Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chud says the D will be a Hybrid 43/34
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31412
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im thinking this years draft man crush for me is going to be Damontre Moore...

who is the best LT in the college football this year...Luke Joeckel, the LT for T&M...who did he get go against every day in practice, Moore. Every day for the past couple years Moore has been going against one hell of a tackle. I think thats why they are both so damn good cause they had elite players in each other pushing them.

Now we could get Moore coming in and working against the best LT in the NFL and one of the better run blocking RTs in the game.

Also when Von Miller left T&M, Moore stepped in and filled his shoes pretty well.

Moores final two years...157tackles, 38.5 TFL, 21 sacks, 5 FF
Millers final two years... 115tacles, 39 TFL, 27.5 sacks, 7 FF, 1INT.

Miller played all 4years at A&M and Moore is leaving after his 3rd. I think he could be the next Von Miller.

Miller 6'3 237
Moore 6'4 250

I think he be a great fit to fit the DE/OLB role
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
im thinking this years draft man crush for me is going to be Damontre Moore...

who is the best LT in the college football this year...Luke Joeckel, the LT for T&M...who did he get go against every day in practice, Moore. Every day for the past couple years Moore has been going against one hell of a tackle. I think thats why they are both so damn good cause they had elite players in each other pushing them.

Now we could get Moore coming in and working against the best LT in the NFL and one of the better run blocking RTs in the game.

Also when Von Miller left T&M, Moore stepped in and filled his shoes pretty well.

Moores final two years...157tackles, 38.5 TFL, 21 sacks, 5 FF
Millers final two years... 115tacles, 39 TFL, 27.5 sacks, 7 FF, 1INT.

Miller played all 4years at A&M and Moore is leaving after his 3rd. I think he could be the next Von Miller.

Miller 6'3 237
Moore 6'4 250

I think he be a great fit to fit the DE/OLB role


Nice post buno.

Cant believe im agreeing with you after the garbage i read on Sunday.

Im definitely on the Moore bandwagon.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5840
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I think Mingo will be who we take at 6, and I'd be totally cool with it.



I am not a mingo fan by any means, I feel there will be better players available... that being said no matter how I feel about him if we draft him I will rot for him


The more I have watched of him, the more impressed I am. His athleticism impresses me more than any of the other 3/4 OLB prospects in this draft, and even though his numbers weren't amazing, I think his actual play and impact far exceed his stats, whereas guys like Moore I feel had much better stats than real impact. I also think at the end of the day, pass rushing is all about how athletic and how much hustle you have, and hes got the best combination. We have seen many guys with insane athletcism perform at extremely high levels in the pro compared to where they were in college.

JPP and Quinn had mediocre numbers in college, Aldon Smith struggled his last year, Watt was great but not a stat freak by any means, but graded out as one of the most athletic players in combine history etc.


If you believe that, then you are 50% right.

You listed a bunch of athletic freaks that didn't put up huge numbers in college. So I ask you, what do you think changed? Their athletic ability didn't, but their coaching did.

Hand usage, snap recognition, setup, position, and leverage are all key in rushing the passer. And all just as or more important that ability. (though, hustle is important in every phase of the game)

Jared Allen is not a athletic marvel by any means, but he's a premier pass rusher in the league.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5840
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm withholding a draftcrush on Moore until after the combine.

I think his biggest issue is not using his hands at all, which is fixable by better coaching.

The other thing that bothers me, is it seems he's almost clumsy sometimes on the field.

The kid will be 20 years old when he's drafted. He's still growing, so i wonder what he can become with a year in the NFL weight room.

I'm interested to see how he performs at the combine after working out for just that all offseason. I think it would give me a better perspective of what he can do in a NFL weight room.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6272
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12312
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore kind of reminds me a bit of Demarcus Ware
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20990
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Moore kind of reminds me a bit of Demarcus Ware

_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5840
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.


So to you, moore isn't fast or strong enough on the field, but if he runs fast and lifts a bunch of weight at the combine, then he must be better than you thought? Rolling Eyes
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullback40


Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 311
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
what players look like they could be damn good as a 4/3 DE but could be damn good as a 3/4 OLB?

If Simon from OSU can workout great he could be a project kinda guy to fill that role. He was a great DE in college and he has been working out at OLB at senior bowl and heard some good things

but what players could play this DE/OLB roll






John Simon should move inside to MLB in a 3-4. Not an idea most people will like, but he seems like an ideal thumper MLB. He is tough as nails and hits, but doesn't seem like he has the necessary tools to keep up with anybody in the NFL. Make him your thumper MLB and he will be a stud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31412
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Nice post buno.

Cant believe im agreeing with you after the garbage i read on Sunday.

Im definitely on the Moore bandwagon.

Browns arent playing so im turned into a fan of players and I love Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. If I had to tell young football players, who they should watch and try and play like it be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. They are just so good on the field and want to see them go out on top. I hated John Elway but wanted him to win that last superbowl so he could go out on top. I hate John Elways because my dad hated him lol
bulldog wrote:
I'm withholding a draftcrush on Moore until after the combine.

see im stating in now because im basing my man crush off of a player and production on the field. If I wanted for the combine im gonna fall in love with some workout numbers. I want the browns to draft a player on what he did as a player not what he ran or benched.
roger murdock wrote:
Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.

see you just answered your question. It is very hard to improve a players IQ or instincts, those are more god given. Strength, that can come with hardwork in the weight room, and he is pretty athletic for a guy who is 6'4 250lb, he might not be a freak but you usually dont see someone that size being that athletic. I think the combine might show you how much of an athlete he is
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Nice post buno.

Cant believe im agreeing with you after the garbage i read on Sunday.

Im definitely on the Moore bandwagon.

Browns arent playing so im turned into a fan of players and I love Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. If I had to tell young football players, who they should watch and try and play like it be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. They are just so good on the field and want to see them go out on top. I hated John Elway but wanted him to win that last superbowl so he could go out on top. I hate John Elways because my dad hated him lol
bulldog wrote:
I'm withholding a draftcrush on Moore until after the combine.

see im stating in now because im basing my man crush off of a player and production on the field. If I wanted for the combine im gonna fall in love with some workout numbers. I want the browns to draft a player on what he did as a player not what he ran or benched.
roger murdock wrote:
Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.

see you just answered your question. It is very hard to improve a players IQ or instincts, those are more god given. Strength, that can come with hardwork in the weight room, and he is pretty athletic for a guy who is 6'4 250lb, he might not be a freak but you usually dont see someone that size being that athletic. I think the combine might show you how much of an athlete he is


Why must you make me dislike you so often? Laughing
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6272
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.


So to you, moore isn't fast or strong enough on the field, but if he runs fast and lifts a bunch of weight at the combine, then he must be better than you thought? Rolling Eyes


Hes clearly more athletic than the guys hes going against in college, but it doesn't appear to be anything special to me. If he blows away the combine with athleticism than its likely he can do it in the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31412
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Nice post buno.

Cant believe im agreeing with you after the garbage i read on Sunday.

Im definitely on the Moore bandwagon.

Browns arent playing so im turned into a fan of players and I love Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. If I had to tell young football players, who they should watch and try and play like it be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. They are just so good on the field and want to see them go out on top. I hated John Elway but wanted him to win that last superbowl so he could go out on top. I hate John Elways because my dad hated him lol
bulldog wrote:
I'm withholding a draftcrush on Moore until after the combine.

see im stating in now because im basing my man crush off of a player and production on the field. If I wanted for the combine im gonna fall in love with some workout numbers. I want the browns to draft a player on what he did as a player not what he ran or benched.
roger murdock wrote:
Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.

see you just answered your question. It is very hard to improve a players IQ or instincts, those are more god given. Strength, that can come with hardwork in the weight room, and he is pretty athletic for a guy who is 6'4 250lb, he might not be a freak but you usually dont see someone that size being that athletic. I think the combine might show you how much of an athlete he is


Why must you make me dislike you so often? Laughing


cause your a resident of NY and you know Ohio residents are better Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31412
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
bulldog wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.


So to you, moore isn't fast or strong enough on the field, but if he runs fast and lifts a bunch of weight at the combine, then he must be better than you thought? Rolling Eyes


Hes clearly more athletic than the guys hes going against in college, but it doesn't appear to be anything special to me. If he blows away the combine with athleticism than its likely he can do it in the NFL.


yeah and those guys he was going against were SEC players...and we all know about that SEC SPEED!!!

but he was damn good in the Big 12 and was even better in the SEC. He could be a player we can get at 6 or possibly trade down a couple spots and get but I rather be safe and just get him at 6
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Nice post buno.

Cant believe im agreeing with you after the garbage i read on Sunday.

Im definitely on the Moore bandwagon.

Browns arent playing so im turned into a fan of players and I love Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. If I had to tell young football players, who they should watch and try and play like it be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. They are just so good on the field and want to see them go out on top. I hated John Elway but wanted him to win that last superbowl so he could go out on top. I hate John Elways because my dad hated him lol
bulldog wrote:
I'm withholding a draftcrush on Moore until after the combine.

see im stating in now because im basing my man crush off of a player and production on the field. If I wanted for the combine im gonna fall in love with some workout numbers. I want the browns to draft a player on what he did as a player not what he ran or benched.
roger murdock wrote:
Moore just doesn't seem to be athletic or strong enough to get away with his college play style in the NFL to me. I think hes smart and instinctive though. If he does well at the combine maybe I will change my mind but I am anticipating a poor showing.

see you just answered your question. It is very hard to improve a players IQ or instincts, those are more god given. Strength, that can come with hardwork in the weight room, and he is pretty athletic for a guy who is 6'4 250lb, he might not be a freak but you usually dont see someone that size being that athletic. I think the combine might show you how much of an athlete he is


Why must you make me dislike you so often? Laughing


cause your a resident of NY and you know Ohio residents are better Laughing


I dunno bout that young one
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group