Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Senior Bowl Mock......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Pre Senior Bowl Mock...... Reply with quote

1- Geno Smith - QB WVU :

I think its gonna come down to Geno or Wilson and Reid will choose Geno. I like both QB's so either would make me happy. I live in WV and I watched Geno every week on the local channels. I think he is getting raw deal when people scout him because last year with Luck and RGIII people were spoiled. I do believe that Geno and Ryan Tannehill are similar prospects. I think Geno is gonna wow people in the interview process and solidify himself as the #1 pick.

2- Tyler Eifert - TE Notre Dame :

Every QB needs a reliable target over the middle of the field. Eifert IMO is the best TE in the draft. Boss and Tony Mo are both injury concerns. Eifert with Tony Mo as a back up would be a nice rotation of TE's for Geno to hit.

3- Bacarri Rambo - S UGA

Could be a really nice 3rd safety or possibly beat out Lewis for the other safety spot.

3 (comp pick)- Khaseem Greene - ILB Rutgers

I absolutely love this guys motor. It seems like he is everywhere when you watch him. Very versitile LB. Probably would be in alot of sub packages because I dunno how he would translate to the 3-4 base D (probably back-up DJ and play beside DJ in passing situations)

4- Montee Ball - RB Wisconsin

Let P-Hillis walk and let him get the carries behind Charles. I think with Charles and Ball we would have one of the better stables of RB's in the entire league.

5- BPA DLine Depth

6- Jordan Kovacs - S Michigan

Need to overhaul both safety back up positions. Kovacs was a walk on at Michigan but has really became a good football player. He can cover and he can play in the box.

7- BPA
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montee Ball is a second round pick at worst. And I've been saying that for a while. Big fast and has a nose for the endzone and is used to playing behind an NFL size/caliber line in WI.

Kiper has him in the first round...I'm just saying. His stock is only going to go up at the combine.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Montee Ball is a second round pick at worst. And I've been saying that for a while. Big fast and has a nose for the endzone and is used to playing behind an NFL size/caliber line in WI.

Kiper has him in the first round...I'm just saying. His stock is only going to go up at the combine.

Different opinions I guess. I see him as a late second AT BEST. He is behind guys like Bernard from UNC, Franklin from UCLA, Taylor from Stanford. Then depending on some teams they might prefer Ellington from Clemson, Michael from Texas A&M or Randle from OK State. No RB will go first round this year IMO. I see him as a solid 3rd round pick but falling to our 4th round pick which isnt out of the question because some people fall. I also think it kinda hurts him as a prospect being able to run behind all those pro prospects that Wisconsin has on the line. Like I said though everyone has different opinions.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB makes no sense because we've got Charles. If you go back into Andy Reid's history, and his offenses, he only uses one RB.

We've got Gray on the roster already so I think we'll just stick with those two, unless there's a guy in the late rounds worth tremendous value like a Marcus Lattimore in the 5th or something I could see that.

But I think we've got our RBs for the forseeable future.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
RB makes no sense because we've got Charles. If you go back into Andy Reid's history, and his offenses, he only uses one RB.

We've got Gray on the roster already so I think we'll just stick with those two, unless there's a guy in the late rounds worth tremendous value like a Marcus Lattimore in the 5th or something I could see that.

While this is true, this is still KC. Running the ball is tradition here, it's a big part of this teams lifelong identity. I won't be surprised if a big back is on the roster and, with leads in hand, we get plenty of four minute offense gashing teams with the run. It just gets the fanbase in such a frenzy around here. Andy's smart, he'll feed that monster.
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

Actually when the Eagles were at their best in the early to mid 2000's they used a stable of RB's. They used Westbrook, Levens and Buckhalter. Also what happens if Charles tears his ACL again or something else happens? I like Gray but he isnt a guy who I would feel comfortable giving the majority of the carries to. So having a stable of Charles, Ball and Gray I think works to our advantage because if Charles gets hurt again having Ball carry the load with Gray being a change of pace back is better than just having Gray.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: