Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Message from abdi7451

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Message from abdi7451 Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've been told to pass this message along from a former poster on here. He contacted me on my graphics site to ask me if I could do this for him.... so here's the message:

Quote:
Hey guys. Itís abdi7451. If you guys are getting this message itís thanks to my man Kempes. I have not been able to log into FF recently. I keep getting this message:
Error 10127 - Server Busy
At first I thought there was something wrong on my part. I did everything but reinstall windows on my computer. I cleared cookie, caches, history, I even used system restore. Finally I tried to log on from one of my schoolís computers. I still got the same message.
I then came to the conclusion that Iíve been banned. I found that odd, since I did not receive an email or personal message telling me the reason I was banned. I went over my post from the night before I was banned. It was the night right before we hired Trestman. I had quoted one inappropriate song. A moderator edited my post (I assumed it was AZBearsfan) and I shot him a message apologizing for my post. I then posted a couple times before logging off. The next afternoon I tried logging in. Thatís when the log in issues started.
Iíve sent Webby an email twice asking for help and I also tried making a new account. I havenít received a response from either. If you guys need my email here it is:
nintendo67@gmail.com
I really enjoyed posting on here and I really learned a lot about football on here, and Iíd really like my account back. To AZBearsfan or GRRlacher, if you guys could please post telling me the reason Iíve been banned or reinstate my account, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Abdi
P.S. Ė chisoxguy7 if I get my account back or not, Iíll still get that Bears Pickíem Winner sig to ya on time

I don't know if this type of topic is against any rules.. if so, I apologise.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes, if you could I would forward the message to AZBearsFan via PM.

Edit: And apparently this happened to a few people in 2007

Webby wrote:
I'm sorry that some of you are still having problems. Let me try to explain this again.

The reason for the log in problems is due to an error in your web cookies on Internet Explorer. Basically a cookie is a small file that saves information for use on websites. In our case it stores your username. If the cookie isn't working correctly, then the forum software can't read your username all the time and you have log in problems.

To fix this problem follow these steps.

1. Delete browser cookies
2. Close browser
3. Reboot computer
4. open browser
5. login to FF

If it didn't work the first time, try it again. Follw the exact order.

More details below if you don't know how to delete your browser cookies.

To delete all of the cookies on Internet Explorer:
1. Select the 'Tools' menu
2. Click 'Internet Options'
3. Click 'Delete' under 'Browsing History'
4. Click 'Delete cookies'.

To delete your cookies on Firefox:
1. Select the 'Tools' menu
2. Click 'Clear Private Data'
3. Check the box labeled 'Cookies'
4. Click 'Clear Private Data Now'

Finally, make sure you reboot your computer after deleting the cookies and it might take a couple of log ins for the cookies to set again.

More info-
How to delete a cookie from Microsoft website-
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sec_cook_del.mspx?mfr=true

Tons of info on cookies from wikipedia-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Last edited by Superman(DH23) on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

Done.

I thought I'd post it here aswell because I know it contained a message intended for all the Bears forum guys at the end....
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Done.

I thought I'd post it here aswell because I know it contained a message intended for all the Bears forum guys at the end....
do you know what browser he's using?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll shoot him an email
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Kempes wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Done.

do you know what browser he's using?

The only information I got from him is in what I posted. I'll wait til AZBearsFan replies to my PM until I get back in contact with abdi.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...I don't know of any ban or anything that would stop him from logging into FF.

If you could please, continue this with AZ via PM (and he will talk to webby) and do whatever we can to help him get going again. If you guys, or if AZ need any assistance from me please let me know as well.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: