Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Hire Tony Sparano to be O-line / Assistant HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Love it. He has no association word "zone" does he? DMC needs to look good those 6 games he isn't injured.....
Blue collar guy.

LOL exactly. We should really just trade him if anyone wants him. RBs are a dime a dozen and his production is easily replaceable for so much less.

PM sig requests.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Love it. He has no association word "zone" does he? DMC needs to look good those 6 games he isn't injured.....
Blue collar guy.

LOL exactly. We should really just trade him if anyone wants him. RBs are a dime a dozen and his production is easily replaceable for so much less.

...and trade down for more picks and come up with Eddie Lacy. We can only dream can't we?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
One thing on Sparano as a HC/OC. It's ALL about the QB. People need to start realizing this.

2008 - 11-5 with Chad Pennington
2009 and 2010 - 7-9 With Henne
2011 - Fired at 4-9 when the team was coming on with Moore.

2012 - Jets OC with Sanchez at QB.

It's easy to say he was a bad HC/OC, but reality is without a good QB the results are not going to be there.

Miami was winning with Defense and a gimmick wildcat for a good stretch. The Jets were just terrible top to bottom on offense. Bad QB, bad RBs, Bad WRs.

People SERIOUSLY underestimate how important a QB is to making a coach look good.

but this logic doesn't apply when you argue against Hue Jackson, amirite?

What are you talking about? I've alway agreed Hue is a fine coach. Just EXTREMELY overrated here because the team was .500 for the first time in a decade.

Here we go again...courtesy of big_PMS

I love how you think hiring an assistant HC-which takes away responsibilities from Allen-is a testament to DA.

Word, DA does nothing right

Any thread we reply in:

You: All hail DA!
Me: No
You: [Insert something a school girl would say]

Oh is that how it went? Because "Big PMS" is something a grown man says Laughing

don't get mad because we have different view points :

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...hopefully he'll sign Ronnie Brown as cover for DMC, as hate to see a player of his talent wasting away hiden on the Chargers roster
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
good hire, Idk why everyone is so geeked over an o-line coach.

Uh, then why are you saying good hire? You wouldn't geeked for a OL coach (or any good coach for that matter) with this much experience? Aren't you in the DA is in over his head and horrible camp? Then the hire of an excellent, well respected and experience OL coach is definitely something to be geeked over.

Good to see you going along with the crowd tho. Baaaaaa. LOL!!! Laughing

Its a good hire. But lets not get carried away here. This guy was let go by two teams in the last two years.

And we will wait to kiss DA's feet until hiring assistants (which McKenzie undoubtedly had more say in this year to avoid Knapp types) translate to wins. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt based off of his first year, despite how many of you give him that.

But like Olson, this was another good hire. Its a good start to the offseason.

And you know McKenzie had more say exactly how? Rolling Eyes

These hirings had time on their sides. When DA was first hired most staffs were already in place. And whether the hires translate into wins depend solely on the talent that is assembled. The kid has shown better judgement in his 2nd go around. So I will give him credit for that. He will have to earn credit for what the team does on the field when it gets to that. But you cannot deny that he has done a much better job of assembling an offensive staff (on paper) than he did last year.

He doesn't know...
Quote:
Q: How involved are you in those interviews or is it mostly [Head Coach] Dennis [Allen]?

McKenzie: Were both involved and when you get down to the nitty-gritty of it, its Dennis, especially when you talk particulars, but were both involved.

It's the same as last year, or with any team. Of course the GM is involved. But it's still DA's hire.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/01/23/raiders-confirm-hiring-of-sparano/

Its official.

Quote:
The Raiders hired Tony Sparano as an assistant head coach/offensive line coach Wednesday.
Sparano replaces Frank Pollack, who was fired by the Raiders after one season. He spent the 2012 season as the New York Jets offensive coordinator before being fired soon after the season ended.
Sparano will be tasked with converting the Raiders offensive line from the zone-blocking scheme to a power-blocking scheme.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/01/23/raiders-confirm-hiring-of-sparano/

Its official.

Quote:
The Raiders hired Tony Sparano as an assistant head coach/offensive line coach Wednesday.
Sparano replaces Frank Pollack, who was fired by the Raiders after one season. He spent the 2012 season as the New York Jets offensive coordinator before being fired soon after the season ended.
Sparano will be tasked with converting the Raiders offensive line from the zone-blocking scheme to a power-blocking scheme.

Yeah DA talked about it on NFL AM this morning. Get with the times, bro.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Its official.

Quote:

I'm sorry, I have this thing called a job, where I get this thing called money and am this thing called responsible. Wink

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Its official.

Quote:

I'm sorry, I have this thing called a job, where I get this thing called money and am this thing called responsible. Wink

I don't know what any of those things are
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Its official.

Quote:

I don't know what any of those things are

Haha, taking classes on campus does that to ya. Laughing

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nahhh, I work two jobs bro, I'm not one of those mom and dad pays for everything type guys, If I don't pay my way through, I don't go to school, simple.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are these school and job things you speak of?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
nahhh, I work two jobs bro, I'm not one of those mom and dad pays for everything type guys, If I don't pay my way through, I don't go to school, simple.

Oh. Well, I'm one of those "mom and dad pays for everything type guys". But I'm planning on paying them back over the course of my life. I don't think they'll accept it though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Oh. Well, I'm one of those "mom and dad pays for everything type guys". But I'm planning on paying them back over the course of my life. I don't think they'll accept it though.

Hey I never said there was anything wrong with that Wink
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Blue collar guy.

...and trade down for more picks and come up with Eddie Lacy. We can only dream can't we?

Loved DMC but he's weak man. Lacy would be a WIN....Trade back and draft OT Fisher then Lacy in round 2.
Good Oline for Palmer and we get a new RB oft! Just dreaming tho lol

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: