Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins interested in Revis? Trade suggestions here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Redskins interested in Revis? Trade suggestions here! Reply with quote

Thought I would update this thread.

I have a feeling we land Revis, somehow.
Not exactly sure how we make it happen, with no 1st rd pick.
But I don't think the Jets get that anyways, if they in fact do trade him.

I see a player(s) for player(s) trade happening perhaps?

Anyways, this article suggest we're interested in Revis.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130940/article/darrelle-revis-which-teams-will-go-after-jets-cb

So I'll stick with my prediction:
Redskins= OLB Brian Orakpo & Kirk Cousins & a 2013 3rd rd pick
for
Jets= D.Revis & Tim Tebow & a Jets 5th rd pick

Last edited by aceinthehouse on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw...I posted this trade proposal over at the K.C. forum for discussion as well.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511761

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way! The.first overall isn't exactly a coveted spot this year. We need both Rak and Cousins.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
No way! The.first overall isn't exactly a coveted spot this year. We need both Rak and Cousins.

You wouldn't trade Orakpo & Cousins to lock down our RT spot with a Luke Joeckel @#1?

Or possibly trade down from #1, to maybe 10-15 range & pick up extra picks. Perhaps even for the 2014 draft.

Take MLB Monte Teo in that spot (10-15) or maybe a CB Dee Milliner is sitting there after a trade down?

Or a S Kenny Vaccaro?

I think we need to look at all options.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, there is not a player that we need to take at the #1 position that I would trade a franchise defensive player for the #1 spot in the draft on someone that has not been proven yet.

Secondly, Cousins is someone we need for when the season starts, cause we are not sure on the rehab progress of Griffin and if he is going to be ready to go.

Luke Joeckel is a LT and playing him at RT, would be a travesty.

The #1 pick in this years draft is not worthy of anyone trading up for.

Dee Milliner is not getting past the Eagles let alone the Lions.

There are plenty of high end S's in the draft that we should be able to get in the 2nd round at our pick.

I am appalled that you would suggest such a thing.

The bottom line is this:

No value for the #1 pick and we would lose a viable QB and a franchise defensive player for a slim chance that we can get a trade down??

Orakpo is more valuable to this team and the defensive front than it seems you know. He takes the pressure off Kerrigan, he creates nightmares for LT's that literally have to hold him every play to stop him from burying a QB's face into the dirt. He provides that pass rush that we need to not leave our CB's out in coverage for very long. He is a very big presence on the field.

There is absolutely no way I would even entertain the idea of trading away Orakpo. And to suggest taking Manti Te'o? Who looked scared and intimidated against the Alabama offense. He was out of place and lost in the BCS championship game.

Sorry.

And Vaccaro is a late 1st round pick. He is probably the most well rounded S in the class, but he is by no means a mid round 1st pick.

But suppose this happens. Devil's advocate.

If we were able to trade down from the #1 overall into the middle of the first and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

I would look to WR for the 1st rounder.

There are a number of WR in the first round that would benefit this team.

Keenan Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Cordarelle Patterson
Terrance Williams
Justin Hunter

But the option is for this year, we stay at 53 and pick the best available S.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a heartbeat
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say this trade is a joke. This is a draft class where you don't want the number 1 pick. Also this trade makes no sense for the Chiefs. As much as we want to believe Cousins is a good qb he hasn't proven anything yet. This whole Idea that we can get a high draft choice for him is complete bs. Matt Flynn had a good game with the Packers also last year and he is still a back up. As far as Orakpo the Chiefs have no need for him. They already have Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! We need Orakpo as evidence, look at last year and how much our Pass rush struggled without him and Carriker. You don't just trade away the best pass rusher you've had in a decade.

Also, there is absolutely Nothing I want with the #1 pick! Nothing!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
NO! We need Orakpo as evidence, look at last year and how much our Pass rush struggled without him and Carriker. You don't just trade away the best pass rusher you've had in a decade.

Kerrigan is the best pass rusher we've had in a decade.
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I honestly have no clue how you come up with this stuff? Kerrigan is a decent pass rusher but he doesn't possess the overall power Orakpo does to bull rush and he has very limited pass rush moves in general. Kerrigan tends to get sacks when pressure comes from elsewhere and he cherry picks. I'm amazed people still think Kerrigan is better after he was brutally exposed against Seattle...
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole premise is what desperate teams do.

Thing is : We are not a desperate team anymore. We are not desperate for a QB, backup QB, RB, WR, LT, C, Pass Rusher..... There is no position we are so desperate at that we need to trade away our best pass-rusher and the QB who may possibly start the season and play 4-6 games.

Also, keeping Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jackson and possibly even adding more talent at the position is what good teams do. There is nothing wrong with rotating Jackson in some, finding some snaps during the game for him to spell Orakpo. I don't think he's in a hurry to leave after all this staff has taught him and what he feels in the locker room. He won't need a blockbuster deal to stay. We absolutely should keep him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I honestly have no clue how you come up with this stuff? Kerrigan is a decent pass rusher but he doesn't possess the overall power Orakpo does to bull rush and he has very limited pass rush moves in general. Kerrigan tends to get sacks when pressure comes from elsewhere and he cherry picks. I'm amazed people still think Kerrigan is better after he was brutally exposed against Seattle...
thank you

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

thank you

Without Orakpo, Kerrigan could not find a way to deal with the double teams coming his way until Rob Jackson started stepping up. Kerrigan is a good player with a high motor, but he does not have the ability to rush the passer effectively without being in a 1 on 1 situation.

Orakpo is quick enough, strong enough and agile enough to get around OT's with either swim moves, under moves, bull rushes, or stunts and he can do it with double teams on him.

This kind of play from Orakpo really allows Kerrigan to get his opportunities.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

You wouldn't trade Orakpo & Cousins to lock down our RT spot with a Luke Joeckel @#1?

Or possibly trade down from #1, to maybe 10-15 range & pick up extra picks. Perhaps even for the 2014 draft.

Take MLB Monte Teo in that spot (10-15) or maybe a CB Dee Milliner is sitting there after a trade down?

Or a S Kenny Vaccaro?

I think we need to look at all options.
why would you trade a pro bowl talent OLB who has gotten 11, 8.5 and 9 sacks in each year he's played in 15 + games and he has potential to get more and our 24 year old back up QB who won is two games last year for a Tackle prospect who would have to move to the right side but had never played on the right side?

We have two proven young players and you want to trade them for one unknown player in the draft. No thanks bro Shame on you

lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're going to trade away Kirk Cousins when we have absolutely no clue how RGIII is going to be next season and on top of that deal away our best pass rusher (I don't care what Slateman says) for a RT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: