Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Superbowl
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jyod21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Superbowl Reply with quote

Is anyone planning on going down to New Orleans?

I was in Atlanta Sunday and am now 6-0 when I see them live (being from the East Coast and being in my early 20's, there haven't been many opportunisties to see them, but I try to jump on them whenever I can.)

I'm currently trying to see if I can budget a trip to the game, so I was interested in seeing who else was planning on making the trip?
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish, but I'm not rich and am having my second kid that same week. I'll be watching the game probably holding my new baby that Sunday. Cool What a week for me!!!

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:

I was in Atlanta Sunday and am now 6-0 when I see them live (being from the East Coast and being in my early 20's, there haven't been many opportunisties to see them, but I try to jump on them whenever I can.)

I'm currently trying to see if I can budget a trip to the game, so I was interested in seeing who else was planning on making the trip?

The words "budget" and "superbowl" don't really work together...either you start saving now for an experience of a lifetime, or you start participating in every contest known to man to win tickets. I would love to go to the superbowl once. I'm still working on trying to marry a rich girl for that.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

The words "budget" and "superbowl" don't really work together...either you start saving now for an experience of a lifetime, or you start participating in every contest known to man to win tickets. I would love to go to the superbowl once. I'm still working on trying to marry a rich girl for that.

You better be a damn good pool boy bro.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

I'm gonna be a Trophy Husband.

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

haha, yeah gotta have goals!!! It sucks because casual diehard fans can't afford to go to see their team in the super bowl because its way too expensive. I wish I was rich just for one day and that would be the 3rd.

"Keep choppin' wood"
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

haha, yeah gotta have goals!!! It sucks because casual diehard fans can't afford to go to see their team in the super bowl because its way too expensive. I wish I was rich just for one day and that would be the 3rd.

When it comes to the Super Bowl i think its best i stay home my wife already says i look like Harbaugh just watching the games i cant imagine how I'm going to look during the SB. Here's to being emotionally invested lol. Pray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

When it comes to the Super Bowl i think its best i stay home my wife already says i look like Harbaugh just watching the games i cant imagine how I'm going to look during the SB. Here's to being emotionally invested lol. Pray
Seriously. I'm gonna have to tell my wife to hold the new baby after the 2nd half starts. Laughing

"Keep choppin' wood"
jyod21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

It's actually looking like it's not going to kill me. I'm going to ride down with a few friends (It'll be a brutal car ride, but plane tickets into New Orleans are absurd from all my surrounding airports, I even looked into flying into Baton Rouge, and it's still awful) and I went to school with a girl who is living down there now, so we're just staying at her house. If I can't get hooked up with a ticket that is in it's ballpark face value, I'm just going to scalp. I rode out to the Superbowl last year, just see what the atmosphere was like, and tickets were being scalped for half of what they are going for online right now.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. My girlfriend surprised me with tickets this morning. A while ago she said if we made it, she'd get me tickets. I thought she might have forgotten, but she left an envelope in my bag today that said QUESTFORSIX and it had our plane tickets. The SB tickets should be coming shortly. This is the best day ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

It's actually looking like it's not going to kill me. I'm going to ride down with a few friends (It'll be a brutal car ride, but plane tickets into New Orleans are absurd from all my surrounding airports, I even looked into flying into Baton Rouge, and it's still awful) and I went to school with a girl who is living down there now, so we're just staying at her house. If I can't get hooked up with a ticket that is in it's ballpark face value, I'm just going to scalp. I rode out to the Superbowl last year, just see what the atmosphere was like, and tickets were being scalped for half of what they are going for online right now.

Do you remember how much they were actually going for? My sister wanted to go, but my girlfriend only got us two tickets. She might just go with us, and not go into the stadium, but if I can get some scalped tickets for around $1500, then I might buy her one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I'll be there. My girlfriend surprised me with tickets this morning. A while ago she said if we made it, she'd get me tickets. I thought she might have forgotten, but she left an envelope in my bag today that said QUESTFORSIX and it had our plane tickets. The SB tickets should be coming shortly. This is the best day ever.

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY SOB SOCAL!
Damn thats going to be crazy fun. If we win, you should get a niner tattoo to complete this season with a beautiful ending Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

its funny because my wife said the same thing about the San Francisco Giants in 2010. She said as a wedding present we would go to the World Series if they made it. Sure enough and $500 a seat later there i was at game 1 of the World Series.

I honestly got to live a dream. I always wanted to go to a Ws game and to add to it my Giants were in it and my wife is a Dodgers fan. Its really a once in a lifetime thing for most people.

You'd better marry that girl.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually talking about going with a friend a few months ago. He's a Saints fan and thought they would be in the SB (lol) and I thought SF had a good shot of being there. And even if they weren't, its still a great experience.

Anyways we never ended up planning it, and i have an exam that day from 4-5:30 PM EST anyway so any trip would have been impossible. I'll be watching it from home, and my first ever 49ers game in person will have to wait for another season. Hopefully everyone that goes enjoys it and has a great time, and hopefully we're cheering on a SB win.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Superbowl Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
jyod21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

Do you remember how much they were actually going for? My sister wanted to go, but my girlfriend only got us two tickets. She might just go with us, and not go into the stadium, but if I can get some scalped tickets for around $1500, then I might buy her one.

I should have taken up that offer to go live with you, in exchange for mowing your lawn. You guys know how to live.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: