Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Williams??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdawg72

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Mike Williams?? Reply with quote

I'm trying not to put TOO much stock in this because they're, more often than not, wrong, but a rumors section (PFW, I think) says that Tice and Co. are "enamored" with MIKE WILLIAMS! Now, Big Mike wouldn't necessarily look bad in a Vikes outfit, but there is just too much opportunity to improve on the defensive side of the ball to make this move!

As I stated, hopefully this is pre-draft posturing by Tice to inflate the value of Williams to enable us to trade down a couple of spots. There's even a (slim) chance that one of the top 3 running backs could fall to us to help us make a move down a spot or two (hopefully to grab S Thomas Davis). BUT...if this is even slightly true, than we better get crackin' on some defensive FA's.
So far for CB's I've heard Samari Rolle seems to be going to Wash. DC, Surtain 50/50 to the Chiefs, and Law is represented by the notorious Poston Bros., making it seem impossible that Red will meet the sure to be exorbinant asking price. Plax seems to be heading to Baltimore, Mason says he no less than 7 teams after him, and the only WR I've seen that we have any interest in is ROD GARDNER! This is going to be a crucial week for the Vikes, and we all know we have the money, my fear is that if we fail to land a DB we will be FORCED to draft one at 7, and that's not so bad if Rolle and Pac-Man Jones are available, but the flip side of that is failing to land a WR and drafting Williams at 7.

So what do you all think? Hopefully we'll get FA's on both sides of the ball to make this moot, but if it's FA WR and defense at #7, or FA CB and Mike Williams at #7, what do you choose? I personally think we could get a equal/better WR (Troy Willamson or Mark Clayton) at #18.
purplebleeder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that the vikings sign a free agent WR and then can just concentrate on defense with both of their picks in the first round. Also, if they could sign someone like Fred Smoot along with a WR, we could get DJ, if he is still there which i doubt, or Davis with the first pick and then at #18 draft anttaj hawthorne which would greatly improve the defense.
mighty baron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These first couple of day of FA are going to be huge cause all the decent players have tones of offers i would assume and i hope your willing to spend a little more to bring Plax we have to get him... and one CB...The rest we can get in the draft(Johnson, Davis) and then one of the dline guys with the 18th pick. But we cannot afford to use the 7th pick for WR are defense jsut needs the help alot more then offense should.
UtBDan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we take a WR at #7 I'm going to be incredibly pissed. We NEED to draft on defense, as our offense is set in everything but WR, and if we sign a WR (assuming it's of pro bowl quality) than I will be incredibly ripped if the Vikings draft a WR.

I'd like to see them trade up to get Derrick Johnson.
Vikings fan.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i'd cream my pants If we somehow got DJ.......... and i am praying we make a hard run at Plaxico
Superfreak842

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get Plex and DJ were set for a good season. Drafting another defensive player and Mike Nugent would be luxuries. But u can never get enough of Defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: