Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns future QB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Browns future QB? Reply with quote

Dont get me wrong, I like Weeden a lot but im not sure the new staff does tho, so this is my idea for the QB position for the Cleveland...

ok this is what I want to see...I want to see the Browns somehow get Alex Smith, I prefer signing him when the 49ers release him but if the price is right I wouldnt mind trading for him...

but I would love to see the Browns bring in Alex Smith and I could actually see him wanting to come to Cleveland. He will be familiar with the offense with Norv Turner being his OC in 2006. He will have one of the best pass protections in the NFL and has the best pass blocking LT in the NFL. Has a stud RB to work with and has a couple nice WRs to work with in Little, Gordon, and TBen. I think it could be a happy marriage for a couple years.

I think for a first year HC, it be smart to have a more veteran QB leading his team. Having a vet QB leading his team, he gets the ability to draft his back up to eventually take over, like what happen in SanFan. I would have to see Alex Smith lose a starting position because he is a good guy and a good QB but thats just the name of the game.

IMO that is a smart way to handle this because next years QB class is a hell of a lot better!!!

2014 potential QBs:
Aaron Murray- UoG 6'1 212lbs
AJ McCarron- Bame - 6'3 210lbs
Zach Mettenberger- LSU - 6'5 230lbs
Tajh Boyd- CLEM - 6'1 225lbs
Logan Thomas- VT - 6'6 260lbs
Keith Price- UW - 6'1 210lbs
Teddy Bridgewater- UL - 6'3 220lbs
Jeff Driskell- UF - 6'3 237lbs
Braxton Miller- OSU - 6'1 210lbs
Pete Thomas- CSU/NCST - 6'5 225lb
Blake Bell- Oklahoma- 6'5 254lb
Casey Pachell- TCU - 6'5 226lbs
Sean Mannion- Ore St - 6'5 212lbs
(with how deep this class could be some of those QBs will most likely return)

to me the most interesting QB could be Logan Thomas, he has a very similar skill set to Cam Newton. He is like a poor mans newton who is bigger. I like it that he is not as talent as Newton, so that means chud might not out think himself when trying to use him. I also like Pete Thomas, kinda reminds me of Philip Rivers, kid was legit in HS, he was ranked the #6 pro style QB coming out. He was a starter for CSU from day one. started the 2010 and 2011 season and after the 2011 season he transferred to NCST after his HC was fired. So next year he will most likely be the start for NCST.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really just hope we dont draft one this year, this class is not good
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

yeah I hope not either, this is one of the weakest QB classes ive seen in years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

yeah I hope not either, this is one of the weakest QB classes ive seen in years.

every guy seems to be a project that is going to need to sit
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, next years class looks like a big turd as well. Unless Logan Thomas or Zach Mettenberger blow up and improve. Aaron Murray looks like he is the #1 QB going into the year, and his size worries me for our division.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahj Boyd is going to be like Russell Wilson.

He is going to be a franchise QB.

The other guys in this class and the next? Not sold.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
Ugh, next years class looks like a big turd as well. Unless Logan Thomas or Zach Mettenberger blow up and improve. Aaron Murray looks like he is the #1 QB going into the year, and his size worries me for our division.

Teddy Bridgewater and Tajh Boyd give me hope. Both of them flash brilliance as a passer.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:

Teddy Bridgewater and Tajh Boyd give me hope. Both of them flash brilliance as a passer.

People don't realize how accurate Boyd is. He is not just some scrambling QB who can throw bombs...he needs to improve his decision making, but he is extremely accurate on short/intermediate/deep throws.

He's 6'1. If you can get past that stigma, he's an elite QB prospect.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:

People don't realize how accurate Boyd is. He is not just some scrambling QB who can throw bombs...he needs to improve his decision making, but he is extremely accurate on short/intermediate/deep throws.

I hate pimping guys bowl games but his performance against LSU just completly wowed me more than any QB. Teddy Bridgewater impressed me greatly too.
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we will wait until next year to get a QB...next years class is better and we can use Alex Smith or Weeden as a stop gap for a little while if we need that guy we draft a little time to develop
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:

I hate pimping guys bowl games but his performance against LSU just completly wowed me more than any QB. Teddy Bridgewater impressed me greatly too.

I don't blame you for not falling in love with QB's who have big bowl games. But Boyd has been playing great all year. He's made some dumb throws at times, but he's been accurate and has played tough since he got to Clemson. I like Boyd a lot...and that LSU game just solidified my views on him.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im bumping this thread because it was bothering me being listed above the Ryan Fitzpatrick thread.

Made it look like he was out future.

Gimme a headache

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so hope we can bait someone into a trade up and get a extra first for next year.

Jets could be dumb enough to trade up for a QB.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/browns-coach-rob-chudzinski-says-premature-to-name-brandon-weeden-his-starting-qb-in-2013/2013/01/23/2440d5ee-6583-11e2-889b-f23c246aa446_story.html

Yeah, its not going to be Weeden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to the ESPN AM station yesterday and they were talking to someone at the Senior Bowl practices. Take it with a grain of salt because the station doesn't seem to always have the most accurate information, but he said the insiders there were convinced Cleveland was moving on from Weeden. But scouts were looking heavily at DE/LB types. I wish I could remember who they interviewed so I could get a link or something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: