starters positions here. IF we got Jennings, the need for WR drops a bit and MLB/OG/DT become more important needs to be addressed with higher picks on the balance of probabilies

So basically Pits traded down in the 1st round to try and get Minter later but were not successful. It happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Titans Picks!
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want Vick in KC.
woodrow05

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKINGS:

I'll pass on Greg Jennings... He's gonna be 30 @ the start of next season and i'd rather have my Vikings go after someone who's best years aren't behind them... #youthmovement!

FREE AGENCY...

WR

1 victor Cruz
2 mike Wallace
3 dwayne bowe

any one of those, in that order, fills the WR need along with your selection in the first round.

LG

Andy levitre

With the amount of cap space the Vikings will have next season there will be no reason why they wouldn't be able to get two top tier free agents @ their top two offensive (needs) spots and still extend harvin a new deal!!

Offensive line/weapons are a must for Ponder's development/AD's record breaking life.

DRAFT

RD 1 keenan Allen -between, let's say, victor Cruz, Kyle Rudolph, AD, a contract happy harvin and the addition of allen they should have plenty of weapons for ponder.

RD 2 with Andy levitre added I would go BPA (defensively) DT then CB then S. Kawann short, David amerson, TJ macdonald. There'd be no reason why the Vikes. Wouldn't trade back up into the 1st round again like last year to address this need.

Last edited by woodrow05 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be shocked if Michael Johnson gets out of Cincy. He'll either sign a long term deal or get franchised.

I'd be thrilled with Te'o at 21
With Michael Johnson still here I doubt we take a DE early, even if Johnson was gone, Kenny Vaccaro is an easy pick there.
I could see the Bengals taking a WR early as long as the value is there.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT???!!!

We trade a first, third, and fourth to move up SEVEN SPOTS????

And address an area that can easily be filled in free agency?

And we sign an overrated LT who will cost much more that he is worth?

Wonderful.

And on top if that the Chiefs sign another awful WB and draft another DL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trade IMO land great picks but I'd change the Jones pick. IMO he'll be a center in the NFL and the Titans will most likely resign their center Fernando Velasco who played very good last season in his first year as starter. I'd go with Larry Warford instead.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect such a thing to happen but I would LOVE the Steelers to be able to trade down and get an extra 3rd and 4th and still get Minter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
I don't expect such a thing to happen but I would LOVE the Steelers to be able to trade down and get an extra 3rd and 4th and still get Minter.
Well it won't, that's completely unrealistic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, HOMER trade much ?

Buffalo has to trade #8 in the 2nd rd + 1st next year for #25 yet YOUR Lions trade #5 in the 2nd rd + a FOURTH for #29...that's just 4 picks later.....how equitable is that ????

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: