Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Hire Tony Sparano to be O-line / Assistant HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great offensive line coach. And with experience as head coach he can help out Dennis Allen. With Greg Olson favoring power blocking, oh man I can see our offensive line being nasty from now on and being the aggressors as opposed to being pushovers.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sooooo EXCITED!!!! Wink Smile

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great hire. I can't wait to see what happens. Looks like we will be switching back to PBS, thank God. McFadden can't do crap in ZBS! This is his element, if he can stay healthy.

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
...hopefully he'll sign Ronnie Brown as cover for DMC, as hate to see a player of his talent wasting away hiden on the Chargers roster

nobody like this (cheap) idea?
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
...hopefully he'll sign Ronnie Brown as cover for DMC, as hate to see a player of his talent wasting away hiden on the Chargers roster

two questions:

1. If he's that talented why would the chargers give him up
2. Can we afford him

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidow wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

two questions:

1. If he's that talented why would the chargers give him up
2. Can we afford him

1. chargers are fools (joking aside only our new OL coach has got anything much out of him)
2. a rare yes, as he's on a low salary at the Chargers
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

I'm not opposed to the idea. I like Mike Goodson and I'm still intrigued by what Taiwan Jones can do but obviously Brown has had success with Sparano and, if healthy, could possibly provide a boost.

However - I'm not sure he is the type of back that we'll be looking for. He's on the wrong side of 30 and injury prone IIRC, and we probably aren't looking for more of the same. I'm thinking we'll be after a back like LeGarrette Blount or even a Michael Bush-type pounder that can add some stability to an already fragile stable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

I'm not opposed to the idea. I like Mike Goodson and I'm still intrigued by what Taiwan Jones can do but obviously Brown has had success with Sparano and, if healthy, could possibly provide a boost.

However - I'm not sure he is the type of back that we'll be looking for. He's on the wrong side of 30 and injury prone IIRC, and we probably aren't looking for more of the same. I'm thinking we'll be after a back like LeGarrette Blount or even a Michael Bush-type pounder that can add some stability to an already fragile stable.

but with Darren, Goodson, Reece and Taiwan (assuming he doesn't switch to CB) we can really use Brown intelligently
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie Brown was good 5 years ago. The guy is 31 and playing a position where career longevity is the exception.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Ronnie Brown was good 5 years ago. The guy is 31 and playing a position where career longevity is the exception.

Also:

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidow wrote:
This is a great hire. I can't wait to see what happens. Looks like we will be switching back to PBS, thank God. McFadden can't do crap in ZBS! This is his element, if he can stay healthy.

putting all our eggs in dmacs basket hasnt worked out great for us over his career

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are pretty high on Olawale has the bigger back. I doubt we get anyone else in here except maybe to compete. As it is.

McFadden
Goodson
Jones
Olawale
Stewart
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I think they are pretty high on Olawale has the bigger back. I doubt we get anyone else in here except maybe to compete. As it is.

McFadden
Goodson
Jones
Olawale
Stewart

That shipped has sale. If im him, Im in Florida right now working with Deion and other active NFL corners and trying get my stuff down. Thats his best bet at playing time.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

putting all our eggs in dmacs basket hasnt worked out great for us over his career

+1

If they are smart they wont be giving McFadden 20 carries a game. Rather than having one back get all the work, get Reece and Goodson involved a bit more. That should keep all three fresh, reduce their risk of injury, and hopefully still produce the same results. I would love to see Reece in the backfield with McFadden in the slot more often.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

+1

If they are smart they wont be giving McFadden 20 carries a game. Rather than having one back get all the work, get Reece and Goodson involved a bit more. That should keep all three fresh, reduce their risk of injury, and hopefully still produce the same results. I would love to see Reece in the backfield with McFadden in the slot more often.

yea but for the money dmac is making he should get 20 carries a game. imo he is another player whos play doesnt justify his salary. imo goody and reece can get it done.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: